[Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-starPrinter
Summary:

The Life of a Giant is very difficult. Join Valerie Bradson, Lorraine Pruess, Jennifer Stark, and Trent Berlinger as they try to live a normal life among normal sized people.

EDIT (Mon April 16) Spacing of the text has been fixed so it's not so...spacious between paragraphs.


Rated: PG
Categories: Giantess, Gentle, Giant Characters: None
Growth: Giga (1 mi. to 100 mi.)
Shrink: None
Size Roles: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: No
Word count: 29410 Read: 80938
Published: January 17 2012 Updated: April 15 2012

1. Giants in Tectelphia by KevinFred342 [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (2261 words)

2. Raymond and Valerie Bradson by KevinFred342 [Reviews - 0] (1639 words)

3. Lorraine in the City by KevinFred342 [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (2092 words)

4. At Trent's House by KevinFred342 [Reviews - 0] (1974 words)

5. The Giant Relations Person by KevinFred342 [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (1524 words)

 

The Giant Relations Person sat in her office, working on her computer.

 

Computers were a challenge to build at giant size, but necessary. The internet was a giant's best friend, allowing them to communicate and interact with the normal sized world that had never before been possible. And anything that could allow that was grand in the eyes of Jennifer Stark, who had met all kinds of reactions from government officials that she'd met. It was kind of funny. She remembered seeing campaign from some of them, showing how tough they'd be in office or whatever, yet, the moment they laid an eye on her in person, some of them, quite literally, screamed like a little girl. Some of them just ran like mad, some of them tried to hide, some of them actually got down on their knees and begged. That last one was the most awkward and embarrassing to work with. One man had actually offered to make her his goddess if she just let him life. At each of these moments, Jennifer had to wait for them to recollect themselves until they were sane enough for her to speak to and tell them that she wasn't going to hurt them.

 

Jennifer's occupation was simple, in concept, though, while much harder in practice. If you were a normal sized man and giants were causing trouble? You talked to Jennifer Stark. If you needed to alert the giant people, you told Jennifer Stark. If you had any concerns about giant people, you talked to Jennifer Stark. If you were a giant who was acting up, you dealt with Jennifer Stark. If you continued to act up, you then dealt with Garth Brokers. What had began as a simple job to communicate better with the normal sized people had become her becoming the leader and the law of the giant people. Some giants, like Lorraine, didn't really see the need for that nor understood why Jennifer even deserved the position. Most, however, accepted her. The giants had never really been organized with real structure before, and that was something that Jennifer brought. She introduced some ways to teach giant children how to navigate through cities and buildings, implemented rule, and established Garth, the Metal Man, as the enforcer of the rules. Thanks to Jennifer, damages caused by giants had gone down drastically, and relations between giant and normal improved greatly.

 

Garth was especially useful. While Jennifer couldn't go everywhere, like across oceans, Garth could and faster than most. He had been rebuilt with hovering technology and was capable of flying high speeds. He was able to spread her rule over continents and anywhere. Jennifer had gotten other giants from other nations to begin to work under her, so that when she needed a message sent, she had French assistants able to communicate to French giants and so on. All of them reported back to her and let her know if anything needed to be done or if any giant was acting up. So far, aside from the occasional stumble, things had gone very well with little damage.

 

A sound emitted and Jennifer looked up from her work. She spotted Garth Brokers flying up towards her.

 

“Well, hello Garth,” She greeted him.

 

“Morning,” He replied. “Just here to punch in.”

 

“Good, good,” Jennifer replied, going back to her work.

 

Garth went over and punched in and then came flying back.

 

“Lorraine's in the city today,” He reported. “I also saw Valerie and Trent walking towards the city too. It looks like all three of them have plans in Tectelphia today.”

 

“Well, as long as they don't cause trouble, then they're allowed to be in the city.” Jennifer replied, not looking up.

 

She wasn't too worried about them all being in the city. Valerie and Trent knew how to behave and very rarely caused problems. Valerie she had only had to deal with once, and Trent only twice. Lorraine, on the hand, was the problem child. She did a lot of little things mostly. She was careless. She broke things, scared the general population, and was just more of a nuisance. Jennifer had lost count of how many times she had Lorraine Pruess in her office, and the two of them argued frequently. Lorraine frequently questioned why Jennifer was the 'boss lady' and often appealed to the fact that she, Jennifer, must have had her share of accidents and therefore had no right to get onto her. Jennifer would then reply, again, that she had earned her position as the Giant Relations Person, and that her performance as a well-behaved giant was not the issue, they were talking about Lorraine Pruess, not Jennifer Stark. She was a trouble maker, and she gave Jennifer migraines.

