- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This story was written from the top of my head and inspired by George Skrinks

Please Enjoy! :)

Author's Chapter Notes:

Piper will introuduce herself and then begin her story

Hi, let me introduce myself, I’m Piper Ann Joans (Pronounced as "Pepper" for some reason) and currently fifteen years old. I have short black hair and bright green eyes. Um...also I’m seven inches tall. I know it’s hard to believe but it’s the truth.

My parents died when I was three in and a car crash. They were probably tiny like me driving in a doll sized car. It pretty much ended them on the road. I do wish I’d known them. I’d been sent to an orphanage when I five after being tested for two years.

As a child the normal sized children treated me normally and we’d played our own little games. I’d always win at hide in seek being so small and tag is pretty hard since I can’t barely out run them. Sometimes a board game I’d get to be my own piece. Life was great then but I wished for a family or anyone to take me in. I remember on my ninth birthday a young, handsome man named, Edward who talked to the clerk and asked to adopt a "Piper " I knew clearly this was me. There wasn’t any other child with my unique name.

The woman in a white flowery dress carried me into her palm and placed me on the wooden table where the man could view me better. He softy grinned.

"Hello, Piper" he said in a gentle voice.

"Hello, sir" I bowed politely.

I knew from that moment I’d amused him. The clerk passed him my profile to take with him.

"I’ll take her" he said smiling down at me.

Finally I was adopted! Edward carried me in his palm that felt warm and soft that I found myself falling asleep in it the whole bus ride. When we’ve arrived home I was still asleep curling to feel more warmth. He nudged me a little with his finger and I’d awoken with a little yawn.

"I should be awake. I apologize"

"No, sweetheart it’s alright. You can go back to sleep" he whispered.

"I just wanted you to feel more comfortable. I’d made you a little bed"

"Alright" I smiled.

He’d placed me gently in the bed made for my size. He kissed my tiny cheek and I’d hugged his finger he placed on my shoulder.

"I love you already...with all my heart" Edward whispered rubbing my stomach.

 "I love you too...just the same" I whispered back.

He gave me another kiss and climbed into his huge stable bed. A thunder storm started to rage outside. Every boom and crash made me whimper. Until there was a huge BOOM! I screamed loudly.

I heard his bare feet stepping softly on the wooden floor and he’d faced me in the darkness. "Sweetie, are you okay? Are you afraid?" he’d asked me. "Y-yes" I replied shivering. "C-can I sleep with you t-tonight?" "Okay, darling" he carried me and held me against his warmhearted chest. I released tears and cried real hard as he stroked my back with a finger. "Shhhh...it’s okay. There is nothing to be afraid of" I slowly closed my eyes allowing myself to sleep breathing freely.

 

I had to admit. Edward is the most loving parent; not to mention the only one I have in my life. I even knew that the first time we’d met. Though I am pretty small he treated me so kindly and lovingly...we’d also have some really fun times together. Anyway there is a lot more to my life...

 

being the size of a child’s doll everything around me is an adventure itself. The thing is no matter how small or big you are you can still accomplish anything. Like I say: Those who say that it’s impossible might not know how many possibilities they are as we endure the future. Keep that in mind! Hold on tight. Your about to enter a world which I see through my eyes only and who knows you might even become me while enduring my story and even discovering love...

 

 

Morning rose brightly as light steamed through the window and flashed on my face. I awoken up with start and fell out of the bed of my doll house. I’d gotten dressed in skinny jeans and a black skull t shirt with red and black sleeves. I brushed my hair, pulled on my socks and laced my red converse.

"Good morning, gigantic world!" I shouted outside the opened window.

 

The usual red robin landed on the windowsill as I stroked her silky feathers and she rubbed her head on my chin. "Hi, Ruby" I greeted her. I fed her some sunflower seeds. Off she flew to feed her chicks some insects.

 

I climbed back inside to see my father, Edward still a sleep. I swung across with the long curtain chord and landed on the bed. I crawled on top of him until I’d reached his face. "Wake up. Raise and shine. Your students are waiting for you" I whispered. His lips slowly turned into a gentle grin. Edward awoken while I slid off his face and landed on his stomach. He scooped me up in his palm up to his face were I could see his beautiful blue eyes.

"Your up already?" he scratched the back of his head. "I’m the one who usually wakes you up"

"I’d say there’s been a change to our routine, dad" I smirked.

"I’m glad my student’s like you, Piper. You’ve been helping a lot with my teaching" he sat his finger on my shoulder and I hugged it.

 

 After he got dressed he carried me into the kitchen where he made us some scrambled eggs and he passed my tiny tea cup full of hot chocolate. He put on his shoes and placed me in his bag, away we went.

 

Edward, my step father happens to be a third garde teacher and I attend with him helping him with the lessons to educate the little ones. I’m too small to go to school alone which the chance of getting stepped on. So I have a tutor who comes by at lunch hours and teaches me different subjects.

 

Anyway Mulberry Wood school is a combination of a public, middle, high school. I’m in the tenth garde with my tutor and none of the students other than my step father’s class have ever seen me before. Surprisingly I’m kept a huge secret since my size is very unusual to most standards. Usually when we enter the classroom early before anyone arrives I say hello to every staff member in the building since they all know me pretty well. I’m also know as "Mr. Joans’s spectacular miniature daughter" although I find that really offensive.

 

I wouldn’t want the world to know about me. Dad starts off writing a message on the board in blue chalk and a little date in the corner. I settled on his wooden desk organizing the work sheets and getting the attendance ready. The school bell rings and children rush in greeting us.

"Good morning, class" he smiled.

"Good morning, Mr. Joans" they responded.

