- Text Size +

Frank was on the verge of falling unconscious.  He’d never been a person much for thrill rides in the first place, and now his daughter was subjecting him to the most intense roller coaster he’d ever been on.  However, this ride came with no seatbelts, no attendant checking that all the guests adhered to safety guidelines, and no anticipation of escaping soon.  Lacey’s toes were astonishingly huge, and equally devastating, and the poor man could do little to escape their wrath. 

With each wiggle the goddess-like blonde made of her toes, Frank found himself smothered in her flesh, his face buried between the ridges of Lacey’s toe prints.  His fists beat and flailed wildly at the pale skin, and it seemed that for each pound of his miniscule fists against Lacey’s big toe, she would only reply by squeezing her toes together again, darkening Frank’s world again.  The light had already been lightly veiled due to the shading of the thick cotton sock adorned on the captor’s foot, but when she squeezed them together, Franks world was pitch black.

In addition to the threat of being crushed, or suffocating between the petite toes of his daughter, there was the constant rolling and tapping of the entire foot, some of the motion restricted to only that slender ankle, other motions as large as the calf and shin bouncing at the knee against the opposite knee.  Frank had noticed by now that the larger motions were the most tolerable, feeling more like large shifts in motion, like a cruise ship turning a little too quickly. They were powerful and intimidating, but providing little danger.   Her ankle, however, provided terrible stress to the girl’s father, the motions more harshly attempting to toss the tiny man from his relatively secure location between Lacey’s two largest toes.

Though the toes were not the most pleasant of places to be, Frank preferred there above anywhere else in the sock; if he were to slip under foot, he was certain that he would be reduced to little more than paste under blonde’s dramatic sole, or treated to a very bumpy ride on the desert plain of her in-step.  The choices were few and daunting, but they were all he had.  He’d given up screaming, there was no way Lacey would hear her toe jam calling for help inside her sock.  It chilled him.  Frank was no longer a father, but toe jam, fit to do nothing but pray for freedom from this torture.

Miles above, Anita had began to silently weep.  At the beginning of this whole thing, when she found herself struggle across the top of Lacey’s bagel, the mother was struggling to fight thoughts about how she would punish her daughter for putting her through all of this, even if she did survive.  But now, Anita had become more resigned to her fate.  Lacey was doing very little wrong, other than taking one of Anita’s bagels without permission, and even in that, there was minimal fault.

She’d already witnessed a first bite, and it had changed her whole consideration on just how violent an act this whole situation of eating breakfast was.  Now covered in fruit-flavored cream cheese, Anita was unable to free herself from the tasty pastry’s grasp, and even if she could, would not be able to get far on her damaged ankle.  Being something of a writer and artist, Anita had found a sort of beauty in the thought of being consumed by her precious daughter.  Lacey had come out of Anita’s womb almost two decades ago, and now that she was on the cusp of adulthood, Anita could think of no better way to serve her daughter in death, as to sustain her energy for another few hours.

If she was going to be eaten, she was going to be the healthiest, most beneficial breakfast Lacey had ever seen.  Her only hope was that Frank was safe somewhere.  Maybe he’d been consumed already, and they could meet for a final time inside of their unknowing daughter’s stomach.  A tear shed from her eye, she loved her family more than anything.

No more time for romantic thoughts of poetic demise.  The bagel’s ascent to Lacey’s lips had finally reached its culmination, and across the horizon of untoasted and lightly garnished bagel, Anita could see the soft pink lips of the goddess’ face appear.  Though she’d seen them hundreds of thousands of times, the sweet, soft lips that she used to kiss when Lacey was a little girl, there was something different now, even apart from the her first encounter with those lips.  Though relatively small in comparison to the rest of the face, they commanded an authority like no other.  Beyond them was the beginning of a terrible fate.  Teeth, tongue, saliva, gullet, and possibly the scariest of them all, the absolute darkness, all working together to create an atmosphere of ruin and destruction.

Reflecting on all of these things, Anita’s train of thought was derailed; that pink monster that previously sat dormant inside of the mouth introduced itself, barely slipping out to moisten the parched lips that kept it hidden and safe.  But now, it was awake.  Ending its sojourn across the titanic teens lips, those same lips responded by parting from each other slowly, and widening the passageway to Lacey’s inner-workings, the first step to digestion.

Anita began to shake, watching the events take place, the pain in her ankle both reminding her that all of this was real, and keeping her from fainting.  Just as the lips parted, a familiar, oppressive wind rolled over the bagel, and had she not been so permanently pasted to the bagel, would have sent her sprawling off of it.  As the hot, moist cavern unleashed a heavy dose of morning breath onto the miniscule woman about to become its prey, Anita also began to take note of the more intricate detail of Lacey’s mouth, as it opened wide enough to accept her.

Though her incisors were only barely visible, the tips of them on both bottom and top rows exposing themselves like a mountain range, she could see that they were not as pristine and white as she once believed them to be.  There was the slightly, most undetectable hint of imperfect color from plaque buildup.  Anita surmised that it was only because of her predicament that she was able to notice this, and quickly dismissed the idea that she hadn’t educated her daughter well enough in the dental arts.

Next, beyond those teeth, was the moist, fearsome tongue that had shown itself only a moment ago.  It rested patiently for her now, covered in saliva and ominously still.  It was mostly hidden by the darkness.  It then struck Anita that she would not get to witness her own death.  There was no light inside of Lacey’s mouth, nor was there any in her stomach, or anywhere else inside the nineteen year olds digestive system. 

Those lips parted farther still, until those powerful jaws were spread just barely wide enough for the teeth to pass over the top and bottom surfaces of the bagel.  Anita had gone virtually silent now; she could only hear the sound of her own breathing, even in the midst of Lacey’s.  The closer she got to Lacey’s mouth, the more detailed it became, until her lips moved out of her peripheral vision.  There was nothing left but to watch as the bagel continued forward hundreds of feet per second.  Above, the incisors loomed overhead, and the darkness of the mouth began to overtake the light of the kitchen.  No turning back or trying to escape now.  Anita turned to get a quick glance at the outside world again, now framed by Lacey’s teeth, and farther, her lips.  She noticed the fern planted in the corner of the kitchen, she had planned to water it today…maybe Lacey would get to it after breakfast.

Finally, that terrifying darkness had taken over completely, and those destructive incisors went into action, descending rapidly onto, and through the bagel.  Anita yelped in fear, and almost tried to move, but quickly remembered her inability to do that.  The teeth had gone several yards past her, and she could see thin slivers of light shining from between the teeth as they settled together, but even that only lasted for a moment, before the lips sealed Anita inside her daughter’s mouth.

A moment of stillness, tranquility, and peace.  Nothing moved, not that she would have seen it.  The mother could only hear the gentle sound of saliva dripping or splashing from one place to another inside the cavernous mouth.  She knew it would only last a moment.

And only a moment it lasted.  The blue-eyed blonde’s jaw shifted down, and the tongue, previously dormant until now, lifted from its still position, raising the bagel, and the mother atop it, and shifting to move them between the separated rows over massive teeth.  Though she couldn’t quite make out what was happening, Anita didn’t need to see it.  She hadn’t considered the thought of being chewed to death, like food, before being swallowed.  This was a whole new dynamic, and a scary one.

But she wasn’t food…she was a woman, a human being, a mother, a wife, a sister, among other things.  No matter how poetic it would have been to die as a victim of Lacey’s digestive system, it was not her fate.  She had to escape this place…for her daughter’s sake.

 

Chapter End Notes:

I had planned to make this the last chapter, but it looks like there will be a fourth.  Rate and Review please!  Thanks!