- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The trio try to keep up, as they fight the over-sized Masako...

Hitoshi, Tarou, and Sei now had a big problem. A 30-foot problem, in fact. As Masako finished her spell, her growth had been shocking to them. The other mikos had retreated to the back wall of the shrine and the three of them were face-to-face with an adversary that not-only was a magic user, but now towered over them. They looked at one another, getting very nervous, wondering how in the world they were going to be able to fight off someone that big. They weren't even as high as her knee at this point and who knows how they'd ever get up to the rest of her to get an attack in.

Still, they had to hold their ground, and they had to fight. There was no turning back from this. Not now, anyways. They try to run, and they were certain she could easily outrun them. They could have had a chance if they could get out the door, but they were halfway into the room. They would get grabbed or zapped by some sort of spell by the time they would get halfway to that door. They didn't come here to run away, anyways. Clenching their weapons, they stared up at the towering purple-robed woman, and stood, ready for battle.

They were running towards Masako, hoping they could get a quick hit on her to start the battle off. Maybe to have one of them attack her legs to get her to fall over. Being that big, she had to be quite heavy and would be harder to get up than they would. Before they could even reach her, though, they were blinded by the light of an enormous spell catalyst appearing in front of her. Tarou was the only one whom wasn't completely blinded by it, still working on a Quake spell to get under her feet. Unfortunately, he didn't have a chance to do so, as he was the target of the spell she was not casting.

“Dischord!” cried out Masako, her voice echoing through the shrine, causing all three of them to grab onto their ears, feeling like she were using some sort of microphone. Hitoshi and Sei were on the ground and fell down as she stomped her foot into the floor, shaking it. The mikos held onto the walls in the back as they saw Masako at work. From above, Tarou saw what looked like shining yellow vines shooting down towards him. He tried to raise his staff and defend himself from this assault, but he couldn't. The vines were extremely big and they easily enveloped his entire body. He fell to the ground, unconscious and shaking, the vine holding him in place.

The others adjusted their eyes to the view as Masako was taking a breath, looking at the results of her spell. Hitoshi first saw Tarou, completely wrapped up in the vines, and his eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets. If this woman was able to completely render one of them helpless so easy, what were the true extend of the powers she held? What else could she do? Too enraged about the falling of Tarou, he quickly cast Willpower on himself and motions to Sei what he wants to do. He was going to get a boost from Sei and unlease a full-on Oni Rush, right into that pretty face of hers.

Things were going fine. Masako, still recovering from the last spell she cast, was watching as Sei got into position. Hitoshi started running, sword in hand, but at the last second, right when he was getting ready to jump, the blinding light happened again. Trying to remember and ignore the light, he jumped where he thought Sei's hands were. Sei, keeping his eyes shut and focusing, felt Hitoshi's boot land on his palms. Putting all his strength into his arms, he launched Hitoshi into the air, hoping his plan was going to work before whatever this next spell was took place and hit one, or both of them.

Hitoshi felt his own body going up into the air and was ready to unleash his assault at any time, but he was caught off balance as he heard that echoing voice, all the louder as he was closer to her face at this point. “INDIGNATION!” From high above all three of them, he heard thunder, as if there were some sort of storm in the shrine. He got a sour feeling in his stomach as he heard the surging of a thunderbolt, though it sounded much, much busier than Tarou's Thunder spell. It sounded more like dozens of them. Within moments, he felt his body get struck by a massive electrical shock and he fell to the ground. As he was falling, he screamed out in pain, followed by hearing Sei's body scream as well. He could only focus on hearing, still blinded from the catalyst.

Masako hadn't taken a second step since the battle began, other than simply stomping her foot into the ground to catch them off-guard. She had a ridiculous advantage in this, and she knew it. She stood and watched them fall to the ground and try to recover from the two spells she'd cast thus far. Hitoshi and Sei were down again, but upon casting her Indignation spell, she'd cancelled out the Dischord spell she had cast a moment ago, freeing Tarou from the shackling vines of light. As the lightning bolts had come down to hit him, they kickstarted his system, rolling him across the floor and waking him up.

His head flew up, the green hat falling off his head. He took a look at the situation, and saw that things were very bad. His silver hair his the back of his head, sweat dripping down his forehead, seeing his two friends down and struggling to get back up. He tried to push himself up to cast a spell, but he felt the pain pushing him down. His hands clenched tightly onto his staff as he pushed himself into the air, only to see more flashses of light as Masako was casting spells again to push them all down, even further. “POWER WELL!” she cried, as a dose of lightning appeared around Tarou. He felt all of the energy draining from his body. He was still able to stand, but he'd lost the energy to cast any spells. He was now helpless, like the other two were becoming.

Trying to get back into the fight, he grabbed a Mana Syrup and started to drink it as another flash of light appeared. Being in the same spot, Hitoshi and Sei were both flung back by an immense shockwave as Masako just and stomped into the ground, right where they were. They slid across the floor, right into Tarou. They looked at the enormous Masako and stood together, trying to contemplate the next course of actions. Things were just as bad as she said they were. They had absolutely no chance of taking this woman down. Not without some help, anyways. They stood there, defeated, hoping to find a way out of this, and soon...

(Just as a Note to everyone. I actually didn't lose the battle with Masako in my play of the game, with a Lv13 party. However, since losing the fight is the most 'canon' of the two, that's what I'm going to be utilizing in the story.)