- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Abby rushes and tries to get into the house as Fran takes Jim off to make him express his love to her...

Abby had been looking around the Large district for a few minutes before she saw what looked like Fran’s house.  She had only really been there once, so she couldn’t be entirely sure.  As she looked at the house, she noticed that the door had been left wide open.  She took this opportunity to begin crossing the screen and going towards the house.  As she got about halfway across the street she stopped as she saw someone walk in front of the doorway.  Not only someone, but it was Fran.

As she saw her, she tried to call out to her, to which she received no reply.  Fran seemed to be yelling at something she was holding in her hand.  Abby could vaguely make out her words from the street.  Something about…love?  She tried to listen more carefully, and made out the last statement.   ‘You will love me whether you like it or not’.  Abby looked closer at Fran’s hand and realized she was yelling at Jim, who was being tightly gripped in her hand. 

Abby started moving again as soon as she’d heard a tiny scream coming from across the street.  Although Minors were small compared to her, she had an excellent sense of hearing.  The sound of Jim’s painful scream sent chills through Abby’s body.  She immediately started sprinting across the street, aiming to get into the house before Fran could hurt Jim.  Her efforts, however, were thwarted.  As soon as she reached the porch, the door slammed shut and a small clicking noise could be heard as Fran locked the door, walking off with Jim.

Running up and into the door, Abby started banging on it, yelling in at Fran, trying to get her attention.  She knew that Fran must have been very upset with Jim, and she needed to make sure he didn’t get hurt by her.  “FRAN!  FRAN!  It’s me, Abby!  Please, open the door!  FRAN!” 

Many moments went by, to which Abby got no answer.  From the moment she started calling in, Fran had left the area, only concerned with what she had planned for her tiny friend.  Abby, realizing that Fran wasn’t going to let her in, started sweating and feeling nervous.  She knew the situation had just gotten a lot more complicated.  She was on the clock with no way into the house.  It was only a matter of time before Fran’s rage swelled enough to hurt Jim and she had to make sure she could get inside and stop her before that happened.

Frantically looking around, she looked under anything she could find for a spare key.  She looked inside the mailbox, under the door mats, on the windows, and many other places.  When she found no key, her arms started shaking as she realized how much time she’d just wasted.  “Okay, Abby…you can do this.  You can get in there and save him.  You just have to be able to get in there....”  Frantically thinking, she found only one solution coming to her mind as she stared at the door.  She took a deep breath and then started ramming her body into the door, trying to break it down.

Jim was going through a lot of pain from Fran’s grip.  Her pinky finger was tightly putting pressure on his broken leg, which sent a piercing pain throughout his body for him to deal with, along with the pressure of her grip.  Everything felt like it was about to explode as he screamed and began to tear up.  Fran was being incredibly forceful with him and acted like she was trying to hurt him to get him to love her.  It was a lot for him to bear, and he didn’t know how long his body would last under this much pressure.

Beyond the pressure, he could hear the echo-like pounding on the door and a familiar voice screaming in through the door as Fran continued to walk away from the door.  His scream stopped for a moment as he recognized the voice.  It was Abby, and she was yelling at Fran to open the door.  What was Abby doing here?  Had she somehow figured out what had happened, and that Fran had kidnapped him?  Regardless of the reason, he let out a whimpered cry upon hearing the voice of his gentle friend.

“A-Abby!  H-Help me!”

Fran heard Jim’s reply and immediately  tightened the grip she had on him for a moment, bringing in more pain to Jim’s body.  He cut his own plea off and screamed as he felt his body being pushed against.  Although Fran wasn’t doing any permanent damage, like broken bones, it still hurt Jim like nothing he’d felt before.  As he screamed, Fran called down to him, more upset than she’d been before.

“No one is coming to rescue you, Jim.  You are mine now, and you will learn to love me again!”

The girl then continued walking through the house, faster than before, completely ignoring the loud poundings on the front door as Abby struggled to break down the door.  Making her way into her bedroom, she sat down on the bed, legs stretched out towards the end of it.  She set Jim down between her legs as she removed her jacket, throwing it to the side.  Looking back down, she called down to Jim, who was sitting down, looking up at her.  She could tell he was frightened, but her rage was still in control, and she couldn’t care less.

