- Text Size +

“Erik,” Maria said in shock of her newly mountainous brother.   “You have grown and you’re big.”  Maria seemed shocked by Erik’s new size even though it was expected.  To Erik, Maria appeared to be the size of a child’s plaything even though he was still seated by the cinders. 

“Fully grown now,” Erik said with a smirk and Maria smiled as she looked up into her brother’s eyes to see that they are now the same color as the two other giants.  Erik’s face seemed slender just like to rest of him but Maria suspected Erik to be taller than her giant now as she noticed the length of the garments.

“How does it feel brother?” Maria asks aware of the sleeping giants and little girl.

“I feel stronger and more alive.  I see and hear everything around me more clearly than before,” Erik quietly tells his sister.  Erik slowly stood up, feeling a little unsteady in his nearly enlarged frame but he managed to stay on his two bare feet.  Maria gasped as she looked up at Erik.  Erik was wearing Jakob’s borrowed garments noticed that the legs of his pants went up a few inches higher than should be.  Then Maria fretted.

“I have no time to fix this,” Maria said as she grabbed the cuff of Erik’s borrowed pants.  Erik just smiled down at his diminutive sister who was only as tall as his mid-calf.  He wanted to laugh but reframed from it.  “And shoes dear brother.  Where are we ever going to find shoes big enough to fit those feet?” Maria joked with a big smile on her face.

Erik took his sister by surprise when he picked her up and held her in the crook of his arm.  “The same place we’re going to get shoes to fit these feet,” Erik said as he gingerly removed Maria’s shoe.  She yelped and kicked at her brother’s large hand.  Then she giggled at Erik who smiled at her.  “Soon sister you will get your turn.  Till then, I’m going to enjoy being your big brother,” Erik playfully tells her as he gently puts her shoe back on and puts Maria back down on the ground.

“It should be soon from the way Jakob talks.  He said the forest isn’t far.  The taller trees and the larger animals are a sign and I’ve noticed some large birds flying around,” Maria said as she looked up at the sky.

“Papa,” Erik heard his daughter moan in her early morning slumber.  Erik went back to sitting on the ground close to where Elisa lays.  Erik gently picked up the sleeping form and held her in his palm.  Elisa was so small to him now as he gently rocked her.  This had Erik content.  He even tucked the blanket around her.

“I am here my child.  I am big enough to protect you,” Erik whispered to her as he gently stroked the small bundle but to Maria, Elisa looked anything but small.

Marta awoke to Erik sitting next to her, holding his daughter but not in a way Marta ever thought possible.  She smiled at Erik who was gently humming to the small form in his palm.  Erik seemed much bigger than Marta ever imagined as she studied his new growth.  Erik took his free hand and caressed the giantess’s cheek.  Marta couldn’t believe the size of his hand.

“I am a giant now,” Erik whispered to her as she looked into his intense gaze to find that his blue eyes were much lighter now and his face much thinner.  He looked more like a giant than the human she fell in love with.  Marta wasn’t sure of what she thought of the new Erik.  Erik noticed this in her eyes and gave her an unsure look.  “Do you not like me like this?” Erik asks her and Marta gives him a gentle smile.

“Much more,” she says and kisses his hand.  Erik all the sudden felt right to her.

Jakob looked upon the new giant with startled eyes.  Erik grew quite a bit overnight.  He barely came to Marta’s shoulders before he went to sleep the night before and now Erik was a few inches taller than Jakob and also a bit broader.  Jakob then realized that his boot heel gave him some extra height leaving Erik to be even taller with his bare feet.  Jakob suspected this much for Erik always appeared taller than the other humans so it only made sense that he would be a tall giant as well.  Jakob also realized how much nicer it was going to be to have an extra set of strong hands around to help him with the cabin and the upcoming expansion. 

“You are my brother,” Jakob tells the new giant and gave Erik a hug.  “This is cause for celebration and for a much shorter journey.”

Marta started feeling guilty when she saw the very small yet very happy Maria.  Marta knew that she must tell the small human of her misdeed.  Maria will know once Little Elisa awakens.  Marta’s only experience with children had only been recently when she helped the villagers.  To Marta, just like with the average humans, they all seem small and delicate.  Marta couldn’t tell the size difference between a five year old and a seven year old, to Marta they all looked far too fragile.

The two giant men laughed and celebrated.  Marta looked somber.  Maria noticed this as the smile on her face turned to concern for the giantess.

“What is wrong, Marta?  Are you not happy for my brother?” Maria looked up at the giantess and asked.  Marta hung her head low, avoiding Maria’s gaze.

“I am, it just that…”

“What Marta?”

“I did something wrong,” Marta mumbled.

“What is it?” Maria asked.

“Aunt Maria,” a small voice moaned.  The bundle that had been Elisa was waking up.  The little girl stood up and Maria gasped at the sight of her three year old niece.  Elisa stood as tall as a child twice her age.

“I have been giving Elisa Black Forest water,” Marta admitted. 

Maria walked over to her niece who was still wearing one of her tunics.  Maria still couldn’t believe her eyes as she got closer to the tot.  Elisa would have looked the right size in Ansel and Gerta’s arms but not hers.  Elisa body even took on the slim characteristics of Marta, Jakob and even her father despite her cherub face.  Elisa eyes even looked different, blue as the sky.  Elisa looked up at her aunt and noticed she didn’t have to look as high.  The little girl then giggled.

“Aunt Maria, you look little to me,” Elisa pointed out.

“You have been growing Elisa?” Maria asked the giantess.  Marta looked away, ashamed.  Maria then understood the giantess’s motive.  “You’ve been growing Elisa for Erik.  You want Erik to have his daughter,” Maria said in a gentle voice as she patted Marta’s calf.  “You truly love my brother.”

Marta looked down at Maria.  Maria seemed sincere to the giantess.  Maria looked at Marta with sad yet kind eyes.  “You want to make Elisa your daughter and give her a mother’s love.  Just like the love your own mother gave you before you left her,” Maria said as Marta began to cry.

“I didn’t mean to,” she sobbed.  “I couldn’t wait till we were home.”

Erik put his arm around Marta and pulled her close to him.  As a human, Erik thought Marta was far too delicate for a giantess and now that he is a giant himself, this only confirmed his thoughts.  To Erik, Marta is a small and delicate creature unlike his sister who was tall and sure much like the stock he came from.  Erik gently kissed her forehead.  Marta felt protected for the first time in her adult life.  Erik was like a warm blanket to her as she took in his scent.

“My little Marta,” Erik whispered in her ear.  “I love you.”

“I love you too,” Marta quietly sobbed.  She looked up into his intense blue eyes.  Erik touched her cheek and held her.  Marta never thought she would have the strong arm of another giant encircle her.  Erik leaned down and kissed her cheek.  Marta moved until their lips met.  Erik guided Marta as he officially gave Marta the giantess’s first kiss.  Marta was stiff at first and then relaxed.  She put her arms around Erik’s neck and gave in.  Soon she was in rhythm with her giant.

“Papa, does this mean Marta my Momma?” Elisa's little voice asked.  Erik and Marta broke from the kiss and laughed.  Marta buried herself into Erik chest as he held her close.

“Someday, my sweet,” Erik said as he smiled gently at his little girl.