- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Marty heads towards Casey's face as she cries, aiming to wake her from her dream, if he can...

Marty knew there was only one thing he could do at this point.  He was rested and filled with energy, so he was hobbling down, past Casey’s forehead.  He was so close to her, and she was in tears, calling out for him.  Hearing her depressing and sad words, amplified to the point they’re at now, he knew that it was up to him.  He had to gain her attention.  He had to free her from the nightmare that was plaguing her mind.  He couldn’t let himself sit and rest, not while his wife was in pain.

Taking the initiative, he hobbled forwards, further and further, trying to keep his bad ankle off the ground as soon as possible.  He was dragging it a bit in his rush, which brought a good amount of pain into his system, but none of that mattered anymore.  He knew this was it.  This was his chance to get in contact with Casey.  She was troubled, and one of her eyes was right above the comforter material.  If he didn’t get to her now, he might never get to her.  He just had to figure out a way to get to her.

As he moved along her face, his hand brushed along the strands of hair that held were part of her eyebrow.  They were huge and thick.  The eyebrow itself was more like a forest to him, or at least almost like one.  Using both hands, he held onto a strand of hair from it for a moment, getting back a little strength he’d lost in his initial run.  The hair felt very strange, but it was a good support for him.  He was able to hold his bad leg completely in the air and not fall over.  He almost felt like staying there for awhile, were it not for the fact that Casey was in trouble, and only he could help her, assuming he could get her attention before she awoke from the nightmare and left.

He paced his breath, taking in deep breaths every once in awhile as he walked along Casey’s face, his left hand pushing against it, helping to support him.  There was a lot of crying that he’d let happen as he was trekking towards her face, but he couldn’t really help most of it.  He was injured and he was the size of a bug.  She was massive, goddess-like even, and there really wasn’t that much he could do but just continually walk and bring himself closer and closer to her.  He was definitely making progress, but as he passed the eyebrow, he found something he was not expecting.

Letting go of the flesh, reaching the eyelids, Marty had taken one step forward, his eyes on his wife’s giant face.  Not even thinking about what she’d been doing for the past good while, his good foot stepped right into a huge puddle of water.  Caught off-guard, he immediately slipped and fell into a small body of water, sliding right down into the bottom of her eyelid.  He gripped onto an eyelash as he pulled himself up.  Looking back, he was completely drenched in water.  He shook his head around as his clothes all felt a lot heavier.  He held tightly onto the eyelash as he took in a deep breath, trying not to fall back into that water that looked to be almost as deep as he was tall.

Getting too attached to the thought that it was almost over, Marty had forgotten about her crying, again.  As soon as he’d pulled himself up, the eyelash he hung onto was pushed to the side as more and more tears flew from her eyelid.  Tears almost as big as him pushed out and shoved him back down into the water.  He fell in with a splash and immediately got himself back up.  He let out a load of coughs as got out of that water, again.  His eyes stung for a moment as he shook his head, trying to get the tears out of his eyes. 

Looking back up, he threw himself forward, into her eyelid.  He knew that if she kept crying, the situation would only get worse.  He could only get her attention by assaulting her and making her feel his presence, as he hoped he had done earlier on her leg.  He bashed his body into her eyelid and, before another tear came out, he began pounding and pounding into it.  He knew eyelids were thin, much thinner and more sensitive than the legs, and he should have had a good chance of getting her to feel that pounding.

After a few seconds, another tear came forth and shoved him down into the water again, raising the level even higher, more than Marty could stand in.  As he surfaced, he began to tread water and watched her eye.  Only two things could have happened with this scenario.  His pounding would either wake her up, or the water could only continue to get higher for him and he’d need another plan.  He waited as he tried to swim back a little to get to ground again.    

As he was swimming back, he saw something move.  His eyes widened with a gleam of hope in them as he saw his wife’s eyelid twitching.  This could have been it.  As it twitched, her head scooted up a little, away from the puddle of tears.  Quickly making use of his arms, Marty swam over to the edge of the puddle and slowly walked himself up onto comforter again.  Getting himself in front of her eyelid, he stood the best he could and waited.  If what was about to happen is what he thought was about to happen, then he all of this could be over very soon.

Within moments, Casey’s eyelids sprung open.  As soon as he’d seen them, he wanted to start waving his hands in the air and calling to her.  Before he could, however, he saw the pupil of her eye.  It was looking forward, straight at him…

Chapter End Notes:

As the eye opens up and looks right at him, will Casey recognize him?