- Text Size +

The day passed quickly and Johnny slipped into a happiness-induced daze. While the previously bright blue sky grew darker from an incoming storm, his emotions never dropped a moment. He almost immediately lost track of his friends after lunch, but they'd be there for him tomorrow no matter how bad the weather got.

Quickly as the day passed, Johnny felt it could have gone by faster as he ran towards the designated meeting spot. Harsh winds were blowing, as distant lightning and thunder preceded what was sure to be a terrible storm. Not even this could darken his sunny disposition though, as he began waiting for Elizabeth, a full half hour before he had to.

The few remaining people dissipated within that half hour, until Johnny sat on a table alone. Droplets of rain quickly gave way to a downpour. Still, Johnny endured it with a great smile, waiting for Elizabeth.

A light tap on the shoulder brought Johnny's attention as he turned around to see Elizabeth standing behind him, holding a frying pan over her head to stave off the rain.

He smiled at her.

She smiled back.

And Johnny, so overcome with emotion, promptly passed out.

-

A resounding rumble stirred Johnny back into consciousness.

He slowly opened his eyes, trying to remember where he was, and why he had fallen unconscious. Another rumble shook the ground beneath him, and everything came back to him.

Jumping to his feet, he took in his surroundings nervously, not recognizing the place immediately. He wasn't outside anymore, the floor was wooden so he  had definitely moved someplace indoors. It didn't look like a hospital, nor his own home, and he couldn't think of any other place he should be after he had passed out.

A dark shadow suddenly appeared over his head, and grew darker very quickly, before the source of it appeared and slammed onto the floor. An old canvas shoe, monstrous in proportion had nearly fallen on him.

Heart racing, Johnny followed the shoe up and nearly fainted upon seeing it wasn't just an oversized decoration, but attached to a leg of equally monstrous proportions. Fears confirmed, he jerked his head upward, and saw it was Elizabeth who had nearly crushed him beneath her shoe.

She smiled down at him, but it was not the smile he had grown accustomed to since that morning. It was an amused smile, one that showed little regard for his well being, and the death she had nearly brought upon him.

"E-ELIZABETH!" Johnny screamed up in worry, hoping he was just imagining the cause of her smile.

Her slight grin turned sour at his voice.

"HELP! I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, BUT... WELL LOOK!" Johnny shouted upwards as he felt himself losing coherency trying to formulate his thoughts.

"Don't call me that." was her only response, though it was much louder and had a slight echo to Johnny's ears.

"DON'T-DON'T CALL YOU WHAT? ELIZABETH?" Johnny yelled in response.

Her sour grin turned into a frown, as she lifted her right foot from the floor, and positioned it over Johnny's tiny body. Much as she wanted to grind him into the nothingness he deserved to be, she waited until he was just out of her shadow before slamming her foot down with all the strength she could muster.

"DON'T. CALL. ME. ELIZABETH. OR ELLY. OR BETH. OR LIZA, OR ELIZA, OR ANYTHING." She screamed at Johnny.

Johnny's heart was racing now. Something was wrong, this wasn't the girl he knew. She would never yell at him like this. She would never...

"Do you understand?" She asked sternly, interrupting Johnny's train of thought.

"Y-YES!" he shouted up.

"Good. Now I'm sure you'd like some explanation, am I correct?" She asked.

Johnny nodded his head as he gulped audible.

"Hmph. Though you don't deserve it, I feel there's a certain... excitement! To letting one know their fate, particularly when it's unavoidable, and will last quite a while." She said, her frown gradually changing back into a smile.

A small chill ran down Johnny's back at her words.

"Well, you're shrunk. And so were your two friends." She began. "I had planned on bringing them here and showing you what will await you if you don't do as I say, but one of them attempted a little escape on me, and had to be taken care of."

Grin turning into a vicious smile, she lifted up her left Converse sneaker, and Johnny felt his blood turn to ice as a sticky mess of blood and viscera separated itself from the shoe and floor. Bile rose in his throat at the sight of the clean sole stained deep red, and he looked up fearfully.

"Hmm, what was his name? Adam? Or maybe it was Avan?"

Johnny felt his stomach drop at her words. One of his closest friends, wiped out like he was nothing. All the time they had spent together, and he was gone. Never to be given a proper burial, not even around to have a chance of rescue from one of his friends.

Johnny wanted to vomit. Johnny wanted to mourn. Johnny wanted to get out of here. Johnny felt as though the world around him were going black, and he was hoping he'd just pass out, and everything would be back to normal upon reawakening.

"Also refused to call me Goddess Eliza." She said, far above Johnny.

Tears in his eyes, Johnny looked up, afraid of what she'd do if he didn't look at her as she addressed him.

"And if you hope for even the slightest bit of mercy, you'd do well to learn from his mistakes." She said, smiling expectantly.

"YES GODDESS ELIZA!." Johnny squeaked out, as her powerful stare subdued him alone.

"Ah, that's much better. I do so love being called that. Not cause I believe myself to be one, not at all. I'm mostly a normal human, after all. But even that, a 100% normal human is leagues and miles more powerful in every conceivable way than someone like you could ever be. With just a step, I was able to crush one of you. Your life ended beneath my sneaker, and it felt grand." Eliza said, savoring the memory as she twisted her foot into the floor again.

"And then, forcing you to refer to me as a deity, despite what I have done, and will do." Eliza began, trailing off. "Showing humility to someone who would never hesitate to take your life. Respecting the person who can, and has no problem with making you suffer a lifetime. Just makes it all worth it."

Johnny stared up, blinking away the moisture in his eyes. He found what she said hard to take in all at once, and didn't want to believe any of it to be true.

"Mm. Right, About that explanation." Eliza began, sitting down on the edge of her bed, right above where Johnny stood. "Well, it's really simple, only worth going into for what it'll do to your fragile little psyche." She said in a sing-songy voice.

"A general overview first. Yes, it was me that shrunk you, yes it was intentional, no I don't plan on undoing it, and yes I've done it before. But why? Lots of reasons, most of them being that I, well I just don't like you too much." Eliza said slowly, lips curling into a grin at the end of the sentence.

Though he didn't feel as though his mood could sink any lower, Eliza's words did the trick wonderfully. There was almost no contact between them for all those years, and after a mere couple of meetings, she was ready to be rid of him forever.

"I really do LOVE your pained reactions to all of this." Eliza taunted. "Before I continue, I'll need something to make explaining things I shouldn't have to more fun."

Standing from the bed, Eliza walked just out of Johnny's sight and returned with a ring box. Johnny's blood ran cold as he had a bad feeling about the contents of the box. Eliza continued to approach until she was directly above him again, where she bent over, and opened the ring box, spilling its contents onto the floor.

"Two and a half inches by two and a half inches, it's the perfect size for you guys, if you were something actually worth displaying." She said as a body tumbled out of the box and onto the hardwood floor between her feet. "By the way here's the other idiot who gave you the bright idea of asking me out."

Shawn looked to be barely conscious, lying on the floor, his only visible movement being his breathing.

"Anyway, as I was saying." Eliza began once more as she sat down on the edge of the bed, and bent over, unlacing her shoes slowly for dramatic effect. "So I've had this ability for quite awhile now, I've also got another that I'll go into in a few minutes when you've outlived your usefulness."