- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I've actually had this chapter written for a long time, but never got to typing it out until now. It's probably rated R, MAYBE, and more towards the end. Just to be safe.
         "Darian?"
         "Yeah?"
         "I-I'm not sure about this anymore..." Kailey whimpered.
         "What?! How can you not be sure about this anymore? That bitch is going to KILL US if we give her any more time. I think I would know, I was in her mouth...Anyways, this might be our last chance, we need to take it while it's here!" Darian whispered.
         "But what if...what if she finds out? If she catches us, she'll kill us!"
         "Well...we'd be dead anyway, at this rate." Darian said.
         "O-okay..." Kailey whimpered.
         "Okay. Here's the plan..." Darian and Kailey began to quickly discuss an escape attempt, provided that they were left at the house instead of being taken to school.
        In the morning, Darian and Kailey waited for the door to close before preparing to climb out of the box and get help.
            "Kailey, do you know what you're supposed to do?" Darian asked.
            "I-I...I think so. But...why can't you do this? Why me? What if I mess up?! What if I-"
            "You're not going to mess up, trust me. I swear you'll get through this safely. The reason I'm making you go is because you're faster than I am. You can make it there in less time." Darian reasoned.
            "O-okay. I'll do it, but only because this might be our last day alive." Kailey said as Darian draped the secretly obtained rope over the side of the box. She silently cheered when she realized it was long enough to reach the floor. Kailey looked down and nervously wrapped herself around the rope, knowing in the pot of her stomach that once she put her feet on the floor, there would be no turning back. Kailey carefully began to climb down and released her grip when she felt the ground below her. She quickly walked towards the door, her vague fear bordering on that of paranoia. Kailey was making good time, about relatively ten feet from "freedom". Then she heard footsteps rapidly approaching. Kailey panicked, thinking that it was Anna coming home from real or false illness, it didn't matter. Kailey's heart and mind were racing, screaming at her to run. Kailey looked around feverishly for somewhere to hide before making a mad dash for the closet. Kailey blindly dove into the darkness and held her breath, waiting for the footsteps to pass by. The presence left as quickly as it came, giving Kailey a chance to breathe a sigh of relief. "Thank god it wasn't her." Kailey thought to herself.
        Kailey got ready to continue the escape attempt when something on the wall caught her eye. It was dark, so she had to focus a bit to make it out. She reeled in horror at the image presented to her. It was impossible. THIS was impossible. Kailey stood there, motionless.  "O-oh god...Oh god, oh god...! No no no no no no...!" she stumbled backwards, her eyes still fixated on them. Hundreds of thoughts went through her head. Could Anna really have done this? How did she manage without getting caught? WHY?! Kailey was finally snapped out of her trance by feeble whimpers coming from behind her. "Huh?" Kailey gulped and turned around, searching for the source. She spotted a girl who had been shrunken to her current size, bound and gagged in the corner. Kailey recognized her as a girl from a few towns over, Katie. She had platinum blonde hair and deep green eyes, and looked like she had been through hell. 
       Upon closer inspection, Katie's body was covered in cuts and bruises from being beaten, burn scars, and two very severe cases of frostbite. She was unconscious, but still breathing, for now. Kailey lightly touched her in an attempt to help, but was met with tears, panicked screams, and cries for mercy. Kailey quickly retracted her hand for fear of hurting Katie, but then began to panic as she heard the bedroom door open. When the door was closed, Kailey's blood ran cold. She began to look for any sort of escape. She found a piece of semi-folded paper just large enough to fit under, and maybe, just maybe, hold off her death another day. Kailey silently crawled under the paper and prayed it would work. Kailey closed her eyes and cowered on her hands and knees when she heard the door to the closet begin to open.
       Anna opened the closet door and looked around. Something wasn't right. There was something wrong, perhaps out of place, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. She noticed Katie and it dawned on her. Anna picked up the helpless girl and crushed her without a word of acknowledgement, a warm spurt of blood erupting from her fingers. She dropped the corpse, moving to where Kailey was hiding.
       Kailey quickly crawled, hoping Anna wouldn't notice the papers changing position. She stopped suddenly and cringed, hearing a body being shattered in a melody of horrendous pain. She slowly continued, fighting back frightened tears and waves of nausea. She glanced upward at her tormentor as her cover was lifted away.
     "Found you." Anna said in a childish voice. Kailey climbed to her feet and begged at the top of her lungs.
      " I'm really sorry! I'm really sorry! No! Don't! NOOOOOO!" as Anna lifted one of her bare feet and crushed Kailey like she was a common cockroach. Anna's face twisted in disgust as she began to wipe her foot against the ground, hoping to get some off the blood off. When she was finished, she picked up what was left of Kailey, and brought it over to the box where Darian was waiting.
        "Hey Darian," Anna said, dropping Kailey's corpse into the box, whose limbs and neck were twisted at odd angles, dripping with blood, "Your little plan didn't work, and your friend payed the price." Darian screamed and began to sob, her stomach twisted in knots and her heart as heavy as lead. She dropped to her knees and vomited, unable to understand why or how this had happened. Anna smiled in satisfaction when she covered the box, sealing both Darian and the corpse inside. She bit the inside of her bottom lip before she muttered, "Have fun, you little bitch."
Chapter End Notes:
One of the protagonists is dead! Whee! Review? PPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE? Seriously though, I don't think this was my best work...