- Text Size +

a279;The ground felt cold when I woke up. I was confused because the last thing I remembered was Amanda and I walking back to the shed and the cube in my hand glew really bright and we couldn't move anymore. I looked over and Amanda was still on the ground. I still had the bag with me and it stil had everything in it. Although I noticed that the cube I had was gone. I put the bag on the floor and stood up on the metal floor to try and figure out what happened. I saw that The room we were in was completely made of metal and was also really dusty. There was nothing in the room except for a computer and a glass orb. I walked over to it to see what it was doing in a room like this. It looked to me like a nice computer, not that I knew much about computers, but it looked really high tech. Then I noticed something familiar in the orb, the metal cube was in it. Amanda started to get up and I went over to help her. "What happened?" She asked.

"I'm not sure, but we sure as hell aren't in our backyard anymore." I said.

"I can see that, but where are we?" She asked.

"Don't know, but we should probably find a way out." I said. We started looking around the walls of the room and Amanda saw that there was a door to get out of this room, just no way to open it. There was no handle or knob. 

"Well now what?" She asked.

"Now we find a way to open it." I said.

"Alright, but the only other thing in here is that computer." she said. I walked over to the computer and pressed what I thought to be a power button. The computer turned on and I waited for it to power up. Amanda walked over to see what I was doing and said, "Anthony you aren't a master hacker, I doubt that you can get the door open like this." I ignored her and when the computer turned on I attempted to get it open. We heard a loud click and the door started to open. "Wow, where'd you learn to use computers like that?" She asked.

"It's not that hard to click on a little box that says open door." I said smiling as I picked up the bag. I started to walk towards the door and Amanda followed. We saw that this room that we were in was actually not a part of the building. The building was huge, like bigger than a warehouse. Amanda and I were standing on some sort of platform it looked a lot like the night table in our room but longer and wider. We started walking around to try and see where we were. It was pretty dark so I couldn't see, but Amanda didn't seem to mind much. I assumed that since she was part cat she could see a lot better in the dark than me. While we were walking I noticed that there were some test tubes and other machines and tools that looked normal just at a much larger scale. There seemed to be everything you'd find in a lab at a larger scale. Then Amanda found something that was covered up by a cloth. She lifted the cloth to see what was under it and screamed. I ran over to her and asked her what happened.

"U-under the c-c-cover." She said nervously.

I walked over to the large covered box that Amanda was scared by. Lifting the cover I was surprised by what I saw. Under the cover there was a glass wall, it looked like it was a glass box with a metal top and bottom that was about ten feet high. The box itelf wasn't was scared Amanda, it was what was inside it that did that. Inside the box there were skeletons, that looked a lot like human's. There was something different about them though, their skills weren't normal. Almost every one of them had muzzles and a few even had what looked like beaks, all of them however looked like humans otherwise. I looked back at Amanda but saw that she wasn't there. "Amanda? Where'd you go?" I shouted.

"I'm down here!" She called back. i looked over the edge of the platform we were on and saw that Amanda was on the ground.

"How did you get down there?" I asked.

"I climbed down the pole." She said pointing to one of the poles that was holding the platform up.

"You could've gotten hurt, why'd you go down there?" I asked.

"I wanted to see what was down here." She said.

"Well now I have to come down, so hold on." I said going toward the pole.

"You can just jump down can't you?" She asked me.

"I don't know, it looks like a long fall." I said.

"Well then jump onto the platform that's next to that platform and come down here." She said pointing to my left. 

There was a lower platform and I knew that the jump from there to the groung would be fine so I jumped there and then to the ground. However by the time I was on the ground Amanda was already walking to a crack in the wall that had light shining trhough it. It was big enough to fit through it and so Amanda walked through it and I followed when I got there. When we walked through we saw bunch of people but they weren't normal, two things were different about them, one they were all half animal half human just like Amanda and I and two, they were all fifty feet tall. While we were looking up at them one stopped, they looked like a panther and were clearly female. She looked down at us and had an evil smile, then she lifted her foot and was about to step on us but I pulled Amanda back into the building we were in and we were safe. However she stomped the ground next to us so hard that we felt it shake. I looked outside the crack and still saw giant furry paws going by but it seemed like the one that tried to step on us was gone. "What just happened?" Amanda asked.

"Well we almost got stepped on by a giant panther girl." I said.

"But that isn't possible." She said.

"Well then you go and tell that to the giant paw that nearly crushed us a few moments ago." I said.


"No I mean how is it that those people were like us?" She asked.


"Maybe that little cube took us somewhere that isn't on earth." I said.


"But then why are thay so big?" She asked.


"Well I think that there might be some that are small because those skeletons we saw earlier were of people that were half animal and they were our size." I said.


"Your size, I can be as big as those people outside." She said.


"Amanda, I don't think that everyone here can change sizes so I think it'd be best if you just stayed small until we find someone to help us." I said.


"How are we going to do that? You just saw someone go out of their way to try and stomp on us." she said. "Wouldn't we be safer if I was their size?"


"Well we will have to find somewhere you can grow and stay unnoticed." I said.


"Aren't we in some abandoned building?" She asked.


"Yes, but other than that hole in the wall there isn't any way out." I said. After I said that, I finally made the connection that this must've been a lab for people who were the same size as the people that were outside. I didn't want to say anything though because Amanda probably already put that together.


