- Text Size +

I woke up on a bed that smelled of fresh fruit and cigarettes, and I felt like my head was pounding. I looked around and realized that I didn't recognize the apartment at all. There was something about the hardwood floors, the nightstand, and the bed that looked familiar but I couldn't quite place it. Then a girl stepped in through the doorway.

She had brown hair tied up in a pony tail at the top of her head, and she was wearing big thick glasses that framed her dark brown eyes, and red lipstick that popped against her pale skin. My eyes roved up and down her body, taking in the weird t-shirt she was wearing, the skirt with leggings, and a pair of fashionable combat boots. “I think it's about time you left, dude,” She said casually. She then tossed me my shirt from the night before, “I fixed your shirt. Sorry I popped a few buttons last night.”

I nodded trying to make it sound like I knew what she was talking about. I slowly got out of bed and pulled my pants on quickly. I shrugged into the shirt as I walked toward her, “It's no problem. Thanks for fixing it though.”

She gave me that standard hipster whatever shrug as she lead me to her door. I felt bad as I saw that it was starting to get dark out, I clearly had overstayed my one night stand welcome with this girl. I turned to at least thank her and ask for her number but she just closed the door in my face and I sighed. I didn't know why, but as I walked away, I felt like I was doing something wrong leaving her. A few drunken memories flashed through my mind, and I for some reason felt like she and I had had something. I laughed, as I recalled that at one point I was on my knees gripping her thighs and calling her a Goddess.

I checked my phone and realized I had several dozen missed texts and phone calls, I immediately called one of my friends and greeted him with, “Dude, there's a reason that I don't go to Brooklyn...”

****

 

Christie watched as the guy brazenly walked into traffic, ignoring the cars that started to honk at him. She followed him for as long as she could through the rain that was starting to come down across the city. “Good riddance,” she muttered to herself.

As she walked back into her living room, Christie contemplated whether it had been right to magically tamper with his memories, but she shrugged thinking it was better than him knowing he had been shrunk and used as her play thing for a day. She still couldn't believe how easily she had broken him. Christie figured a guy like that would be good for a long while but not even a full day and he had already been calling her Goddess.

Christie sighed as she took down a small box from a shelf and set it down on her coffee table. She then walked into the kitchen and pulled a take out menu from on top of her fridge. Before she called in her order though she paused and looked down at her left boot. Christie wiggled her toes and then scrunched them so she was firmly crushing the little man she had in there. “He called me Goddess, little man. If you weren't so stubborn, maybe your life would be a little bit better,” she scrunched him once more for good measure, certain he had probably shouted some retort that she wouldn't have been able to hear even if it weren't for the leather boots he were encased in.

After she called in her order of Chinese food, Christie walked back over to her coffee table before settling down and flipping open the small box. Half a dozen pairs of eyes gazed up at her as she smiled down at them, and called down, “Hello, slaves.”

“Hello, Goddess Christie,” They all called back with varying levels of enthusiasm.

Christie smiled as she began to give orders to them and put her feet up on her table. As she watched two little men go to work polishing her boots she decided it was right to let that guy go thinking they had just had a really weird one night stand. She already had enough slaves.