- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Marty is assaulted by Casey's hand, only to be brought to a new location...

Marty screamed as he fell loose and was tumbling straight for one of his wife’s fingers.  It was her thumb, and he was heading straight towards it.  His nerves were on Red Alert once again, and he soon found himself thrown into the finger.  He’d expected to be thrown or smashed for a quick death.  After a moment, however, he realized that he was far from dead.  He was alive, and could see an ever-changing environment in front of him.  He saw a hint of red on one of the two planes he was against and then realized what happened.  He, somehow, was wedged between Casey’s finger and fingernail.

There was, surprisingly, no wind in this place.  He could feel a force pushing him back, against the ‘wall’ he seemed to be attached to, and there was plenty of heat boiling his body up, but there was a surprising lack of wind and air in general inside her finger.  It was, actually, a little nice for a change.  He was still being pushed on his injury and that was sending a lot of pain through his body, but, for the moment, this ride was a little nice, or, at least, nicer than the last one had been.

It didn’t take long for Casey to finish her move.  In her sleep, she’d felt something on her upper leg, near her skirt.  Her hand had reached down to scratch at her leg and relieve the feeling of whatever it was down there.  She’d used those long, red nails of her to take care of it, incidentally picking up her tiny husband as well as she started moving her hands to a different position.  Placing them both on top of one another, she let her hands rest on the bed, about 6 inches in front of the top of her head. 

As the hands had come down onto the bed, Marty’s little Finger-Ride abruptly came to an end.  As soon as the impact with the bed occurred, everything bumped around inside of her finger and the force of the impact send Marty out of his wedged position and off her finger.  He fell nearly 20 feet until his body came down onto the bed.  He let out a soft, painful moan as he fell down, shaking his head.   As he hit the ground, he began rolling down the comforter on the bed, only to spot shortly after.  He was too tired and weak to move as he stopped.  From the moment he’d landed, his body shut down and he passed out.

As Marty’s body was regaining its strength, there was a lot going on in Casey’s mind.  Her eyes were shut tightly, and grew even tighter as time passed by.  Although they were both asleep, in a way, their torture was not planning on ceasing its activity, even for a second.   Casey’s mind was as active as it would be if she were awake as she was having a dream, or rather, a nightmare, about her husband and the fear of never seeing him again.  Her fists were clenching every few seconds, and whimpers were starting to come out of her as she kept dreaming, seemingly unable to wake up.

In Casey’s mind, she could see Marty right in front of her, and she reached for him as he smiled towards her.  “Marty!  I’ve been looking everywhere for you!  Where have you-“ She stopped in mid-sentence.  Marty looked at her for a moment and then began to look as if he were getting further and further away.  She reached for him, and even began to run towards him to find him, but he only got further and further away.  His form shrank, from her perspective and all she could do was start crying as she ran after him.  “No, don’t leave me!  I…I need you!  Don’t leave me behind, honey!  I…I wouldn’t be able to take it if I could never….never…”

Back in reality, Casey’s eyes started producing tears of her own and she started crying out to her husband.  “M-M-Marty…Marty, please don’t leave me.  Please, just let me see you again.  I…I don’t know where you are, and I miss you.  I…I…”  Tears were flowing down her face as her head was lying on its side, the tiny form of her husband resting just in front of her forehead.  She had no idea that he was so close to her.  She only saw him getting further and further away in her dream, and couldn’t wake up.  She was caught in a dream of torment and torture.  Torture that made her think that Marty was leaving, or was already gone.

The booming cries did not fall upon deaf ears, however.  As quickly as they’d left her mouth, the unconscious body of Marty shook from the sound-waves and sprung awake.  He gasped as he looked up, realizing he was still alive.  He wanted to figure out where he was, but he didn’t have to.  He could hear the flow of water nearby and, as he looked around him, everything became clear.  In the distance he could see Casey’s eyes and nose, not that far from his current position.  The jungle-like hair was right around her head, and he quickly realized that he was next to his wife’s forehead. 

Besides that, he could hear that deafening whimpering sound.  It was Casey, and she was crying.  He’d heard her crying out for him, and he knew all too well that she was in pain.  Getting to his feet, he knew what he had to do.  He knew that he had to do something about all of this and stop his wife from being in pain anymore.  His body was covered in bruised, but he hobbled himself forward, filled with energy and heading down towards her eyes, whispering to himself.  “Don’t worry, Casey…I’m coming!”   

Chapter End Notes:

As Casey has a nightmare, will Marty be able to reach her and wake her from it?