- Text Size +

Sally went inside and retrieved Mike's gym bag. She put Mike in her mouth as she carried the transponder and the gym bag to the trunk. The trunk opened with an access code on a keypad on the front console, and Mike had shared the access code with her. Once these two items were in the trunk, Sally crossed her arms and stood leaning against the Micromobile. After about a minute or two, Sally pulled Mike out of her mouth.

"Mike?" Sally asked, as she held him in her hand.

"Mike!" Sally shouted, kneeling down and placing him gently on the ground. A man on the other side of the parking lot saw the vomit on the ground, and came over and asked her if she was okay.

"Mind your own business!" Sally told him harshly. Mike began to stir. He sat up on the ground. "Mike?" Sally asked. "If this is some kind of hoax to scare the crap out of me, you've succeeded! Now, are you all right?"

"Yes!" Mike replied. "Just use the remote control device to give me the power to re-enlarge again!"

"I can't!" Sally responded. "It hasn't been an hour yet, so the neutrino gizmo isn't recharged yet! Don't you remember?"

"Sally," Mike said, "you'd better not ever swallow me again! I've told you how much I hate that! There isn't much air in the human stomach, and it's hot as hell in there!"

"Oh, quit being a baby!" Sally replied. "When you get big again, you need to drive us to that professor friend of yours! What's his name?"

"Professor Hyperion!" Mike replied.

A while later, when the time was up and Mike was able to re-enlarge, Sally used the remote control to unlock the programming built into Mike's suit that she controlled, so he could get big again. Mike keyed the neutrino transfer device on his wristband and was instantly six feet tall again. Mike and Sally got in the Micromobile and Mike drove them to professor Hyperion's lab at Cal Tech in Pasadena.

When they got there, people stopped and stared as Mike got the transponder out of the trunk and carried it to the professor's lab. After walking through a maze of hallways, they found his office. Inside, a gray-haired man with a goatee stood up from where he had been sitting and greeted Mike.

"Hi there, Mike! To what do I owe the good fortune of seeing you again?"

"This transponder," Mike replied, "was placed at a sporting event by my arch-nemesis, Amnesio. He's a master of mind control! I'd like you to take a look at this device and see if you can tell me anything!"

"I'll see what I can do!" the professor replied.

For the next hour, Professor Hyperion dismantled the device with tools he had with him in his office, and he analyzed it. He took one device out of the transponder in particular and looked it over. "This is an alpha wave emitter, and only one company that I know of manufactures this variety! The Vizotech corporation! That's about all I can tell you!"

"Thanks a lot, professor! Come on, Sally, we need to get home and look that company up on the Internet!"

"Mike," the professor asked, "would it be okay if I kept this transponder unit? I'd like to run some tests on it!"

"Sure professor," Mike replied, "go ahead!"

Once at their house in the Hollywood hills, Sally did some research on the Internet and found out the name and address of the president of the Vizotech corporation. "His name is Mason Eisenberg, and his home address is in Beverly Hills!" Sally informed Mike. "I'll print it out, and we can go there!"

"Mason Eisenberg is probably an alias for Amnesio!" Mike declared.

"Actually," said Sally, "the name Mason and the first two letters of that last name form an anagram of the name Amnesio, so I think you're right!"

Two minutes later, they were back in the Micromobile heading toward Beverly Hills. When they found the address, it was a mansion surrounded by an eight foot high wall. "You're going to have to shrink," Sally explained, "so I can toss you up onto the wall so you can investigate."

Mike keyed his neutrino dissimilator device, and shrunk down to one inch tall. Sally picked him up, and tossed him up into the air, but she didn't throw him far enough, and he came back down and landed in her hands. On the second try Sally succeeded, and Mike landed on top of the wall.

Mike walked around on the wall until he was pretty far into the backyard, which was huge. He hid behind the canopy of a large tree, unaware that a video camera was perched in one of the higher branches of the tree. Beside a swimming pool, Mike could see several of Amnesio's female assistants. Mike keyed his wrist-radio and told Sally, "This is definitely the place! I can see those women who work for Amnesio by the swimming pool, but I don't see Amnesio!"

At that exact moment, Amnesio was in his control room, watching Mike on a video monitor. "So, you tracked me down, eh, Micromage?" Amnesio said to Mike's image on the video screen. "Well, you won't get far!"

