- Text Size +

Chapter Notes: After a long hiatus I am back! I had to put the chapter notes int the text though because I am short on words as I wanted a separate chapter for max's tale.


 


STORY: We stare at the picture for what seems like hours before I slip the small picture into my purse and turn to Max “I cant believe she's real” I only stay on the thought for a moment before remembering I needed to show Max something “Um... Max?”


“yea?” He smiles and looks at me.


“I need to show you something... Something important” With that, I step back a few feet and grow to about 100ft tall as Max gasps and looks nervous “It turns out, I can control my growth, and how much I grow also” I'm nervous about what he is going to say as he nervously walks towards my flip-flop.


“Why... How did you figure this out?” He backs up as I sit and bring my knees to my chest, placing him on my knee to see him better.


“Oh, well while you were asleep one night I started to grow again so I rushed outside and tried to stop and did, I was actually surprised my self” I smile and lean against the cave wall and look at my watch realizing its only noon so I look down at Max. He starts getting really nervous so I hold him lovingly in my hand while rubbing his back with my other “please don’t be afraid of me Max” I try to smile sweetly but he just backs up even more, I remember I have pretty sharp teeth so I close my lips.


“I'm not scared, I'm nervous Sarah” Max sits in my hand and I lay down to appear less tall, setting Max down in front of my face. He walks up and hugs my nose, causing me to twitch and him to fall to his but so I giggle a little. “What was that for?” I give him a quizzical look


“Because I love you Sarah, and I know I can trust you with my life” he replies, smiling and sitting beside me


“Max, I have a question.” I try to talk softly because I'm sure my voice is much louder at this size than when I'm normal sized. “What did you do before Bruce adopted us?” I look at him softly, trying my best to look loving


“Sarah” he begins softly “I'm not sure you want to know” his entire persona takes on a depressed look for a brief second before he smiles and looks back up at me.


“I want to understand what you went through Max, I hope it was better than what I had to deal with” I tear up for just a second before continuing “And you don’t have to tell me if you don't want to” I smile at him and he walks over and plops down against my cheek, which is uncomfortable for me because it tickles so I lay on my back and put him next to my ear.


“Well Sarah” he starts, “Its a long story...”