- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The three take a brief rest in the Infirmary before stocking up and heading out...

The path back to Professor Moriko wasn't, exactly, a safe one. Although the three students had wiped out most of the monsters in this new “Wilderness” area, at least the big ones, there were still plenty of other monsters hanging around to give them a challenge. Before they'd even managed to get back to the original Training Course, they'd run into at least a dozen of these new crab monsters. They had to stop as soon as they got to the 'bridge' between the two areas to have a helping of Potions and Mana Waters. It seemed that, despite the big monsters being gone, there were still a lot of others. Maybe that was a good thing, though. More monsters meant more training for the students.

If that weren't enough, there trek back through the original course led them to at least a dozen more battle before they'd even gotten back to the creek crossing near the well. Traveling through the forest, they were pelted with battle after battler after battle. These fights were incredibly easy to get through, but no one ever said easy battles could be dealt with easily over the course of a long time. Hurrying across the creek, they were practically sprinting up to Moriko's cabin. As they got up there, there was a surprisingly few amount of monsters. It was confusing to them, but they'd take what they could get.

The professor was standing at her cabin, waiting for them, her eyes set on them, as they always were. To be honest, they were surprised they hadn't seen her watching them as they did their assignment. Every time they completed an assignment for her, whether this day or in the past, it was like she already knew everything they'd done. She had eyes all around this place it seemed. While her cabin was at the highest point of the Training Course. She could probably see most of it. This time, however, was a little weirder than before.

As they approached her, she had that confident, glad look on her face. The same one she always had on when they were finished with assignments. They could almost guess that she wouldn't even ask about what they'd done. She, for some reason, would know how they did, and so she did. Making assumptions, or not, depending on what her methods of monitoring actually were, she called out to the three of them, congratulating them. “Well done, you three. It sure took you long enough to finish up the assignment, though.”

Her confidence was ever-present, at all times. She had the strength to back up that ego of hers, though. As the instructor of the Training Course, Moriko was as tough as they came. Pulling her hands to a few provisions behind her, she handed the trio a handful of new supplies for their trip and their main mission. “I'll get to work on expanding our Training Course first thing tomorrow morning. For now, take this reward and get your butts back to your main mission.” The instructor then handed them a large, cooked Roast, and three bottles of a crimson red liquid. They were known as “Brave Juice”, something that enhanced the energy in someone's body and helped improve strength and endurance.

As she sent them off, they were smiling and ready to head off, out of the Training Course and back onto campus to finish up their preparations for heading towards the Seiryuu Shrine. They were in desperate need of supplies and needed to make sure they were ready for anything, just as Principal Ayuka had stressed to them. The situation was escalating quickly. All of this had started at a simple trip to the beach, and it seemed like they might be running into something big, very big. They were about to leave the Training Course when two Rivercrabs jumped out in front of them, as if trying to keep them from leaving. Wielding their weapons, they quickly disposed of the monsters, showing the bruises they'd gotten in this place. Finally, they walked out of the Training Course, heading back to the main building, where the Campus Shop was.

It had been a long mission thus far and it hadn't taken them very long to reach the main building. They were long due for some part of their mission that would not require fighting and working out in the outside weather. Getting inside the side door, the three of them started to make their way towards the main entrance, where the shopkeeper was. As they got to the corner, they were immediately stopped. As soon as they passed by where the clock stood, they heard a voice from behind them. “Hey! Did you over-do it? Again?! Get your butts over here and rest for awhile.”

From behind them was the Campus Nurse, an eyebrow raised and looking at them with a funny look. They looked at each other, unsure if they really had time to stop and rest. Seeing all the bruises and dirty spots on each other, they looked back at her and reconsidered their actions. The Nurse's face was turning to a smile as they stopped their path and headed towards the Nurse's Desk. She set them up in three beds from behind, inside the “Infirmary” area, and they laid down for a quick rest. They may have wanted to get out there to the Shrine, but they needed to be rested up, too, and there weren't any Crystals hanging around on the way to their destination.

They rested for a good few hours, a lot of their minds. Hitoshi and Sei had surprisingly soothing and calming sleeps, but Tarou was troubled at everything they'd been told, specifically everything Umi had told him. They may be in for quite the amount of trouble when they headed towards the Shrine. They had to be as ready as they possibly could be. They were definitely stronger from all of the fighting they'd done so far, but if the Mikos were as tough as Hiromi had mentioned, he wasn't sure if they'd be ready for them. They had to go through with this, but he had a bad feeling.

After they'd gotten enough rest, the three of them got up and stocked up at the Campus Shop, picking up a dozen Potions, Mana Waters, Brave Juices, and two new items for them, Calm Juices and Charm Colognes. Calm Juices were like Brave Juices, but they improved energy usage. Charm Colognes, however, were something new to all of them. It was a special sort of cologne with a fragrance that supposedly worked wonders on repelling monsters. The fact that the shop had them in stock was quite amazing. They picked up as many of them as they could afford, trying to stock up as much as they could before heading out, straight towards the Seiryuu Shrine...