- Text Size +

Mike and Jane Powers decided it was high time they visited the Hester farm.  Robby had been feeling better and the twins couldn’t wait to see Josh.  They pulled up the drive in their minivan and noticed that the old farm house wasn’t there anymore and in its place stood a fifty-five foot cinder block building painted yellow to look homey with decorative shutters around the windows.  The front door was about forty feet and even the greenery around the structure was very big.  Mike and Jane Powers felt like they just pulled up into another world.

“They must have done this for Brad,” Jane said trying to be the voice of reason.

“You’re probably right, honey.  Knowing Dan, he didn’t want to have Brad taken away again,” Mike said to his wife as they pulled up next to Dan’s Beemer.

“Huh?  They must’ve gotten rid of the minivan,” Jane said, noticing the missing vehicle.

“Either that or Jane had to go to town for something,” Mike said.

“No matter, we’re here to see Brad and thank him for his bravery,” Jane said with a smile.  The aroma of twelve dozen freshly baked chocolate chip cookies filled the minivan.  Jane had spent her morning baking the one thing she knew Brad liked, her chocolate chip cookies.  Jane hoped she baked enough for a giant.

“Was he a big giant, Mom?  Not like that one we just saw in town?”  Robby asks. 

“He was enormous honey.  That giant in town was probably ten feet tall,” Jane answers her son.  “Brad looks different now.  He’s still the same person inside; it’s just that he looks different on the outside.”

“Brad is a good guy,” Robby says as he thinks about the man-child that would come over every Sunday after church.

“Yes he is, sweetie,” Jane replies.

Mike, Jane, and Robby each held large platters of cookie as they walked up to the large front door.  Cut in the center of the gigantic door was a regular size door and to one side of the gigantic door was a doorbell.  Five year old Jordan Powers rang the bell.  The regular door opened to Dan Hester.

“Dan!  We haven’t seen you in church lately,” Jane said and Dan smiled.

“Been busy, got a growing family to contend with and learning a lot of new laws,” Dan responded.  Jane could be a little much at times but Dan thought of her as a sister.

“Janie!  That’s not a way to say hello to an old friend,” Mike corrected his wife.  Dan liked Mike.  Mike was always one of the kindest hearted people he has ever known.  Dan couldn’t help but smile.

“It’s so good to see you,” Dan said as he stepped out to help Mike with the cookies.  “Brad told me that he ran into you at the swimming hole.”

“Extraordinary brother of yours!  Is he here?  I want to give him a proper thank you for saving mine and Robby’s life,” Mike said with a warm smile.

“He’s here with his girlfriend, but there is something that you and Jane need to know before entering my new home.  It’s Leah…” Dan said quietly.

“Her too,” Jane said and Dan nodded.  “She’s a giantess?”

“Yes…If it wasn’t for Gaea House.  They’re the ones who built our replacement house and they help with our food issues,” Dan said, looking sad.

“What about Josh?” Jane asks.

“He’s away right now,” Dan simply answered, telling a white lie.  Josh was away today.  Steve came and got him that morning so Josh could spend a day at Gaea House with his new best friend, Tommy James.

“It’s for the best, Dan.  You don’t have time to take care of him with running that law practice of yours,” Jane said trying to sound supportive and Dan just nodded.  There was no way he was going to tell the Powers that his son is now a sixteen foot giant child or that their old minivan sits on a self in Josh’s room with the rest of his playthings that happens to be gutted out old cars from the junkyard. 

“He’s staying with some friends.  I still get to see him every day,” Dan just said.

“You and Leah always had a good support group of friends, Dan,” Mike said, giving him a kind smile.

“Well, come on in.  Leah will be so happy to see you.  She’s been trying to go back into the swing of things since her long stay at Gaea House,” Dan said as he held open the door. 

The twins huddled close to Jane.  Dan could pick up on the girls’ fear.  Both of them looked like they were ready to enter the lions’ den.  Robby seemed like the only one comfortable with the situation.  Jane seemed unsure while Mike had that same go with the flow attitude he always had.  Mike, Jane and Robby had three large throwaway platters of chocolate chip cookies, the equivalent of one cookie for a thirty-five foot giant like Brad.

