- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Shifted to Sarah's POV. Please tell me how I did

------------------------------Chapter 2: Quite a Rude Awakening--------------------------------

 

 

 

WOOF!!!

 

I screamed and rushed to a back corner of the box thingy I was in, ears down and tail tucked in meowing in fear of a big scary monster thing and the loud noise it was making.

 

“what did you find boy?” a human girl's face filled the opening of the box. She looked tiny, like one of their kids. When she sees me I fearfully make Eye contact back with her. “aww Rex its a cat” she moved the monster and he went away, but she was coming for me! I hiss at her trembling and crying Because she is scary. “Why do you hate me leave” I thought, until her delicate arms lift me close to her and I feel the warmth radiating from her.

 

“your soft” she keeps holding me and I start to purr, realizing that she was friendly.

 

“mommy look a cat!” Jessie, the little girl, ran inside to show her parents and 3 year old brother, max.

 

“Jessie we told you no pets” [her mom sounded scary I don’t like her] I thought as I buried my ears into the girls arms. I hear them arguing, about me I think. The scary mom pointed to me and said Sarah a couple times and I heard the little girl say it. [I must be Sarah] I think to myself, and as I thought Sarah I said it making everyone to be quiet, I then promptly yawn and fall asleep.

 

 

 

[OW!] The word ran through my head as a stabbing pain exploded in my left leg waking me up [where am I?] I think scared to myself [its dark and scary its bad]

 

I start meowing before the girl comes and holds me. [yay I like her shes safe] I smile thinking this.

 

 

 

--5 Years later: Sarah:6 Yo. Jessie:11 Yo. Max: 8 Yo.--

 

 

 

“Then what mommy?” I am laying in my bed, listening to my mom tell me of how the family found me.

 

“well” she cleared her throat before continuing “The doctor said that your DNA test showed you are a 50/50 mix of cat and human Sarah, and that we should raise you like we would our own daughter, so we are ” mom finished talking with a smile on her face.

 

“is that why I’m furry? Because I’m a cat?” I poked my tail out of the blanket, it was getting too hot and I waited to hear my mom finish talking.

 

“yes dear that is why you are furry. Now I know you don’t like being alone, or going out , so max will stay here with you, but the rest of the family has to go to Jessie’s dance recital” She hugged me good by as max walked in. “keep your sister safe please max”

 

“OK mom” I smile at my brother. We usually ruff house and play with each other that way its so fun so I’m super happy. “drive safely”

 

 

 

Max and I follow the family out of the room. I’m walking on all fours and I shift my bones back again to stand on just my feet to hug my sister good bye. “do you have to leave Jessie?” She smile and ruffles my hair.

 

I should explain, I shift my bones, mostly my spine hips and shoulders, so my structture most closely resemble a cat. This is what allows me to walk on all fours. I shift back when I'm not going to be running or hiding so I can walk like a human most of the time.

 

“Sarah you know I have to I’m sorry” she smiles and hugs me “I will be home in an hour so don’t worry” She smiles and ruffles my hair one more time

 

“great now I have to fix that” I giggle and hug them all before walking off to the bathroom to fix my hair. Once there I smile at how I look, a human girl that’s furry and has human hair. As I’m fixing my hair I hear the family van start and worry that they wont be safe. I walk to the front door and watch them pull out only to hear a loud Semi-Truck horn and watch as an 18-Wheeler smashes into the van, causing it to fly a few hundred feet, Horribly dented in on the side.

 

“NO!!!” I quickly shift my bones and sprint on all fours towards the van as max follows behind me on his scooter to keep up.

 

 

 

I arrive on the scene first only to see the 18-Wheeler pull off quickly, screeching his tires. “Mom, Dad, Jessie?!?!?” I’m crying and pounding the ground with my fists, when I hear a faint sound, picked up easily with my cat senses, coming from the yard in front of me. I race over to the body to find Jessie laying on the ground with part of the windshield straight through her belly. “Jessie no... please don’t die... not now... please no” I’m crying and I shift my bones so I can Lay her head on my lap, my arms shaking from the tears

 

“Sarah...” Jessie was weak, about to die any minute;Her words were barely audible to Sarah “I love you Sarah please stay strong for max. I will be watching you from above” With these final words, Jessie leans up and kisses me on the cheek just as the paramedics arrive. He's trying to say something. I cant hear him. Why should I? Thoughts Race through my head. Life doesn’t matter if your best friend dies... Does  it?

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

More To Come