- Text Size +

Sven had an idea that might possibly save some of the humans.  He felt the town empty out and head for the mountains.  The military was well aware of this and so were quite a few young soldiers who didn’t agree with raiding the giants’ home.  Sven knew that he would be compromising the titans cover by punching a small hole into the ceiling of the bunker but if it could save a few more lives, it was worth it to the titan.  Phoebe Anderson looked like a fifty-five foot sixteen year old.  It was only a matter of time before she wakes.  Sven also worried about the three curious titans as he made plans for the trip to Olympus base.  Phoebe and the twins will be like curious children instead of adult titans.  Tomas is also much bigger than his father.  Sven hoped that this wouldn’t be a problem.

The giants were fools to use metals that might as well been made of tin to the titans.  Sven punched a small hole with his finger on the ceiling of the receiving bunker big enough for a human man to fit through.  Sven knew that the soldiers were ordered to check every inch of the campus.  Sven has no intentions of using his powers on the soldiers.  He wanted them to discover the titans fairly.  Since the titans slept on the floor, Sven made an excuse to Jane that he found a breach in the storeroom and he needed to guard it.  Jane wasn’t too happy when she spied the hole but agreed to Sven’s idea.

Sven lies down on the cement floor using parachutes as his pillow.  Sven missed the days of his warm and inviting bed.  Being a titan had its downfalls in mainly no more simple pleasures.  Being a titan meant living off of very little.  Sven hated being a titan.  He felt that titans were far too powerful for their own good.  He secretly worked on a way to strip the titans of their extraordinary powers.  He found of no way to shrink their physical forms without killing them but he was close to finding a way to rid the titans of their talents and bringing them back to being no more superior than a giant or a human.

Sven quickly falls asleep as he hears two human soldiers outside the bunker.  He smiled when he notice the line coming through the hole into the pitch black bunker.  His titan vision is strong.  He closed his eyes and waited.

“Jesus Garrett!  There’s the big blond one just below us.  His size looks double the size,” the young private said to his partner.

“Dandridge you fool!  They can hear you.  We have to stay quiet and keep our thoughts clear.  These monsters are capable of doing anything,” Tom Garrett tells his partner as he looks down through his high powered night vision goggles.  “He looks like he’s asleep.  We need to be very careful.”

Private Glen Dandridge nodded.  Both men are just barely in their twenties and got drafted into service.  A lot of young men and women were getting drafted after the evolution of the middle aged.  Quite a few of these young people went AWOL when they were left alone.  Tom Garrett and Glen Dandridge were two such young men but the convoys were being watched by seasoned snipers.

The boys quietly made their way down the line.  Dandridge gasped at the sight of the monstrous giant peacefully sleeping.  A braid thicker than any rope coiled along the giants neck held together by a rope thicker than the lines the boys came down on.  He also had a blond beard like he has not shaved in a while.  The giant appeared to have his head on a pile of several parachutes that appeared to be stitched together.  The giant only wore a pair of navy and white shorts with the Gaea House logo on the leg.  The shorts were like the type bikers wore.  White fabric and piping ran along the side of muscular thighs and met at the waist.  The creature moaned and moved slightly making both Garrett and Dandridge jump as they cautiously approach the monster.

“Jesus Garrett, this dude has to be well over fifty feet.  Look at those pecks and arms.  He could take down a high rise in one blow with those,” Dandridge whispered.  Garrett hushed him as he stepped ahead on the private.

“What are you doing?  We were told to just investigate,” Dandridge whispered loudly at his partner.  Garrett hushed him again and preceded closer to the sleeping giant.  Garrett wasn’t quite sure of the monstrous giant slumbering before him.  There had to be a reason the giants of Gaea House kept this guy a secret.  Then he remembered this monster movie he watched as a child.  Maybe this giant was like those mindless creatures.  Hell bent on destroying humanity and anything else in its path.  There was no denying that this guy was Sven Lindquist, the Swede that was supposed to be deported for drug smuggling, although he appeared much younger than his pictures on file.

Garrett made it a few feet from the giant’s face.  Garrett felt small next to the large visage that loomed in front of him.  Garrett was ready to turn back when two gigantic eyes stared at him.  Garrett froze in horror, unaware of the large hand ready to grab him.  Dandridge screamed like a girl but found that he couldn’t run as the giant’s foot stopped shortly a few feet in front of him.  Sven moved swiftly as he stood up with one soldier in his grasp and the other trying to escape.

“Quiet,” Sven whispered and the two soldiers complied.  Sven bent down and grabbed Dandridge who was shaking like a leaf.  Sven didn’t like handling humans against their will but he had no other choice.  “I can’t have you waking up the others.  There are two curious titans that would have their way with you if I let them.  You will be doing yourselves a favor by staying quiet and keeping your thoughts empty,” Sven said.  Garrett and Dandridge nodded in reply.  Both soldiers were amazed that the Swede spoke with no accent.  They both could also tell that the giant was keeping his voice as low as possible not only so the other giants can’t hear him but also for the benefit of the soldier’s eardrums.

