- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Just a bit of fan fiction for my favourite show one piece :)

This is set after the two year time skip so if you haven't reached that part yet don't read because there may be spoilers.

 

Author's Chapter Notes:

I decided to create an introduction describing the characters and the general plot of one piece for those of you who want to read the story but dont watch One Piece. For those of you who do watch one piece, you can skip to the next chapter.

One Piece is set in a fictional world. In this world there is a type of fruit called the devils fruit. When eaten, these fruits give the user a special ability. For example, if someone eats the fire fire fruit, their body can turn to fire. There are three types of devils fruit:

-Paramecia fruit: The most common of the three classes, users of Paramecia Devil Fruits gain superhuman physical abilities or powers. Other users can alter features of their bodies or their environment. Finally, there are some users than can manipulate and generate some kinds of substances (e.g. poison)

-Zoan: The users of Zoan class Devil Fruits gains the ability to transform into an animal (and acquire every ability affiliated with said animal). The user can also transform into a human-beast hybrid form. There are Zoan Devil Fruits not only for common animals, but for prehistoric or ancient animals and mythological creatures as well (ancient and mythological are more rare, with mythical said to be rarer than some Logia Devil Fruits).

-The rarest of the three classes, users of Logia Devil Fruits gain the ability to transform themselves into an element making them intangible or indestructible). They also gain every ability related to that element and gain the skill to disperse, control and rejoin any part of their bodies while conscious and in control of their powers (including explosions, bullet wounds or cuts). Logia users can move every part of their transformed bodies while in element form.

However, with this new power comes a weakness: the sea rejects the new Devil Fruit user and they become helpless while submerged in water.


Some logia fruits can seem indestructable. For example, one of the Admirals of the navy has eaten the magma fruit. This means that attacking him in his magma form can mean certain death. There is only one way to effectively attack people like this, that is with haki. Like devils fruits, there are three types of haki:

-Observation haki: also known as Mantra on Skypiea, is a form of Haki that allows the user to sense the presence of others, even if they are concealed from view or too far to see naturally. With enough skill, one can use this haki to predict an opponent's moves shortly before they make them, thereby making the attack that much easier to evade. This type of haki is inside everyone, it just needs to be awakened.

-Armament haki: allows the user to create a force similar to an invisible armor around themselves. This allows the user to defend against attacks that would otherwise cause them harm. Only significant physical force can overcome this defense. Naturally this invisible armor can be used as a weapon to strike others with. It can be used to augment the user's own attacks, projected ahead of the user as pure brute force, or imbued in weapons to increase their effectiveness. Any attack enhanced by Armament Haki hits immensely harder than it would normally be without it. It is this type of haki that allows users to hit through logia fruit users such as the admiral with the magma fruit mentioned above. This type of haki is also inside everyone and needs to be awakened.

- Conqueror's haki: is a rare form of Haki that cannot be attained through training and only one in a million people carry it. This type of Haki grants the user the ability to dominate the wills of others. The most common usage in the series so far is knocking those with weak wills unconscious. Whilst inexperienced users are restricted to merely overpowering the will of one individual or blindly knocking out weak-willed people around them, those with more expertise can pick out weak-willed individuals in a large group and knock them out without affecting those around them.

-------------------------------------------The Plot----------------------------------------------

The story: About 20 years ago the pirate king Gol D Roger was sentanced to death. his dying words were "My treasure? If you want it, you can have it! I left it all at that place!" This sent countless people to sea and thus the pirate era began. One boy, Monkey D Luffy was inspired to become a pirate after meeting another pirate named Shanks, who saved his life when he was a child. Making friends along the way he plans to become the pirate king.
The sea is seperated into two sections: the grand line, and the new world. The grand line is where all of the pirates' adventures begin. The second half is called the new world. Many pirates' dreams have been destroyed in the new world as greater challenges await there.

-------------------------------------Character Descriptions------------------------------------

I'm only going to describe the characters mentioned in the story.

Monkey D Luffy



Background: He was raised by a mountain bandit called DanDan as his father is part of a rebellion against the navy and his grandfather is a Navy fleet admiral and therefore didn't have the time to take care of him. He was inspired to become a pirate after being saved by a pirate called Shanks. The strawhat he wears belongs to Shanks. He promised to one day return it to him as a powerful pirate.

Roronoa Zoro



Background: Roronoa Zoro is a pirate, former bounty hunter, and one of the main protagonists of One Piece. He is the first member to join the Straw Hat Pirates and to date is considered the largest threat and most dangerous member in the crew after Luffy. His fame as a master swordsman and his great strength, along with the actions of his captain, sometimes leads others to believe that he must be the true captain and is widely thought to be the first mate by those outside the crew. He is one of the top three fighters in the crew, and his dream is to become the greatest swordsman in the world.

"Cat Burglar" Nami



Background: Nami is a pirate and the navigator of the Straw Hat Pirates. She is officially the third member of the crew after defeating Arlong, and the second to join. She briefly betrays the crew during the Baratie Arc and rejoins at the end of the Arlong Arc after her past and true intentions are revealed.

