- Text Size +

"You know, we don't know these wood well, we shouldn't go too far." I said.

 

"Why do you always worry about everything?" Amanda asked. 

I ignored her question and kept walking. While we were walking we heard a river near by. When we saw it I sat down by a rock while Amanda kept walking toward it. "You gonna go fishing?" I asked her.

 

"Hey at least I could catch a fish if I tried, unlike you." She said.

 

Before we moved there was a lake by where we lived. We tried going fishing a couple times but I was terrible at it. Amanda on the other hand could catch fish with just her claws. She enjoyed fishing but I just didn't have the patience to sit there and wait for fish to bite. Back in our old house Amanda didn't mind going out as much because people were used to her being there, but there was still the occasional kid going "Mommy, what's that?" and pointing at her. She said she didn't mind when the mother would apoligize (if she did) but I knew that it still hurt her a bit. There was also the nasty older kids that would make fun of her, she couldn't really do anything about them and if there were enough of them neither could I. When there was only one or two of them bothering her I would stand up to them.

 

"Can we go now?" Amanda asked me while I was busy thinking about the past.

 

"Alright, are we going back to the house?" I asked her.

 

"Do we have to?" she asked.

 

"Well as long as you remember the way home, we can go further." I said. "Besides I thought you didn't like going outside."

 

"I don't like to go outside where there are people, and yea I can get us back home later." She said. As we were walking I started to notice that Amanda was walking a little funny.

 

"Amanda are you feeling ok?" I asked.

 

"Yeah I'm fine, just a little headache." Amanda said.

 

"Maybe we should go back now, come on." I said. 

 

"Oh, but I'm going to be bored at home, nothing to do there." Amanda said.

 

"I'm sure we can find you a ball of yarn to play with at home" I said laughing.

 

"Wow, how original." She said. 

 

As we walked back to the house Amanda's walking started to look more and more like she was gonna fall over. I don't know if she didn't notice or she just didn't want to stop but she didn't even slow down. I looked at her and could event tell from her eyes that she was starting to feel weaker.  I asked her if she wanted to me to carry her home but she said she'd rather walk. Eventually she fell over. I couldn't really tell if she had a fever or anything so I just picked her up and started to carry her home. Since we were walking for a pretty long time we were pretty far from home. As I kept walking I felt like Amanda kept getting heavier, I started to get tired so I put her down stiting up against a tree in a clearing. I sat down against another tree facing her and hoped that she would be ok.

 

Amanda was always noticably shorter than me but when I looked at her she looked taller than me. I figured that it was nothing. I knew I was wrong when she started to grow even bigger. At first it was slow and steady but as she got bigger she grew faster. It was a good thing that we were still pretty deep in the woods so no one was around to see her like this. Amanda kept getting bigger and bigger until she looked to be about a hundred feet tall. I was in shock but the first thing that popped into my head was that I knew I wouldn't be able to carry her any further, I walked up to her boot and saw that the sole was easially twice my size. As I absorbed the fact that my little sister was now a giantess I also noticed that she started to wake up.

 

"A-Anthony? What happened?" Amanda asked.

 

"Um-nothing just don't move ok?" I said.

 

"Why, whats going on?" She asked. "Why are you so small?"

 

"I'm not small, you're really, really big." I said.

 

"I can barely hear you. You need to come up here." She said while reaching down for me.

 

"No-" was all I could get in before I felt the tips of her claws on either side of me. She gently picked me up off the ground and slowly held me at her eye level.

 

"Amanda, please don't drop me, just put me in the palm of your other hand." I said really nervously.

 

"Ok calm down, I'll be as gentle as possible." Amanda said. As I was still between her claws I looked down and saw how high I really was it was unbelievable. Amanda set me down on her palm and it was like being on the grass bcause of her fur. "So, what do we do now?" she asked me.

 

"I don't know, should we go home?" I asked her.

 

"No we can't!" She shouted.

 

"Arghh my ears, Amanda you have to be quiet." I said.

 

"Why we are in the middle of the forest no one is around here." She said.

 

"You are a hundered feet tall now, I'm betting that your voice travels a lot farther now, and my ears are hurting real bad now." I said.

 

"Oh, sorry bro." She said.

 

"It's alright although now we are gonna need a lot more yarn to keep you entertained now..." I said. I saw that she was starting to get really upset. "I didn't mean to make you upset, are you ok?"

 

"No, it's not you." She said

 

"Then what is it?" I asked.

 

"Well I was already thought to be a freak because I wasn't human but now I'm a giant and can't even hide in my house." She said with tears coming down her eyes.

 

"You know, no one will bother you for being different if you are this big, they'd be too scared of you." I said.

 

"Thanks for trying but you aren't helping that much." She said. "I just really with I was at least normal sized." As she said that I felt really bad that there wasn't a thing I could do to help her. I was thinking of anything that could help but my mind was blank and she was too upset to think of a solution. While I was sitting there I started to notice that her hand didn't look as big as it did a moment ago. It was shrinking, only problem was that I was still sitting on it. 

 

"Amanda! Put me on the ground, your shrinking!" I shouted to her. It took her a few seconds to wipe her eyse with her free hand, but when she did she bent down and laid her hand on the floor for me to get off. I was actually happy that her hand had fur on it because it made it easy to climb down. Even though she was shrinking her hand was still bigger than most cars and her fingers were like tree trunks. When I looked back at Amanda's face she looked so happy to be going back to normal size. The shrinking happened the same way as the growing, it started slow and got faster with time.

 

When Amanda was finally back to her original height of 5' 2" she ran up to me and gave me a big hug. I was glad to see her so happy but I was somewhat scared of her now. "Hey Amanda, can you hold out your hand?" I asked.

 

"Um sure, but why?" She said.

 

"I just want to see something." I said. She did as I asked and held out her hand. "How is it that not even ten minutes ago I was sitting in this hand and it was the size of a truck?"

 

"I'm just glad it's over." she said.

 

"We don't know that for sure. Maybe we should tell someone." I said.

 

"No, please don't! I don't want anyone else finding out about this. Promise me you won't tell anyone?" She asked.

 

"Alright, I wont say anything, but don't go off and grow again ok?" I said.

 

"I'll do my best." She said as we walked back to the house.