- Text Size +

That night, I dreamt a strange dream. I dreamt of the day that I found Amanda. The strange thing was I couldn't remember what happened before I actually found her. It was as if nothing had happened then. Or maybe I started there, I don't really remember too well. I lied there thinking about it for a while, still on Amanda's paw. When I woke up I actually thought that everrything that happened the previous day was another dream. I kinda wish that it was. I didn't want to really to stay part wolf forever. I was just sitting on her paw thinking. Eventually I felt Amanda move. "Hey Anthony, I don't want to hurt you, where are you?" She asked.


"I'm on your paw." I said.


She laughed and said, "Of course you are, I don't know why I bothered asking."


"Shut up, I was tired and didn't feel like going to my bed. Plus your pawpads are really soft." I said.


"Well you're awake now, why don't you get off?" She asked."I don't wanna, it's real comfortable." I said."So you admit you like my feet?" She asked.


"No, I'm just saying they are comfortable." I said. Then she turned over so that I would fall off her foot.


"Hey, what was that for?" I asked."Until you admit you like my feet you don't get to relax on them." She said.


"Fine then, be that way. I have a bed you know." I said."I'm not putting you there." She said.


"I think I can take the jump down." I said. I walked over to the edge of her bed. It wasn't as far a fall as when she dropped me so I assumed that I would be fine.


"No, I don't want you getting hurt. I'll put you you by your bed." She said, but I had already jumped down. "Anthony, are you ok?" She asked.


"Yeah, I'm fine." I said. I walked up to the night table and climbed the stairs to where my bed was. I walked to the edge of the night table and looked down at Amanda. Even though I was higher up she was still gigantic to me, the only reason I could look down at her was because she was laying down.


"Hm, so since you're part wolf you seem less breakable." She said.


"Yeah, I guess I am stronger." I said.


"Maybe, but not any smarter." She said.


"What do you me-" I was interupted by her snatching me up in her hand. She put her index finger and tumb on my tail and dangled me by it.


"See not too smart to stand in a giant's reach is it?" She said as she placed me back by her feet. "Don't go anywhere this time, you have to keep rubbing until you decide to admit that you like them."


"Amanda, I want to go and take a shower now." I said. She didn't say anything, she just wiggled her toes. I knew that the only reason she was doing this was because today was saturday and I didn't have to go to school. I started rubbing her feet again and she was enjoying it, but she was sitting up now, and she was keeping an eye on me so that I wouldn't go anywhere. Every now and then though, she would close her eyes. I thought that if I waited for the right time I could jump off the bed and run outside. She would have to stay normal sized outside. I watched her eyes and as soon as they closed I ran to the edge of the bed and jumped off. Amanda was surprised and she tried to grab me, but since she wasn't expecting me to do that she couldn't catch me. I ran for the door and got there pretty quick, Amanda got up off the the bed and walked towards me. I reached for the doorknob and stopped. Amanda stood there confused about why I just stopped at the closed door. I looked at my reflection in the doorknob and rembered how I didn't want anyone to see me. The feeling of being different from everyone sank back into my mind. My ears went down on my head and I turned around and sat down by the door. Amanda saw me and slowed down, she walked over to me and sat down. She gently picked me up and stroked the back of my neck with her finger. I looked up at her and she said, "You'll get used to the feeling."


"I-I'm fine, and I changed my mind I'd rather stay here and rub your feet." I said.

"You were the one who always told me that I couldn't hide in here forever." She said.


She was right. I did say that to her, but I never pictured myself in her place. I looked away from her and mumbled "I still want to stay inside."


"I know you do, I do too. But we can't stay here forever." Amanda said as she placed me on the ground and shrank down to her normal size. I looked at Amanda and she said, "I'm not going to make you go outside but I think you should." She put her boots on, opened the door and walked out. I thought about what she said, and I knew that if she wanted to make me go out she easially could make herself big and throw me outside knowing that I probably wouldn't even get hurt from it. She could, but that wasn't the point, she wanted me to willingly follow her. I decided that it would be better to go with her. I walked out of the shed and met up with Amanda. We decided to go for a walk in the woods, since there really wasn't much else to do. Amanda and I followed the usual path and for a while we both were quiet.


Eventually I asked, "So why did you change your mind about going outside, you usually don't go out unless you have too."


"I don't know, I guess it was having someone like me that changed my mind." She said.


"Oh, ok. Does this mean that you are ok with going out where there are other people?" I asked.


"Think of it this way, would you want to go out where there are others?" She asked me.


"No." I said.


"Well then you know how I feel about it." She said. "By the way, you should've worn shoes or something."


"Why, shouldn't my pawpads stop me from getting hurt?" I said looking down at my feet.


"Probably, but if you don't wear shoes then they get hard instead of staying soft like mine." She said.


"Well you have to keep yours soft because I like to sleep on them. No one sleeps on my paws, so I dont really think I have to worry about it." I said.


Then she said, "You're lucky that I usually wear shoes. You know, I wonder how it would feel to wear you in one of my shoes." while looking at her boots.


"I'd rather you didn't try it." I said.


"I don't think I can, because I can't shrink you. All I can do is get bigger." She said.


"You do know that I'm not a toy right?" I asked.


"Yeah I know, but you could make a nice insole." She said, still focused on her boots.

"Well there's only one of me and you have two feet, so how are you going to wear me in both?" I asked.

"Oh, that's right... Well maybe John will volunteer as the other." She said.
"I don't think he'd like that, and neither would I." I said.