I’d started the attendance afterwards and lessons begun. Then I played with the kid’s at rescues. A sweet, gentle kid named, Miles held me around making sure not to drop me.

"What should we play?" he asked as I sat on his shoulder.

"Eye spy?"

"Sure" I smiled.

We’d taken turns and I had some fun. But that’s when I met someone special who endured my life.

"Miles?" said a voice. I heard Mile’s little gasp.

"Hide!" he whispered at me and he covers me with his palm and it hid it behind his back.

It was his older brother, Liam! He’s just a year younger than me. I secretly had a crush on him and he never knew of me. At times like these sometimes I wished I wasn’t kept a secret. My heart throbbed deeply in my chest hearing his foot steps draw against stone ground. He bend down to his brother’s level.

 "What are you hiding?" he asked.

"Candy" Miles replied shyly.

"Can I see the candy?" Liam grinned holding out his hand.

From my perspective I could tell he knew his poor little brother was lying. Miles started to cry worried that I’d might be revealed.

"Don’t you believe me, brother? I hate you!" he sobbed, covering his eyes

 "Shhhh...Miles it’s alright. I just want to make sure whatever your holding is safe"

Liam said in a soothing voice. He couldn’t ignore his kindhearted brother any longer and handed me to him. "

I’m so sorry, Piper" he said to me and ran off.

Liam’s glance was focused on me laying warmly in his palm helplessly.

"No, way...a tiny person?" he breathed in disbelief.

He poked me in the stomach probably checking to see if I was really alive or his definition of real.

"Hey! Don’t touch me like that!" I snapped as I stood up.

"What’s going on here?" said a calm voice.

Coming to the rescue was my father. He stared down at me in surprise as little Miles stood by his side, his face quite red from all that crying.

"Come along with me, Liam" As my dad taken me away from his hand he followed him into the classroom as Miles was scooted back to play baseball with the other kids. He closed the window and Liam still focused his gaze at me while I sat on the desk.

"Liam, this is my adopted daughter, Piper. She is kept a secret for a very important reason. The media is dying to expose her all over the television and network. I can’t place her in that danger. Besides she deserves to live like everyone else. She’s human. Isn’t she?"

"I guess so, Mr. J" he nodded.

"Of course size doesn’t matter. I believe that no matter what size you are there is always a way to achieve or accomplish anything" I explained. "Well, I haven’t decided my future yet..." I admitted, kicking a tiny piece of eraser out of my way, blushing a little.

 

Liam chatted to my dad for a while curious about my everyday life and after my father left for lunch, though it seems silly Liam was quite shy around me as I was around him. He was dying to hold me. I could see it in his eyes. His fingers were fiddling around nervously with a red linked pen.

"C-can I h-hold you?" he stuttered with his cheeks burning red.

The guy I liked since sixth garde wanted to hold me. I couldn’t deny the offer.

 "Go ahead" I said.

Plenty of people held me already, I was used to it by now. He scooped me into his palm and I stared deeply into his beautiful eyes that seemed to sparkle. He had great pleasure in holding me and smiled which seemed remarkable to my view. He gently stroked my back as I sat down with his remarkably soft finger. It was so relaxing I dozed off sleeping inside his palm until the school bell rang and I sprang up.

"I-I’m sorry for falling asleep" I said.

"No, it’s alright. I thought you were cute" he grinned.

I blushed a little until I thought of an idea.

"Wanna come to my place this Saturday? I have some old monster movies way back from the nineteen thirties to sixties. Though it might be boring for you..." I sighed.

"Not at all. That sounds awesome! I’ll come around by lunch hour and I’ll bring my cousin Chelsea along. She’s begged to see a monster film forever. Anyway, it’s nice meeting you, Piper"

He carefully placed me back on the desk and I gently kissed the tip of his finger which he seemed to adore giving me another smile before he left for class. The third garders rushed into the classroom sitting in their seats paying their attention to me.

"Class, this afternoon were going to talk about love"

"Ewww!" they shrieked.

I jumped over to the chalk board writing the word "love" nice and big with pink chalk. I saw a hand being raised by a glasses kid.

"Yes?" "Who’s Liam?" said a kid named, Simon a good reader for his age.

 I looked over to see I written Liam’s name in a drawn heart without noticing.

"Piper’s in love with my brother!" Miles burled out in a singsong voice.

"Oh,   god...Miles!" I blushed. The children shot in laughter.

"Hey, what’s the commotion about?" father asked with piles of coloring pages in his arms.

"Don’t ask" I groaned. "I need some sleep"

I crawled into his bag feeling my heart throbbing harder. Believe me. Loving someone WAY bigger than you makes your heart ram in real torturous pain. I should know. I am certainly small! I held on to my chest crying a little.

"Why do I love you, Liam?" I whispered to myself in tears.

I always felt too small for this world. But Liam made me feel I was normal sized and made me feel safe when he held me. I believe it was love

 

After school dad drove home with me in his bag.

"Dad" I said. "Have you ever experienced love?"

 "Yes. One time...in college."

He takes a quick glance down at me.

"Do you love someone, Piper?"

I panicked deep down inside my heart. Dammit. Why does he have to guess so easily? I’ll trick him for a bit.

"Of course I love you, dad" cuddling on to his finger.

"No, I mean are you in love with a certain boy?" I sighed as he seen me blush like roses.

"Who do you think?" I remarked sarcastically.

"If it’s alright with you. I invited him over for classic monster movies on Saturday"

"Not a problem. I have a staff meeting then so you can have the house all to yourself" I smiled to myself.

I couldn’t wait to see Liam again...

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Postive comments and suggestions please!