- Text Size +

Chapter 7

She arrived in Croatia and, after a short walk which replaced Zagreb's city centre with a 1,5 mile long, 3000 feet wide chasm the shape of a human's foot, she saw the Adriatic Sea in the distance. "Right, south it is, down the coast to Greece. Then, turn to the southeast. I'll be in Egypt soon afterwards." She walked towards the sea, uncaring about the city of Split disappearing under her foot, and waded down to the Adriatic towards the Mediterranean Sea. The water barely came up halfway her ankles.

Isabell's movements caused the water of the Adriatic to flood large areas of Italy, Croatia, Albany and Greece. Her weight alone was enough to raise the water level significantly, but a 12 mile woman walking by caused tidal waves that swept entire coastal cities away.

After about a quarter of an hour and many flooded areas later (not to mention countless ships now lying at the bottom of the Mediterranean), Isabell arrived in Egypt. She entered dry land near Alexandria, and took a deep breath. She was sure she was on every news channel now! She mattered, not the economy of the US. Mike was certainly watching TV too. This was the reason why she wanted a TV set. So he could witness what she was about to do to his beloved holiday country. She went for Alexandria, the hot weather making sure she was dry when she arrived three minutes later.

In Alexandria, Isabell went on rampage. Her huge, unforgiving, unyielding feet trampled everything, from the lowliest peasant's shack to the ancient Greek and Roman buildings. Isabell crushed the historical city, founded by and named after conqueror Alexander the Great, to the last house. Soon Alexandria, once capital of a great empire and centre of learning, was nothing but a ruin.

Then she proceeded to Cairo, making sure every place she saw was destroyed. For the smaller villages, about 5000 inhabitants, her big toe was enough to bore them into the ground. Larger ones were trod upon. They crunched like they were made of thin meerschaum.

Isabell continued. The Nile Delta made squishy sounds under her feet, groundwater welled up between her toes. It tickled her soles, making Isabell giggle. Cairo was just a few dozen steps away, every stride of her covered a distance of six miles.

Arriving in Egypt's capital, she scanned the ground. Soon, she saw what she was looking for.

The Pyramids.

The ancient wonders of the world were little more than small bumps to her. She could even barely see them, being of the same color as the surrounding desert sand. Isabell walked towards them, crushing Cairo in the process. To Isabell, it seemed like walking on gravel.

Isabell curled her toes and placed them next to the pyramid of pharaoh Mykerinos. It was hardly the size of the nail of her big toe. Isabell laughed. Did the ancient Egyptians really worked decades for this? This small piece of rock? Flipping her big toe, she shattered the pyramid. It's stones flew like a grapeshot all over the desert.

Isabell bent down. She plucked the next pyramid, the Great Pyramid of Cheops, from the ground. Without hesitation, she put it in her mouth, and started to chew. It crunched like a sugar lump, unable to withstand the power of her teeth. She swallowed it, the millions of blocks used to construct it, all in one gulp. This wonder of the world ended in her stomach.

Turning to the last pyramid, the one of Chefren, she remembered what Napoleon supposedly said during his Egyptian campaign. Turning to what was left of Cairo, Isabell called: "Look! Forty-two centuries I trample down!" And using the ball of her foot, she pressed the last pyramid into the ground. Doing so destroyed the Sphinx as well.

"I wonder if they understood me. They speak Arab over here, not German" Isabell thought. She continued her journey, leaving the Giza plateau for the first time since millennia without a Pyramid.

Walking down the Nile, she looked for more cities to destroy. Egypt would never be a holiday place, full of rich history, again. The desert sands felt nice under her feet, it was just like the sand on the tropical beach in the matrixer.

She saw cracks appear in the ground as she walked, caused by her huge weight. The Nile, this small lint, disappeared into them in a small waterfall. Then, having filled them, the river looked for a new path on its way to the sea.

Isabell felt mighty! She changed the flow of the world's longest river, just by walking next to it. Could she make herself so big she could destroy the source of the Nile, making the river dry out and leaving Egypt without its life-spending water? She had to drain Lake Victoria and trample the Ruwenzori mountains and Kagera hills. Isabell daydreamed about this, as entire cities ceased to exist under her soles.

After having destroyed the city of Aswan, Isabell got an idea. She turned, and headed back to the Nile Delta. She spread her legs, and made another announcement, whether they could understand her or not.

"Sorry about your river, I didn't mean to change it's flow. Heh, heh. Let me make up for it!" Grinning, she started to pee. Her jet of piss filled the Nile, and soon, the river became yellow. The surviving people of Egypt now had to cope with the worst inundation ever, the Nile not only flooding more land that it had ever done in Egypt's history, but also covering the land with foul-smelling piss. Instead of the fertile layer of slick, the Niles now poisoned the Delta, Isabell’s acidic pee making sure it would take a long time before crops could be grown again.

"Salam Aleikum!" Isabell boomed the only Arab word she knew. Laughing, she went back to Austria.