"Well let's go outside and find someplace then." She said.


"Now isn't a good time." I said.


"Why not?" She asked.


"If you didn't notice there are dozens of giants out there, we could easily get crushed under one of their paws and they aren't going to be watching for us or anything. Plus another thing, if you saw the sun was high meaning it was morning. This looks just like a city on earth so if I'm right then everyone is probably going to work right now so if we wait there will be less people." I said.


"Alright then what do we do until then?" She asked.


"Just wait here, it can't be too long." I said.


"Hey, how is it morning if when we were transported it was almost afternoon?" Amanda asked me.


"Different planet." I said. We sat there for another ten minutes and waited. Eventually I decided that I would go out and check for some place we could run to outside rather than waiting here.


"Wait, I'm coming too." Amanda said.


"No, you stay here." I said.


"Why? You could get stepped on just as easially as I could." She said.


"Well if one of them accidentally steps on me I would probably be ok as long I didn't get trampled and I'm used to avoiding giants." I said.


"At least we know my games were good for something." She said. "Alright, but if you get hurt then I'm coming out there and growing so I can get you no matter hoe much attention it draws alright?"


"Ok that sounds good." I said. I walked to the hole and noticed that there were a few less people but it still wasn't too safe. I ran out there and started looking around while trying to avaid paws. As it turns out there was an alley almost directly across the street. It wasn't visible to us when we were looking through the hole though. I was going back to the building where Amanda was waiting and right before I went in I was stepped on by one of the passing people. I was fine, thankfully they weren't trying to hurt me like that other one was before.


I walked in and Amanda asked, "That was cutting it a little close wasn't it?"


"Yeah I guess, but I found a place we can go." I said. Getting stepped on did actually hurt a little but not enough to really care about it. Probab;ly because it was only for a second though.


"Where is it?" She asked.


"It's right there between those two buildings." I said pointing to the alley that I saw.


"Alright well should we go now?" she asked.


"I'm not sure, I got stepped on and I was being careful. Plus you can't get stepped on like I can remember." I said.


"I'm not completely helpless you know." she said starting to get a little annoyed.


"No I'm not saying that you are, I just don't want you to get hurt..." I said.


"Thanks, but I think we can make it." She said.


I had the feeling that she would've gone weather or not I approved so I just agreed with her and when i thought it was the best time with the fewest people we made a run for it. I could see that Amanda was worried about getting stepped and she was being careful by looking up every few seconds. We made it to the alley with no problem. As it turns out it went behind one of the buildings so I told Amanda that we should walk there just to be safe. When we were behind the buildings Amanda grew and picked me up. She didn't have any pockets so she just kept me in her fist. it was cramped and I couldn't move but when I complained about it she said, "It's either this or in my boot." I didn't think I'd last very long being put in her boot so I just decided to keep still. Amanda walked down the street and saw that everything seemed just like it did back home just bigger. To me at least, to her (at this size) eveything was normal. Amanda whispered to me, "Where am I supposed to be going?"


"I don't know, where do you think we should go?" I asked her. Amanda could barely hear me since I was in her closed fist.


"I'm hungry." She said.


"Well all I have is this bag and we have no money so we can't buy anything." I said.


"Your older, figure something out or I will be snacking on wolf tonight." She said.


"Alright, alright." I said. "Here, go find another alley so we can figure this out." Amanda didn't respond but I assumed that she heard me. She took us to an alley that was next to some fast food place. Amanda sat down on the ground and opened her fist so that I could see her face. When Amanda opened her hand I started to smell the scent from the fast food place. "Why would you bring us somewhere that I would smell food to think?" I asked her.


"I can barely smell any of it." She said.


"I'm part wolf, I have a stronger sense of smell remember?" I asked.


"Well sorry but you said you'd think of something, so start thinking." She said.


"I don't know what we are going to do, all we have are two blankets two collars and two toys." I said taking them all out of the bag.


"Um Anthony?" Amadna said picking up the blankets.


"Yes?" I said.


"These aren't blankets." She said.


"Well then what are they?" I asked.


"They look to me like money." She said unfolding them and reading them carefully.


"Yeah, each of them are two hundred and fifty units." She said.


"Units?" I asked.


"Yeah, that must be the currency here." She said.


"Well is that a lot?" I asked her.


"It could be, or it could be like yen back on earth." She said.


"Well there's only one way to find out." I said.


"And whats that?" She asked.


"Go into the food place next to us and buy us food with it." I said.


"Alright but what do I do with you?" she asked.


"What do you mean, just keep me in your hand like before." I said.


"I can't if I'm going in a store to buy something I'll need both hands." She said.


"Alright then just leave me here and come back." I said.


"I don't know id that's safe maybe I should keep you in my boot." She said taking one of them off. She picked me up by my tail and held me over the boot and I could smell her foot's scent.


"Amanda, please don't put me in there I don't want to lose my appetite now." I said.


"Fine, but you'd better not go anywhere." She said putter her boot back on and getting up.


"I won't." I said as I sat down on the ground and put the toys and collars back into the bag. When Amanda walked by another person she actually looked shorter than them. It was so strange to see that even at this size there were people that were taller than her. Amanda was taking a long time so I decided to lean against the wall and wait there for her to come back.