"Sharpshooter" Usopp



Background: Usopp was born in Syrup Village. He is the sniper of the Straw Hat Pirates and former Captain of the Usopp Pirates. When Usopp was first introduced, he was often (comically) labeled as the "Liar" of the Straw Hat Pirates, due to the "Uso" in his name meaning "lie" or "falsehood". He was first mentioned by Yasopp. He is the fourth member of the crew, the third to join, and, including Nami, also the third to rejoin, doing so at the end of the Post-Enies Lobby Arc. He is known with a bounty of 30,000,000 on his head by his alias and alter-ego "Sogeking".

"Black Leg" Sanji



Background: Sanji is a pirate and the chef of the Straw Hat Pirates. He is the fifth member of the crew and the fourth to join. Since he was born in North Blue, he is the first Straw Hat not to originate from East Blue. His dream is to find the rumoured All Blue, which is where East Blue, West Blue, North Blue, and South Blue meet along with their wildlife; a chef's paradise.

Tony Tony Chopper:

Tony Tony Chopper is the doctor of the Straw Hat Pirates. Chopper is a reindeer that ate a Devil Fruit allowing him to speak to humans and transform into different forms. He comes from Drum Island, which makes him the only member of the Straw Hat Pirate Crew who was born on the Grand Line. He is the sixth member of the crew and the fifth to join Luffy, as well as being the youngest member on board. He has a bounty of 50 due to being mistaken for the crew's pet.

Nico Robin:

Nico Robin is the archaeologist of the Straw Hat Pirates. She is the seventh member of the crew, the sixth to join, and also the second to rejoin, doing so near the end of the Enies Lobby Arc. She was also the first member to have been a former antagonist. She ate the flower devils fruit allowing her to replicate and sprout pieces of her body from the surface of any object or living thing. Her dream is to find the Rio Poneglyph which tells the True History. She has a bounty of 80,000,000.

Franky:

Franky is the shipwright for the Straw Hat Pirates. He is a 36 year old cyborg from Water 7 and was introduced in the story as the leader of the Franky Family. He was originally named Cutty Flam until he threw away his original name for his nickname per the request by Iceburg to hide his identity. Franky and his followers were originally introduced as antagonists of the Water 7 Arc against the Straw Hats until circumstances forced them to become allies. Per the request of the Franky Family, Franky was allowed to join the Straw Hats to fulfill his dream of creating and riding a ship capable of circum-navigating the world. He is the eighth member of the Straw Hat crew and the seventh to join Luffy's crew. He is also the second member to have been a former antagonist. He has a bounty of 44,000,000. He is originally from South Blue, which he left 32 years ago as a kid of four years of age. 

Brook:

Brook is the musician of the Straw Hat Pirates. He is a skeleton the Straw Hats found on board a ghost ship after drifting into the Florian Triangle. He is a Devil Fruit user and is now an undead being brought back into a pseudo-immortal state because of its powers. He is the ninth member of the Straw Hat crew and the eighth to join Luffy's crew. He is also one of the two swordsmen onboard their current ship with the other being Zoro. He fills the role of the long awaited musician that Luffy wanted for his crew since his journey began. He has a bounty of 33,000,000.

Boa Hancock:

Pirate Empress Boa Hancock is the Snake Princess of Amazon Lily and rules over the Kuja tribe with her two younger Gorgon sisters, Boa Sandersonia and Boa Marigold. She is considered by many to be the most beautiful woman in the world. While she currently remains employed with the marines, her love for Monkey D. Luffy has caused her to turn against the World Government on a number of occasions, thus putting her status at risk.

Silvers Rayleigh:

"Dark King" Silvers Rayleigh is the former first mate of the Roger Pirates, known to be the "Right Hand of the Pirate King". He became a coating mechanic in Sabaody Archipelago at some point after Gol D. Roger died and the crew was disbanded. He served as Luffy's mentor in the use of Haki during the two year timeskip.

Marguerite:

Marguerite is a member of the Kuja tribe living on the island of Amazon Lily. She, along with two of her friends, saved Luffy after he ate mushrooms that completely covered his body.

Shakky:

Shakuyaku

Shakuyaku, more commonly known by her nickname Shakky, is the bartender of Shakky's Rip-off Bar on the Sabaody Archipelago. She is a former pirate and is also known for once being chased by the legendary Marine Monkey D. Garp.

Nefertari Vivi:

Not much to say for her. Nefertari Vivi is the daughter of Nefertari Cobra and Nefertari Titi and is the princess of Alabasta.

Kaya:

Kaya is a young girl who lives in the largest mansion of Syrup Village on Gecko Islands. Kaya is a fairly tall, thin, and pale girl with blonde hair. Despite her fortune, she is rarely seen in anything but simple neat clothing, be it a plain long dress or "common" clothing such as a skirt and jacket.