- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Long time reader giving an attempt at a story.  Criticism is appreciated.

 

Derrick watched the ground as he walked slowly to class, dragging his feet the entire way.  He watched as his grey sneakers kicked loose rocks and dirt as he made his way to calculus class at the back of campus.  His blonde hair blew in the wind, but his blue eyes never left the ground as he continued his walk to the classrooms in the back.  


Off in the distance he saw a group of girls ahead of him walking into the trailer that housed his calculus class.  Classes had been moved to the trailers in light of the fact that the school was redoing many of the classrooms, and this meant that many of the students needed to walk quite a ways just to get to class.  The path itself was littered with debris because of the construction, and Derrick took pleasure in watching the girls in front of him kick the dirt and rocks mindlessly on their way to class.  Their pretty painted toes sitting on top of foamy flip flops were mercilessly beating the ground to a pulp without the girls knowledge.

Of course the girls in front of him were the some of the prettier girls at school.  Jessica was an Asian track star with a tight butt and beautiful legs.  Her deep brown eyes and tanned skin were absolutely intoxicating.  Ashley, the cheerleader, was the typical stuck up blonde.  Her daddy bought her everything she wanted, and she had an overall domineering personality.  Of course she was the choice girl that most every guy in the school wanted, so it was unsurprising that she carried an entitled attitude.  Finally there was Sarah the dark haired beauty with milky colored skin, and blue eyes.  Derrick didn’t know much about her other than she was typically seen with Ashley and Jessica.  

Overall, he didn’t care for any of the girls’ attitudes, but it was undeniable that he found them absolutely stunning.  Each for her own reasons.  Derrick stared at their legs and feet as he made his way up the stairs to the trailer.  All of the girls had beautifully done pedicures, courtesey of their rich parents.  

Derrick himself was no slouch.  He was captain of the water polo and swim teams, took all advanced placement classes, and was very capable of socializing.  However, he seemed to always be lost in fantasy worlds or playing video games to spend time chasing after girls, and this, combined with the fact that many girls found him attractive, caused him to be intimidating.  Consequently, he didn’t date much, although he desired the women around him.  

He sat down at his desk in the back, and began taking out his books while pondering how he would pass the time in class.  Class was usually a terrible bore to Derrick because he learned much faster than many of the other students, and he spent many a class playing on his phone or checking out the pretty girls around him.  He strategically placed himself in the back so he could watch the girls feet while they kicked around mindlessly in class.  He never passed up a chance to watch a beautiful girl’s feet.  It was endlessly more entertaining than attempting to listen to his middle aged teacher, Ms. Cote.  Luckily, Derrick had chosen a seat within eye shot of Jessica and Ashley’s feet.  

The teacher droned on, and Derrick quickly began to lose interest as he dosed in and out of consciousness.  He sat back in his chair and began his daily routine of scanning the floor for what shoes the girls were wearing that day.  His eyes landed on Jessica’s first because she was closest to him, and he watched as her blue painted toes flexed up and down, obviously stretching her tired soles after a morning run.  He watched as her powerful foot flexed, applying pressure to the black, foam sandal that supported it.  It was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen.  Her blue toes looked like they held bits of lint between them from her black running socks, and Derrick watched as her powerful toes ground the lint between them as she aimlessly wiggled her toes in her sandals.  He could see bits of dirt and lint fall from her toes as she moved around, obviously bored with the lecture, and he imagined what it would be like to be the size of those lint pieces.  How big would her toes look from that angle?  Would he even be able to see over them?  He imagined her powerful toes wrapping around his body as he struggled against their size, smell, and might.  The immense scent of her sweat surrounded all around as he struggled in vain against the might of her sweaty toes.  

Derrick snapped out of his daydream as the teacher called on him to answer a question.  He immediately looked up at the board and stared like a deer in headlights as silence filled the room.  This was an easy question he had answered on his homework, but his mind had been occupied with the daydream of worshiping Jessica’s toes.  He stammered for an answer, but nothing came.  Suddenly, Ashley coughed, forcing out a glib comment.

“No Clue!” Ashley coughed as she began giggling to herself.  She looked to the side at Jessica, and both girls laughed at the comment.  

