- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Marty hangs on tightly, hoping for his life to be saved, as Casey looks for him...

“Why me?” whimpered Marty as he was flung back down into the abyss that was Casey’s shoe when she’d decided to start walking around again.  This day was bad and getting worse for him.  Not only was he being unawarely toyed with by his goddess-stature wife, but he was injured and getting toyed with at the same time.  It wasn’t a very good combination, especially considering the circumstances and the fact that he, somehow, needed to get her attention.  His injury would make getting her attention before she kills him that much harder.

As she took her first step, Marty had been plunged into the darkness.  Luckily, however, the shock of his injury had made his fingers curl into tight fists.  As soon as he’d tumbled past the top of the shoe, he’d managed the grab onto her flesh, right above the tops of her toes.  The pain of his leg was also helping him in this scenario, providing something else to focus on, letting him not dwell on the intense heat that was being thrown down into him.  He needed a way out of this mess, but he would only get a chance to if he could hang on and do something when Casey decided to stop again. 

The ride, although quick, was rough on poor Marty.  With every step she took, the ability to keep the grip on her flesh became harder, and he had to keep his eyes shut the entire time.  With every lifting and lowering of that massive foot in the massive shoe, came an unfathomable migraine, and a tremor that made Marty feel like he was having a seizure.  The only thing keeping his grip on the foot during this pain and torture was hope.  Hope that she would stop soon and give him a chance to get out of that place, and someplace a little safer on her, if there was such a place.

A few dozen footfall experiences went by until Casey finally stopped walking.  High above him, she had waltzed back into nearly every room of the house, finally popping into the bedroom, hoping to find him in there.  Although she didn’t really know if he was there or not, she was getting more and more worried.  His disappearance was taxing on her being, and was headed towards the bedroom for another reason as well.  As she’d come in, she looked around the room, calling out her husband’s name.  “Marty?  Marty, please tell me you’re in here.  Please just…”

Casey had taken a pause in her statements as her chest expanded and retracted, a loud yawn coming from her lungs and mouth.  The whole experience had been tiring to her, physically and emotionally.  The fact that her husband was just ‘gone’ was insane to her.  She didn’t really know what to do.  She was standing right in front of their bed, adorned in a long, white comforter.  Without a second thought, her bottom had fallen back, landing on the bed.  As it did so, she started shifting herself, bringing her legs and feet up on the bed, slowly slipping them out of her shoes.

Marty was starting to lose his grip on Casey’s feet as she was yawning.  The heat was finally getting to him and he knew he would lose himself soon, tumbling down towards her toes, likely smashed with her next step.  At the last second, though, he saw light again.  The material of the shoe quickly left her foot, leaving Marty hanging off the top of it, now able to look and see the massive room around them.  He couldn’t see everything, but could definitely see the titanic leg of his wife.  He wasn’t sure if he should be glad or sad about this.  He could finally get a chance of getting her attention, but could also be knocked off and left in the room.  It was a risk.

Before he could guess as to what would happen, everything was moving again.  Holding his head down as tight as he could, he felt his world being pushed upwards.  The wind blew down on his leg and it felt like someone had just dropped a heavy box on it.  He screamed out in pain and immediately lost his grip, reaching down for his injury.  As a result, his body started tumbling downwards.  As he rolled, the pain only got worse, as did the vision of those gigantic toes coming closer and closer.  What would happen now?  Was this it?  Was this the end?

Luckily for Marty, luck was on his side, as it had mostly been for this entire adventure.  As the foot came up and over the top of the bed, he’d re-established his grip, right between Casey’s big and index toe.  It was a very bad place to be, but he would take it over the hundreds of feet of falling to the floor.  Hanging on as tight as he could, he felt the hurricane-like wind pushing down on him, trying its very hardest to throw him off.

Eventually, he did get thrown off.  As Casey rested her bare feet together, sole-up on the bed, Marty lost his grip and fell about 20 feet, only to land on the comforter, which was resting under her feet.  He rolled out of the way as those massive toes came down in front of him.  He held his hand over his heart as he stopped, looking at the 100 feet of foot that was now right in front of him.  He couldn’t believe he was still alive.  He couldn’t believe that he had survived that experience. 

Casey laid, belly-down on the bed, and let out a deep sigh.  His husband was nowhere to be found, though her thoughts were on the past as she softly spoke to herself.  “Oh, Marty…you always told me that I could find you in here.  I still remember the words you’d given me on one of the first days we’d been living together.  You said…’If you can’t find me, just wait in the bedroom, and I will come back to you’.  I hope it was right, Marty.  I know you haven’t been gone long, but I…I miss you.”

As Marty’s ears tried to deal with the booming sounds of Casey’s voice, her words started to empower him.  He had missed her, too, and knew that there was only one choice left.  As he looked, he limped his way over to the toes that had been torturing him, knowing that his only chance was to scale the bed as she was laying there, in the hopes of reaching her face and getting her to see him…  

Chapter End Notes:

As Marty begins his new task, will Casey stay on the bed long enough for him to reach her?