- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Casey finds something by her face on the bed and decides to investigate it further...

Casey’s dream had abruptly ended and she woke up.  However, she awoke to find something that she’d never expected to happen.  At first, she didn’t realize what had happened; only that she’d woken up.  As soon as her eyes had opened up, she felt the tears on her face and had worked to wipe them off.  Afterwards, though, she saw something on the bed, right in front of her right eye.  She blinked as she saw it.  She couldn’t quite tell what it was, at first.  It might have been some sort of bug, but as she looked more closely and her vision adjusted to being awake, she realized that it was something else entirely.

Marty had been incredibly happy when the pupil looked towards him, but was caught completely off-guard at the fact that she immediately blinked.  Being so close to her eye at the time, the two eyelids coming together brought forth a strong wind and blew him off his feet.  He yelped as he fell downward, not taking his eyes off his wife.  He started waving his arms as soon as he hit the ground, hoping that he could get her attention.  This was his chance.  He had to get her attention now, or he might not get another chance, at all.

As Casey eyed the tiny creature, she saw it falling over in front of her and waving around, what looked like arms at her.  Her eyebrow rose for a moment as she looked at it more, and more.  It had been bipedal just a moment ago and, although it was small, it didn’t look like it had 6 or more legs.  Was this thing a bug, or was it something else?  She had no idea, but the more she looked at it, the more she got some feeling of familiarity.  There was just something about this thing that seemed familiar to her. 

She quickly put her hand in front of this thing and let her fingers push down on the comforter.  Creating an incline, she watched it tumbling down into her palm, curious about whatever it was.  She held it close to her face, but she still couldn’t figure out what it was.  When it got close enough for her to see it better, it was too close and her vision was blurring it out.  It was still waving its arms at her, though, and wasn’t biting her.  Whatever it was, it didn’t seem like it wanted to bite her.

Getting up from the table, she walked out into the living room and grabbed a magnifying glass from the table, right next to her new equipment from the Nursing Office.  Standing next to the shelf where all of that equipment was, she held the magnifying glass overtop of her hand.  As her eye began to look down, through the magnifying glass, though, she got an immense realization that shook her very being.  Down in the middle of her palm was a humanoid figure, waving up at her.

Marty had a very rough ride, tumbling into Casey’s palm and trying to hold on as the wind blew against him when she was walking through the house.  He held on as tight as he could, only with the thoughts of letting her find him and realize it’s him in his mind.  As they got back to the living room, she’d grabbed a magnifying glass and that had brought his hopes up.  As the enormous glass figure came over him, he started waving his arms up at her, hoping that she would realize it.

Casey’s nerves had gone crazy and she got a strange feeling in her stomach as she saw that humanoid figure.  As she got the magnifying glass closer to her palm, however, she realized that it wasn’t just any humanoid figure.  Somehow, it was her husband, only he was less than an inch tall now.  She wasn’t sure how to handle this.  Seeing her husband smaller than the tips of her finger was a lot for her to take in.  She immediately dropped the magnifying glass, shattering it all over the ground.  Her eyes twitched as she looked down, trying to understand everything. 

She tried to maintain focus as she sat down on the couch, Marty in her palm and she stared at him for almost an hour.  She couldn’t imagine what he might have gone through, but the entire time, she thought she had an idea of how this may have happened to him.  She took deep breaths as she tried to cope with all of this.  When the hour of coping was over, she let her hand down on the coffee table and rolled him onto the table itself. 

After reaching the shelf again, she slowly picked up the small remote, a new device that the Nursing Department had gotten.  It enabled objects to be minimized and grown, for various uses.  He must have gotten caught in it somehow.  Either she’d accidentally activated it, or he had.  Picking it up in her hand, she switched around some settings and pointed it at the small speck on the table.  Within moments, a flash of light had engulfed the room and, on the table, was a normal-sized Marty. 

The two spouses jumped into each others arms, in tears, as they embraced.  Marty was crying and happy that his wife had found him.  “I’m sorry about everything and the way I was acting.  But I knew you would find me, Casey…I…I just knew it.”  Casey was crying the worst, as she saw the bruises all over his body and his clearly disfigured ankle.  She held him as tight as she could and spoke back to him.  “It’s okay, Baby.  I’m here, and I’m not going to let anything happen to you again.  Just…don’t ever scare me like that again!  I’ll be taking that device back to the school tomorrow and ripping it apart.  We need to get you fixed up, but…just hold me for a second.  I thought…you were gone.”

The two spouses held onto each other for the rest of the night, happy that they’d re-found each other, and Casey had dismantled the device given to the school, readying a report against it’s implementation.  The two of them then lived a very happy life, Marty constantly reminded of the important things in life and Casey reminded of how much she depends on his support…

Chapter End Notes:

THE END!