“Take the integral of X with respect to Z,” confidently answered Derrick as he smiled to himself.  He always had been proud of his superior ability to react in situations just like this one.  

“Very good, Derrick.  That is all,” his teacher Ms. Cote replied.  She turned her attention to another student to answer the next question.

Derrick turned his attention back to the ground, confident that he would not be disturbed again this class.  After all, most students were unable to answer even the more simplistic questions, so Ms. Cote focused most of her attention on them.  His eyes fell on Ashley’s feet where he saw something odd.  It looked like a bug attempting to wiggle out from between her pink, painted toes.  From his vantage point, Derrick could clearly see what looked like a flailing bug attempting to move from between her second and third toes on her right foot.  He took a second to focus harder, but Ashley removed her foot from her pink sandal and brought it up to her lap.  He saw her attention clearly drawn to her foot,  and she used her hand to massage her toes.  Or so it looked from Derrick’s position.  This went on for several seconds, and Derrick intently watched as Ashley massaged her toes for what seemed to be quite some time.  Finally, when she dropped her foot back into her sandal, Derrick could no longer see the bug.  

“Do you always stare at girls this much?” Jessica said.

Derrick snapped out of his trance and looked at Jessica he was leaning over her desk staring at him.  She had obviously seen that he was watching the massage Ashley was giving herself, and she didn’t look entirely pleased about it.  He slightly blushed, but was thankful that most people don’t assume someone is fantasizing about another person’s feet.

“I uh...no.  I was just thinking about something.  I’m not staring,” he retorted.

“Well, coulda fooled me buddy.  Whatever,” she scoffed in response.

Derrick quickly turned his away from both girls’ feet and towards the wall.  Although his eyes had been turned away, his mind was still thinking of Ashley’s feet and the bug he had seen between her toes.  What was it?  Why did it look so odd?  And, what had Ashley done to it?  His mind raced to imagine the answers to these questions, and all he could reason was that it was some sort of ant that she had crushed between her toes.  Or maybe that was just the answer he had hoped it was.

The bell rang, and all the students began packing up.  While doing so, Ashley dropped a manila folder out of her backpack onto the floor at Derrick’s feet.  

“Hey, mister know it all, can you grab that for me?” she asked between the chews of her gum.

“Ya, why not, I mean it’s not like everyone doesn’t already do everything for you already,” he sarcastically responded as he bent down to pick up the folder.

“Ok, whatever.  You’re just jealous...” Ashley had begun to respond but her phone suddenly began ringing the latest Katie Perry song.  “Hello?  Oh, hi Daddy!  Ya...I can do that.  Yes.  Ok.  You want more?”  

Derrick quickly lost interest in her conversation and picked up the folder, but some of the contents spilled out as he was doing so.  An image stared back at him from the ground, and he took a second to focus in on it.  It was the image of a man next to what looked like a gigantic ruler; however, the ruler was showing only an inch in the picture, and the man didn’t even come up to half of the pictured inch.  He would have investigated further, but he was interrupted by Ashley as she grabbed the folder and the picture from him.

“Mind your own business!” she snapped at Derrick.  “Sorry Daddy, I have your files.  Yes, it has gone really well.  I’ll bring everything back after school.  Love you Daddy.”  She snapped closed her phone.

“Uh, Ashley, what was that all about?”

“It was none of your business mister.  Stop being so nosy.”  She picked up her things and turned to walk out with Jessica and Sarah.  Derrick remained in his chair watching the girls leave, and staring in disbelief.  

His concentration was interrupted by a black pump that stepped into his line of sight.

“Are you ok, Derrick?  You look dazed,” Ms. Cote asked.

“I’m fine.  I was just confused by something,” he responded.

“Well, I’m sure I could tutor you a bit after school if you are not getting the material.  You could come by my house?”

“Thanks Ms. Cote, but I’m not missing the material.  It’s something else,” Derrick quickly grabbed his and made his way to the door.

“Well if you need anything, let me know...” his teacher called after him.

Derrick stepped outside and stared at the back’s of Ashley, Jessica, and Sarah as they made their back to main campus.  Had he actually seen what he thought he saw?  Was this what he thought?  Was that bug stuck in Ashley’s toes actually a person?  All he knew was that he needed to find out, and fast.