April and May went out the back gate of the backyard in one direction, and June and Solstice went out the back gate in the opposite direction, and walked around the block. When Sally saw June and Solstice approaching, she turned to go in the opposite direction, only to be intercepted by May and June.

"You weren't going anywhere, were you, Sally?" April asked, as she grabbed Sally's left arm, while May grabbed her right wrist. Nobody saw them drag Sally into the house.

Meanwhile, on the wall, Mike had noticed that some of Amnesio's assistants had left out the back gate, while others remained. He figured it was nothing to be concerned about. He didn't notice June and Solstice walking around the wall toward his location, because he was standing near the edge of the inside of the backyard, and they were on the outside of the wall. June kneeled down on the ground, and Solstice used her back for a ladder, and reached the top of the wall. Mike turned around to see Solstice's hand reach for him, and found himslef firmly enclosed within her fist.

About a minute later, in the mansion, Sally was tied to a chair with her hands bound behind her back, and Mike was duct taped to her right thigh. "It's interesting that you found me today, " Amnesio told them. "I recently completed a new mind control device, and I need to test it out on someone."

"Go to hell, creep!" Sally yelled at him.

"It's also interesting that I am in the process of relocating. All my furniture has been packed and shipped to my new location. I've already sold this mansion to a new buyer! Pity that they will have to clean up the charred corpses of a young teenage girl and a miniaturized self-proclaimed hero!"

Amnesio pushed a button on a remote control device in his hand, and heavy metal music began to emanate from speakers located throughout the room. "This is Dio's greatest hits album!" Amnesio informed Sally.

"Tell someone who cares!" Sally said defiantly.

"You should care," Amnesio continued, because I rigged a circuit connected to some C4 explosives that are keyed to go off when this CD player finishes the last song of this album! It was nice knowing you!"

Amnesio exited the room, followed by his four female assistants. When they were gone, Sally tried untying her hands from the rope that bound her. A recording of Amnesio's voice could be heard coming from speakers, saying: "Mike Roman, you are on hidden camera! This is all part of a new reality television series that you and Sally will be starring in!"

"Mike, we've got to get out of here! Amnesio has some C4 that's set to go off when this album finishes the last song!"

Mike was strapped to Sally's thigh with duct tape. He replied, "You're crazy, Sally! We're going to be on TV! This is all part of one of those reality shows!"

"No, Mike!" Sally argued. "That's just what Amnesio wants you to think! You're mesmerized right now!"

"We have to do what Amnesio wants us to do!" Mike argued.

The voice from the speaker instructed Mike to stay where he was. Sally realized she had to play along with Amnesio's game to defeat him. "Mike," Sally said, "I was briefed on the specifics of the show! In order to win the one-million dollar prize, you have to go against what Amnesio is telling you to do!"

"Are you serious?" Mike asked.

"Yes! Unstrap yourself from the duct tape and work your way to that stereo! You have to unwire the C4 from that circuit!"

Mike looked over and saw the rectangular block of C4 with wires hooked up to it. With Mike's engineering background, it would be easy to unhook the C4 from the circuit without causing it to explode. Mike forced his way out of the duct tape, and in several moments, he was free. Sally's legs weren't tied to the chair she was sitting in.

"Mike," Sally instructed, "slide down to my ankle, and I'll propel you up onto the table where the stereo is! Remember, you have to do this if you want to be the star of this new reality television show!"

Mike, at one inch tall, slid down Sally's calve as she had instructed, and reached her ankle. When Sally felt Mike on her right ankle, she lifted her leg and Mike shot out and up onto the table. He quickly made his way to the C4, and disconnected the negative wire, then the positive wire.

"Good job, Micromage!" Sally said triumphantly.

By the time the last Dio song played, Mike had untied Sally from her ropes, and she had escaped with Mike in hand. Not too long afterwards, Sally used her remote control device to allow Mike to re-enlarge to normal size.

"The Teen Choice awards are tonight!" Sally said. "We've got to head over there, to see if we can stop Amnesio before he carries out his plan!"

"There's no time to change!" Mike replied. "We'll have to go to the awards show dressed as Micromage & Awesome-Girl!"

To Be Continued!