- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The phrase "Castelluci family" is the intellectual property of Asukafan2001. And, I use it in this chapter only for dramatic purposes and with the humblest respect.
* * * * *
ROOM 658, MOTEL SIX
VENICE BEACH, CALIF.
MAY 20, 2009
(1:30 P.M./PST)


MELISSA BELMONDO'S P.O.V.

The shaking and swaying had finally stopped. Which meant that our captor had finally reached his destination.
Sure enough; the bag we were in swayed only once more. This time, in accompaniment with the opening and closing of a door. After that, we were placed on some kind of smooth, cold surface while the bag collapsed on top of us like a hot air balloon with all the air sucked out of it.

Then, the bag opened up and a humongous left hand reached in. Grabbing up Hana Nozama, first; followed by yours truly.

It wasn't until that moment that I got a good look at his face. He was obviously Oriental. But, definitely _not_ Japanese, despite his evident fluency in the language. I mentally guessed either North or South Korean. In his early sixties, at least. Yet, definitely _not_ someone to be underestimated in hand-to-hand combat!

After memorizing his facial features, I looked at our surroundings. And, I immediately got goose bumps. Because Nozama and I were standing on a bathroom sink...just above a toilet bowl with the seat up!

He grinned as he saw that realization hit both of us. He then held up what I would have once described as a "small" metallic object in his right hand.

"Recognize this?" he asked Nozama: "You should, muhon-nin. It is a chrome toenail clipper. And, I am going to use it on you! I am going to ask, again, where Okada Takeo is. If you refuse to answer? I clip off the little toe of your left foot! And, if at the end of---ten toes---I still do not have a satisfactory answer from you? I will flush you down this toilet and begin to question your 'leetle friend.' "

He uttered those last two words in an unsuccessful attempt to sound like Al Pacino from SCARFACE. But, I could tell he wasn't kidding...and so could Nozama. Because, she immediately bolted in panic. Aiming to kill herself instantly by a swan dive to the bathroom floor!

But, even as she leaped off the counter top, the Korean's left hand intercepted her with very little effort.

"A brave attempt, little one. You will not deny me satisfaction, however."

Whereupon, he held her upside down, by her ankles, as he deftly used the toenail clipper to remove each of her shrunken shoes. Then, he raised her up a little higher (although, still upside-down).

"What have you done with Okada Takeo?"

"I shrank him!" she yelled up to him, defiantly: "Alright? I shrank the arrogant little bastard to an even smaller size. And, then, I sold him to a hotel in the Bahamas."

"Which hotel?" the Korean demanded.

"The Hotel Lilliput on Paraside Island. It's a money-laundering front for the Castelluci family in Miami. And, shrinkies like Takeo-ko fetch big money, there.* As living dildos!"

The Korean glowered when he heard this. Yet, he also half-smiled...with grudging admiration.

"For someone in your current situation, you have courage worthy of a samurai, addressing me so."

"You're going to kill me when you're done interrogating me, anyway," Nozama retorted: "And, then, you'll kill her because she's a witness! So, why give you the satisfaction of prolonging our agony by being tight-lipped?"

"Because I need you alive!" exclaimed a new (and decidely female) voice: "To help me identify Okada-san's new 'owner.' "

My head whipped around to my right, and the Korean's to his left, as the owner of that voice literally rose into view.

"Konichiwa, Sofu-san?"

tbc
Chapter End Notes:
* Takeo-ko: literally "Little Takeo" in Japanese.

"Konichiwa, Sofu-san?" ("How are you doing, Grandfather?")