"Don't worry, neither of you will have a choice. Maybe we could play another round of cat and mouse, this time with two mice." She said.
"Why would we have to be the mice, when you're shorter than both of us at your normal height?" I asked.
"You guys have to be the mice because I like being the cat, plus I'm the only one who is part cat and I can grow bigger than both of you." She said.

I shook my head and said, "Good luck getting him to agree to play."

"Hey, I got you to play." she said.

"No, you made me play. And its hard to say I'm not going to play to a giant that's chasing you." I said.

"You can't say that you didn't have at least some fun." She said.

I thought about it for a mintue, and I suppose that without the fear of being put back in her mouth it would've been an ok game. So I said, "I guess it was a little fun."

We both kept walking for a while, and eventually I said, "Hey we should be heading back."

"Alright, fine." She said.

We walked for a while until I stepped on some glass and cut my paw. "Ow, I stepped in something!"

I sat down and Amanda said, "I told you you should've worn shoes, your pawpads arent gonna protect you from glass."

"It's hurts to walk now." I said. 

"I can imagine, well I have an idea." She said as she grew to fifty feet tall. She picked me pack and put me in her palm. "See, now I can carry you home."

"Aren't you worried that someone will see you?" I asked.

"I don't really think that anyone will be around to see us, besides we'll get home quicker this way." She said as she walked home with me in her palm. When we got there we noticed out parents were home early. I wanted to go back inside and I asked Amanda to put me down, but she closed her hand and kept me in her fist. Amanda walked up to the house and tapped the door with the claw on the index finger of her free hand. She made sure to tap lightly so she wouldn't break the door. I just sat there in her closed fist and waitied for her to let me go. Both our parents came outside and asked Amanda why she wasn't normal size.

"I carried Anthony back because he cut his foot on some glass when we were walking" She said.

"Well why wasn't he wearing shoes?" Our father asked.

"He didn't think he'd need them." She said.

"Where is he anyway?" He asked.

"Right here." She said as she put her fist on the ground and opened her hand to show me sitting there.

Our parents looked at me for a little while. "How did this happen?" Our father asked.

"Well I wasn't feeling well all day yesterday and when I came back here after school I passed out." I said.

"I put him on his bed ans while he was passed out he started to change." Amanda added.

"Are you feeling alright now?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just look different." I said.

"We can see that, but I meant are you hurt Amanda said you cut your foot." He said

"Don't worry about it, I'll be fine its just a cut." I said. After a few minutes of no one saying anything they said they had to go do something and they went inside. Amanda shrank down and we walked back to the shed. I limped a little trying to stay off the hurt paw. We got inside and Amanda grew right back up to her standerd fifty feet tall. "Why do you like to grow any time you have the chance?" I asked.

"I told you, its fun being bigger." She said, picking me up by my tail. "Hey, you know since you like me now do you think you can grow too?"

"I don't know, I haven't thought about it, how do you do it?" I asked.

"I'm not sure I want you to be as big as me." She said.

"Come on, teach me how to grow like you." I said.

"But if your as big as me I won't be able to make you do things like rub my feet." She said.

"You know I don't mind doing that for you, besides we don't even know if I can. And one more thing, can you put me in your hand or something, it's kind of annoying when you dangle me by my tail." I said.

"Well if we find out that you can grow, this might be the last time I get to dangle you by your tail." She said.

"What a shame." I said sarcastiaclly.


"I know isn't it." She said as she put me in the ground.


"Ok, so what do I do?" I asked eager to try.


"Calm down, all you do is try and focus your mind on getting bigger and it should work." She said.


"Really it's that easy? I could've figured that out myself." I said and Amanda sat down indian style next to me to see if it would work.


I stood there focusing as best I could, but nothing happened. I stood there for a while trying to grow but I couldn't at all. Eventually Amanda said, "Guess you can't grow big."


"I guess not." I said.


"That's too bad." She said sarcastically. I knew that she liked me better at my size and she stood back up over me just to emphasize the size difference.


I looked up and said, "Your lucky, you get to be big." She didn't say anything, but she picked me up and put me in her palm. I fet something itching me on my arm. I felt my arm and saw that I had a mosquito bite there under my fur. "I didn't even know mosquito's could bite us."


"Yeah, it's pretty rare, but they do sometimes." She said.


"Well it itches now." I said scratching it with my claws.


"Don't scratch it too hard with your claws or you might break the skin." She said.


"I think that I'll know when I'm going to cut myself with my own nails." I said. A moment later though, a drop of blood fell from my arm.


"Told you so, it took me some time to learn to just ignore mosquito bites, and I think that my claws are sharper than yours." she said.


I looked up at her and looked back at my arm, I didn't see any more blood coming from it. I knew it was a really small cut but I moved my fur to see and there was not cut at all there. I was sitting in Amanda's hand and I looked down at my foot and the cut was gone there too. Amanda asked me what I was doing and I told her that both my cuts were gone. She looked a bit confused and she said, "I know that any cuts I got healed pretty fast, but not as fast as yours did."


"It's like my body was designed to get hurt and just heal or take whatever pain I needed to." I said.


"Well how come my body's no stronger than any normal person's?" Amanda asked.


"It might have someting to do with the fact that you can grow to giant size and I can't." I said.


"Oh well in that case, I prefer being bigger." She said.


"I don't think we had the option." I said. She walked over to her bed and lied down on it. I expected her to put me by her feet but she just left me in her hand as she rested it next to herself on the bed.