- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Marty stops to think about the bigger picture, that he's not the only one going through pain as he starts to climb up Casey's foot...

Things had been torture for Marty during this entire trip, but at the current moment, Marty had felt something else, something he hadn’t thought of since this entire adventure began.  From the moment this started, Marty was only concerned about his own safety and his own feelings about being minimized to this incredibly miniscule height.  He had been focusing on his feelings all day today, and he was starting to learn something from what Casey was doing.  He was starting to learn the life lesson that he was having thrown at him as he limped forward, approaching his wife’s colossal toes.

After Casey had laid herself on the bed, however, and used her booming voice to express herself on the matter, her words rang in his ears.  Everything she said was magnified to him, and he felt a jolt in his chest as he heard what she was saying.  She said she missed him and that she would wait there, hoping he would come back to her.  He stopped when he reached her toes and thought about what he’d just been told.  Her feelings were reaching him as tears began to form in his eyes.  He had been too caught up in his own sorrow that he’d never once thought of how Casey was feeling about this.

Jumping himself up with his good leg, he latched both arms around the tip of Casey’s pinky toe as he thought about the situation.  He could hear from above him that she had fallen asleep, the loud, beastly noise of her loud breathing, almost like snoring filling up his senses.  Slowly climbing up and sitting on top of her toe for a moment, he was thinking about the scenario, and the fact that Casey was suffering because of this as well saddened him. 

After shaking his head, he got up and took a semi-running jump and made it over to the ball of her foot.  The smell was all around him and threatened to suffocate him in it, but he stopped breathing through his nose, only focusing on how much Casey had to have been hurting at that moment.  He got a wave of confidence from her sorrow, and got the drive he needed.  He got the desire to help his wife feel better, and the only way to do that was to make her know that he was okay, that he had been near her this entire time.

Quickly using both of his hands, he started scaling the length of Casey’s foot, as it were a huge building with a built-in ladder.  He gripped the flesh in various places, mostly her wrinkles, and made a path for himself.  Fortunately, he remembered that she was a very calm sleeper.  She didn’t roll around, she didn’t toss and turn, or any other normal behavior that would instantly send him to his doom.  He just had to be vigilant and he would be up at her face in no time at all.  That’s what he told himself, at least.  After all, there’s no easy way to realistically convince yourself it will be easy to climb up something that is, seemingly, over a thousand feet in height that could wake and move at any given time.

This venture would normally make Marty think he’d bit off more than he could chew.  Casey’s foot was easily a couple hundred feet, on its own, let alone the rest of her body.  He was a good climber, but this was almost just ridiculous.  He had thought of just running up the bed spread to her face, but figured that would do more harm than good.  If the stepping of her foot earlier had sent him flying, he could only imagine the hurricane-like winds that her breathing as she slept would produce, not to mention the chance that she would accidentally breathe him in as he traveled up to her.  The last thing he needed was to become part of her mucus or her diet right at the end of being able to contact her.

The man was starting to sweat, a lot, as he made it halfway up her foot.  The heat from her body definitely was not helping him in this venture, nor was having to only breathe through his mouth to avoid the overwhelming smell that her feet were producing.  Still, he continued onward until he finally got to where her sole connected to her heel.  Her wrinkles were tighter here and, among the leathery flesh, he just wanted to slip down in between a couple wrinkles and take a nap.  He was worn out, and there was no way he could make it all the way up her body without taking a few breathers. 

As he was about to find a place to nap, though, he heard a whimper boom down from far ahead of him.  He immediately woke himself up, a chill filling his body.  Was she waking up?  Already?  Marty started getting nervous and, with a new wave of energy in his veins, scrambled his way up, making it to the top of her foot, or rather, the back of it.  The idea of her waking up and moving already was scaring him, and he’d gotten enough energy and motivation that he’d made it all the way to the top of her heel. 

As he got to the top of the heel, he could feel the flesh getting a little more rough, or flaky.  Her heels were far from perfect, and he could tell they felt a little different than the rest of her foot did.  As he looked over the edge, though, down at her long, infinite legs, he dropped his face into the hell, letting out a soft grunt.  “I…I’ve got to stop for a little while.  I can’t do this forever…I want to get her attention but I…I…AAHH!” 

Taking Marty off-guard, Casey’s foot rubbed against the bed for a moment.  Not finding anything to hold onto, he was immediately moved, rolling down the back of her leg…

Chapter End Notes:

As Marty starts tumbling down Casey's leg, will he fall off, or will he land safely and save himself some climbing?