- Text Size +

Four Months Later......

Jake stood on the windowsill, his hands shoved in his Jacket pockets, the setting sun cast a warm glow on him. He was home in phoenix, where he had been for a few eeks now, it felt great, getting away from his short stay in cali. He was looking out into his backyard.

Nique was out there, with his mother,gardening. They liked to handle the garden together, they made a good team it seemed. Nique had learned quite a bit from his mother.He smiled at them. Despite her small size, Nique made a good assistant to his titanic mother, who handled most of the work herself.

As Jake watched them his thoughts drifted to what his life had been but a few months ago.Alaina, Tara, and Summer were all spending the rest of their lives behind bars, figuratively of course, they were actually in a therapy and treatment facility. Justice was never so sweet. He was glad, he was glad they were gone, they had nearly killed him after all.

He climbed down and walked to the small makeshift ladder, one of many his mother had set around the house that helped he and Nique ascend and descend large objects. Alaina hadn't bothered using them. He descended to the floor below and made his way into their living room. He walked around, enjoying himself, enjoying the feeling of security, he loved it, this, being home in phoenix.

He walked towards the end of the room and looked up. A giant piano towered above him, a small ladder leading upward toward the keys. Now there's an idea.

This should be an easier climb than the last he thought as he made his way upward, remembering one of the few good experiances in cali.

He stood on the end, staring across the length of the keys, a familiar tune came to mind. He grinned, this would get their attention.

He played as he once had, hoping from key to key, letting the sounds echo throughout his home, the sound resonating off of the thin walls, he played the tune perfectly.

His mother entered, Nique in hand, they were both covered in dirt, but smiling at him, he smiled back.

"I've heard that before" Nique said as Jake's mother set her next to him. His colossal mother sat in front of them. "Nique told me about how you first played that for her."

"I seem to remember being abit taller back then though" Nique added.

They all laughed.

Jake's mother quieted and said " your both gonna start your senior years together soon, are you sure you're ready?"

"Yes mom, we'll be fine" Jake answered.

"okay, but public school could be dangerous for you two y'know, there'll be huge poeple walking around, you could get stepped on or worse".

"were well aware of that mom, but how can we function if we don't have an education? we still wanna go, we wanna feel...."

"normal" Nique finished for him.

"but isn't there another way you could feel normal? homeschooling, even private school, a group of people with special-"

"mom! please, we need this okay? we need this......"

"Okay..... okay, enough about this,we'll talk later, who's hungry?" Jake's mother got up to leave.

"I'll help!" Nique said.

Jake's mother carried her into the kitchen, leaving Jake to his thoughts. he only had one though.

Normal.......