- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Normally, this is where you would get the intro to the story...I don't really do intros...so we get right into the action.  Don't ask why he was shrunken, most of us don't care anyway, right?

Lots of nose stuff in the first few chapters, but I will get to everything, promise.  Well, as long as you rate and review.

He decided he would give her a name.  Giving her a name made her easier to relate to, not so distant, less like a goddess, or a deity.  Giving her a name would allow them to become friends, and make this whole experience less horrific.  But then again, friends didn’t do this to each other, not real friends, not best friends.

Steven Bryant was never a terrible guy.  He spent most of his time alone.  Too shy to talk to women, most of his time was spent either at work, in the IT department of a local electronics company, or in the basement apartment of his parent’s house.   Still in college at 24, he had yet to move out.  Some people called him a shut-in, others, a creeper.  But Steven was none of those; he just lacked the motivation necessary to do anything other than people-watch during lunch, in the company break room.

All of that mattered very little though, now.  He had set a completely different set of goals…the first of which was to surmount the mountainous terrain that he’d gotten himself caught up in, with peaks and valleys, all soft, delicate, and white.  This last hill was the hardest to climb, because of its steep face.  But once he reached the top, he could literally hop off the top, and slide down the other side to arrive at his destination.

What he found upon arrival at the flat surface he’d arrived at was nothing short of breath -taking.  She was delicate; her skin must have been softer than the comforter she was curled up under.  The flesh, only slightly hinted of olive in color, was dotted with tiny freckles around her nose, which was well defined, and small.  Her eyes were closed, naturally, because she was fast asleep, but the lashes of each eyelid curled all on their own, without the help of synthetic products.  Finally, her mouth, accentuated by pink, pouted lips, was slightly parted.  She was breathing through it, and gave the occasional, cute, girlish little snore.  All across her face, short strands of brunette and bronzed hair shaped the rest of her face.

Steven took a step forward, his semi-long hair blowing in the wind as he approached her.  He felt a bedroom intruder, watcher her as she slept.  Sadly, however, he needed her.  She was his only hope.  She was his savior, his queen, his goddess, and she might as well have been his world.

Taking another step closer to her face, he felt a rumbling.  He hadn’t considered checking behind him, and it was a little too late, now.  In a moment, the goddess’ hand, which he had not noticed behind him, moved closer towards her face, which he was standing directly in front of.  Screaming was unnecessary, only action.  The hand in itself was so large that it immediately cast a shadow over him, her long fingers looming over him, each other which had to be half of a mile long.  Doing all he knew to do, Steven began running in the only logical direction; towards her face.  The incident was over as quickly as it began, the impact of her hand sending shockwaves through the surface of mattress.  The index finger landed within yards of the unwitting hero, threatening to crush him, yet, instead, catapulting him further towards his goddess’ face.

Feeling temporarily free from danger, Steven sat up to see his new surroundings, and he was chilled.  Turning around, to his left was that enormous mouth of hers, easily able to house an entire housing development, and its residents.  The lips, still parted, acted almost as a shield.  Were he any further away, he’d easily be caught in the torrent of wind she created with every breath.   To his right, two massive caves, one atop the other; her nostrils.  Her right nostril was resting against the mattress, her pillow having been abandoned over the course of the night.  It was as large and ominous as any cave he’d seen on television, and twice as threatening, leading to the more intricate workings of the woman’s respiratory system. 

Steven, the poor innocent man, had no idea that his lovely goddess was suffering from a slight cold.  At that moment, before the tiny adventurer had a chance to react, her lips sealed shut, and the goddess gave a quick sniffle.

Screaming still did no good, but completely caught off guard, Steven began to yell at the top of his lungs, as an updraft lifted his miniscule body into the air, and he looked right, just in time to watch as the nostrils of the petite brunette became a yawning cavern, and he would be its first human inhabitant. Darkness was all he knew, and his voice echoed off the fleshy, mucus lined walls of her nose. 

Tiny, microscopic nose hairs whipped across his body, ripping at his clothes, stinging his flesh, until he landed, in a dryer, much warmer climate.  He’d been inhaled, and was now trapped, lost within the twenty-six year olds nasal cavity. 

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoy.  Rating and Reviewing equals faster chapters.