“Jim, you listen to me, and listen well.  I love you with all my heart.  I would do anything for you, but what you’ve done to me today is inexcusable.  You loved on my feet, but then immediately started loving and even laid on some strange girl’s feet after she kidnapped you?!  Do you have any idea how much that hurts me?  You’re all I’d ever need, but I can’t let you go out and betray me like this every time you find another woman!”

She then reached down with her hand and gripped Jim’s body, slightly raising it into the air.  At about 10 feet off the ground, she called down to him again.  “I want to hear you tell me you will love me and only me.  I am your world now.  You will love me, and you will like i-OUCH!!!!”

Jim had taken enough of the torture.  He was in so much physical and mental pain from how Fran had been treating him.  Emotions were swirling around in his head and he knew one thing, he had to get out of this mess.  If he stayed with Fran, he would only upset her further and likely get himself killed.  Finally fed up with everything, he used as much strength as he could and bit down on Fran’s thumb.

Fran, feeling the stinging of the biting, immediately threw her hand around, loosening her grip on Jim and incidentally tossing him down to the edge of the bed.  She immediately pulled her hand up to her mouth and started sucking on her thumb where she’d been bitten.  Making slight whimpering noises, she tried to easy the pain she was experiencing, not seeing it coming.  By the time she took her thumb back out, she vaguely heard a loud crash from elsewhere in that house and noticed that Jim was nowhere in sight. 

Finding no place else to turn, Jim had immediately pulled himself up after the impact from being tosses into the giant, soft comforter.  There was a long string on the side of the sheets that lowered all the way to the ground.  Taking the initiative and the distraction his bite had made for him, he grabbed the rope-like string and slid down to the floor.  His hands felt a burning sensation from the friction of the tiny string, a rope compared to him.  As he reached the bottom, he fell on his butt, only to see Fran’s face looking down from above.  His body went cold as she called down to him.

“Jim!  What are you doing?  Why did you bite me?!”

Jim, knowing his situation was grim anyways, uncontrollable started screaming up to the girl, speaking everything that was on his mind at that moment, whether it was actually true or not.

“FRAN!  I’m sorry, but I can’t love you!  You showed yourself as a kind, young lady earlier today, but all I did was lay on that girl’s ankle and you completely changed!  You’re been nothing but mean, selfish, and violent tonight!  You say you love me and want my love, but you use force and manipulation to achieve that goal!  If you truly loved me, you would trust me and calmly have asked me about why I was on that girl’s ankle.  But you didn’t!  You assumed the worst and assumed that I had betrayed you!  I could NEVER love a woman like you!  I’m sorry, but I’m leaving!”

Jim then began to hobble away, his face red from what had just happened with him.  Unknown to him, Fran’s face was also going red.  Hearing everything that Jim had just told her was the last ounce of strength left to flip that little switch in her head.  Within that instant, her rage swelled further than she ever thought was possible and she snapped.  Jim not only didn’t love her, but he claimed that she didn’t love him and that he could never love her.  How could he do such a thing?

Filling with rage, Fran pushed herself from the bed and slammed her feet into the ground, just in front of Jim’s hobbling body.  The force from her footfall shook the ground and blew Jim off his feet.  He looked up at her, his entire body shivering from the sight of her.  When he saw her eyes, all the way up there, he could see it.  There was no longer a spark in her eyes.  There was a flame.  A flame that burned brightly and was glaring down at him.  He filled up with fear as what he’d just done.  In telling his current feelings, he’d just set off a bomb.

“How DARE you reject me, Jim!  I do so much for you, and you will never be able to love me?!  NEVER?!  I won’t allow you to say such things!  I won’t allow such denial to go by unpunished!  You’re breaking me apart, and if I can’t obtain your love, then I will just have to return the favor, you ungrateful worm!”

Fran then rose her foot into the air and hovered it over Jim’s body.  Jim froze in fear as he saw her enormous foot now hovering over him, as if threatening him.  He was getting very scared and wanted to move, but couldn’t.  He screamed up, trying to apologize, but it was too late.  Fran was no longer there.  All he screamed to was the rage and jealousy that had filled up her mind. 

“Jim, if you won’t love me now, then I’m going to have to hurt you until you do!”

Fran then shoved down with her foot with as much force as she could muster, enraged at Jim’s actions.  Jim screamed and cowered as he saw it descending towards him, afraid of her.  Many moments went by with no feeling of being stomped by Fran.  Jim looked up to see….

 

Chapter End Notes:

Why was there a delay in Fran's footfall?  What's happening?