 

“Any trouble going on the political front?” Garth asked.

 

“Well, Beckard is still speaking out,” Jennifer replied. “But, he's not really causing any trouble for now.”

 

George Beckard was a Texas Senator in congress, and an outspoken Anti-Giant lobbyist. He called all giants a menace, pointing out at damages they've caused, the threat they posed. 'What if they decided to attack?' he would ask. 'What are we all gonna do then?' Of course, Jennifer had assured him and several others that no such attack was being planned and that no giant had EVER attacked a normal sized population, despite popular myth and legend. He had gained supporters, but, fortunately, for the time being, he wasn't causing major issues. Raymond refused to take him seriously at all, referring to him as that 'fat country bumpkin'. Valerie had written to him, trying to change his mind, but got no response. The man claimed that he was protecting the general population from the giants, but, having spoke to him a few times, Jennifer had a sense that there was something else at work. Something else causing his dislike for the giant people, though she couldn't place her finger on it.

 

“That ol' farmboy?” Garth asked, gruffily. “Hah! He's only where he is today cause his father was a rich oilman.”

 

“Maybe so,” Jennifer replied. “But, regardless of how he got there, he's still a senator. So, we need to make sure that he doesn't cause any problems.”

 

“Yeah, yeah,” Garth nodded. “As long as he doesn't try anything smart. I don't trust people like him. He may sound like a hillbilly, but he's actually got a brain. Never know what he's up to.”

 

“Well, only way to find out.” The Giant Relations Person said. “Wait and see and try to be ready for it.”

 

“Yeah.” Garth replied simply. “I'll be off. I gotta a city to patrol.”

 

“Take care,” Jennifer replied as Garth flew out of the office.

 

The Giant Relations Person checked her calendar. Later today, she was scheduled to met with Terry Trayor, mayor of Tectelphia. It probably wouldn't be a fun meeting. Trayor was immensely afraid of her, often attempting to send secretaries and interns out to deal with her. Unfortunately for him, none of them were willing to see her themselves, and he would eventually be forced to go out there and see her personally. He would often agree with everything Jennifer said, though she was sure he was barely listening to half of it, as if he was willing to do anything to be set free. It was difficult to work with him. Beckard may be an enemy, but at least he had one redeeming quality, he wasn't afraid of the giants. He was one of the few normal sized people that Jennifer could have an actual conversation with.

 

All the fear of the giant people...it was why Jennifer had become what she was today. It started off with a simple wish, that people, of any size, could get along. Like all of the giants, she didn't like people being afraid of her and being separated from other human beings. So, she tried to reach out, she tried to speak to people. She paid attention to every incident that occurred that involved giant people and she would then contact those involved and try to settle things. Eventually, word around the Government that one of the giants was actively working with them spread, and some important people began to make regular contact with Jennifer. She began to discuss with them, through E-mails, and eventually, worked up enough trust to meet with them personally. The Government began to see her as someone that they could use to communicate with the giant people, and many officials, even the president himself, stayed in touch with her. All of this built up and Jennifer eventually began calling herself the Giant Relations Person. She had noticed there was little organization among the giant people and saw to it that there was, and, for the most part, things had been better because of her, so many giants, while intimidated by her, were grateful for what she had done.

 

She went back to work, continuing undisturbed for quite sometime. A few hours later, she would get a call on her special one way phone (something that no other giant had). It would be from the Tectelphia News Station...

6. At the Baseball Game by KevinFred342 [Reviews - 0] (2648 words)

7. A Blind Musician by KevinFred342 [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (1712 words)

8. The Plight of Mayor Trayor by KevinFred342 [Reviews - 0] (3016 words)

9. Lorraine Vs. Jennifer by KevinFred342 [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (2530 words)

10. A Song in the Park by KevinFred342 [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (1647 words)

11. The Leading Senator by KevinFred342 [Reviews - 1] starstarhalf-star (2152 words)

12. Nautical Nonsense by KevinFred342 [Reviews - 0] (2294 words)

13. Working Relations by KevinFred342 [Reviews - 0] (1974 words)

14. A Rich Eccentric by KevinFred342 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (1947 words)