“What do you want with us?” Garrett boldly asked the mammoth giant who was now holding them level with his face in the pitch black storeroom.  Sven smiled and the boys knew the giant could not only sense but see their frightened reaction.  

“You have nothing to fear from me.  Besides American food gives me indigestion,” Sven whispered with a playful grin.  The soldiers were still fearful of the giant.  “Seriously, I want to save you from destruction.  Calvin Harper is planning genocide to the human race.”

“Genocide, that’s madness!” Garrett said in a whisper.  “You mentioned titans earlier?”

“We are the true end product of the great evolution.  We call ourselves titans.  As you can see through your night vision goggles that we are twice the size of giants and also twice as powerful.  The giants have been keeping the titans secret for fear of how the human race will react.  We choose to hide no longer,” Sven tells the soldiers.

“You’re Sven Lindquist.  The government tried to deport you but paperwork had been conveniently lost and you had vanished.  Rumor has it that Calvin Harper hired you as a bodyguard and that is how you have avoided the authorities for so long.  It’ll take a military tanker to ship you back to Sweden now.  I doubt our government would want to waste the funds.  Jesus, what are you?  Fifty feet tall,” Garrett stared in disbelief of the behemoth giant.  Sven smiled but held back his laughter.

“I am ten times the man I used to be.  I am sixty-six feet tall.  Let’s just say that I’ve learned the errors of my ways.  I have no need to juice up any longer,” Sven joked and Garrett managed a smile while Dandridge is unsure.  Garrett had come from a large family of good old farmers.  His oldest sister is ten years his senior and five times his size.  Diana evolved shortly before Garrett was drafted.  He hid this from his platoon although the government was well aware of soldiers with extraordinary family members.  Garrett never wanted to fight the giants but there was no way around it.  Diana’s life was being threatened.

“So why haven’t you titans left yet?” Garrett asked the very large man.

“One of our own is still sleeping and cannot be awakened.  She is in sort of a coma.  My wife had let the power get to her and she created titans from giants.  Titan children grow up fast.  This poor giant was an infant and when she wakes she will have twenty-five years of her life taken from her.  We wish to escape once she wakes.  One of our titans has already managed to get out.  He made allies with some humans who have worked to clear the town,” Sven tells the two soldiers he had shifted to one hand.  Garrett offered to move since Dandridge was still in shock.

“What do you want with us?” Garrett asked again while Sven managed to telekinetically turn on the dimmest light in the spacious store room.  He placed the two soldiers on a catwalk and sat down so that he may be eye level with them.  The strange makeshift catwalk had no ladders or elevators.  It was put there by Keith so that his two youngest children can visit their baby brother.  The Black children stuck it in the storeroom after they grew big enough to move it.

“I know in your hearts that you want to fight this war as much as we do.  To me we are not giants and humans; we are one in the same.  I know of your sister Tom Garrett.  She misses you dearly but sadly she has had to flee the safety of her Gaea House as well.  All the giants have fled to some places until we can decide what to do about Calvin Harper,” Sven tells the soldiers who knew that their guns are of no use against the giants.  Even the tank ammo is questionable.  Garrett wasn’t sure about Dandridge but he himself found the titan to be a likable guy despite his shady human past.  Sven told the soldiers about Harper’s plan.

“I can help you escape and any of the other men and women who don’t wish to fight.  You must trust me as I will trust you.  I don’t wish to use my powers on you as that will put you at a major disadvantage.  I will use them to ensure your freedom.  Spread the word to those who are trustworthy and within the next day, the titans will emerge,” Sven tells the boys.

“They’re watching from the sky,” Garrett said and Sven let out a low laugh.  “There are also snipers.”

“I will assign a titan to lead you then.  Bullets sting and can break skin but they are too small for us to prove fatal.  I will assign you a protector,” Sven tells Garrett.

“I’ll do it,” the familiar voice of Kyle Black said.

“Kyle, what are you doing awake?” Sven asked the titan.  Dandridge pissed his pants.

“Jesus Glen,” Garrett mumbled.

“I saw you punch that hole in the ceiling.  I’m long overdue for some fresh air.  I had a feeling you were planning a jail break,” Kyle whispered and gave Sven his boyish crooked smile.  Kyle looked so much like his father except that he had his mother’s blue eyes.  He was built very tall and very muscular like all titans but Kyle still retained his boyish qualities despite the fact he was in the body of a twenty-five year old man.  Kyle had on the same style of shorts as Sven except his are powder blue instead of navy.  Kyle looked down at the two humans and smiled.

“Too bad I don’t have my G.I. Joes anymore.  His pants could’ve fit you,” Kyle jokingly tells Dandridge who stood there with his jaw agape.  Garrett and Sven quietly laughed.