“Leah, we have visitors,” Dan said in his normal tone of voice.

“She can hear you?”  Mike asks.

“Oh yes, her and Brad can hear a pin drop.  It’s not just their appearance that gets enhanced,” Dan says.

“I read that giants are also super smart,” Robby said, putting his two cents in.  Dan just smiles.

“That right, Robby.  The bigger they get, the smarter they get but they are still the same people they once were,” Dan says.

The Powers feel the foundation shake under large loud footsteps.  A pair of long shapely feminine legs comes into view.  The Powers all look up past the blue baggy dress to see the smiling face of the giantess.

“Hello, Mike, Jane, Robby, Jordan and Jess,” says a familiar voice with that familiar smile.  The giantess gets down on her knees so that the humans can get a better look.  A matching blue ribbon pulls back her long dark lustrous hair just like Alice in Wonderland.  The blue matched her clear shining eyes.

“H-H-Hello L-L-Leah,” Jane managed to get out.  A frown played on the giantess’ youthful features.

“Don’t be afraid of me, Janie.  I’m still the same Leah Hester, only bigger,” said the giantess.

“And younger, fitter… Wow, Leah,” Jane managed to spit out, a smile played on the giantess’ lips once again.

“The pains of evolution,” Leah joked.

“We’re here to see Brad,” Robby tells the giantess.  Leah felt at ease with the boy.  Robby Powers had no fear in his thoughts, just curiosity.  Leah gives him a warm smile.

“He’s in the living room, Robby,” Leah says.  “It’s that way,” Leah said pointing in the direction of the living room.  “You want me to take those cookies for you?”

“No, I want to give them to Brad myself.  I want to thank him for saving my life,” the brave ten year old said.  Leah smiles at him and offers to take the platters from his parents.  Mike and Jane were more than grateful to be relieved of the heavy platters.  Jane shook when she put the platter in Leah’s palm.  Jessica and Jordan clung to their mother, still fearful of the giantess. 

“You don’t need to be afraid of me, girls.  I won’t hurt you,” Leah said softly.  “It pains me to see that you are frightened of me.”  Leah looked hurt by the five year old twins who used to always attack her with hugs and now they are frightened of the giantess.  Jane could see that Leah was genuinely hurt.

“Just give them some time, Leah.  This is all new to them,” Mike said.

“I understand,” Leah says, still hurt by the twins’ action.  Both Mike and Jane felt bad for their now giantess friend.

 

Robby Powers found the living room of the gigantic home.  A giant with short blond curly hair and a careless smile sat on a large sofa with a dark haired giantess sitting next to him.  The giantess lean into his chest and the giant lazily runs his fingers through her thick curls.  The giantess’ doe eyes look down at the boy and she smiles.  Robby knew Brad even without his old deformities.  The shape of his eyes may have changed but the same soulful expression was still there.  Even without his protruding tongue, Robby knew that lazy smile anywhere.  Even the handsome features couldn’t hide Brad’s somewhat shy demeanor.

“Hi Brad, I wanted to thank you for saving my life,” Robby said with a lopsided smile.  Brad looked surprised; he couldn’t believe that Robby recognized him.  He was barely conscious that day at the lake, but he still knew who Brad was.  Robby held out the platter of cookie.

“So your mom baked her delicious cookies for me,” Brad said in a voice that Robby didn’t recognize.  The voice sounded perfect and deep unlike the way Brad used to talk.

“Yes, Leah has the other two platters.  Mom remembered how much you always liked her cookies,” Robby says.  Brad reached down and gently took the platter from Robby’s hands.

“Thank you, Robby,” Brad said as he gently lifted the plastic wrap from the platter.  “Your mom always made the best cookies.”

“Who’s the little man, Brad,” the giantess asks giving Robby a wink of her eye.

“This is my friend, Robby Powers.  Robby, this is my only, Allison Hayes,” Brad says.

“Your only?  You mean like a girlfriend?” Robby asks the giant with the lazy smile.

“Something like that,” Brad responded, aware that the humans don’t always understand the giants’ terms for things.

“Call me Ally.  All my friends call me Ally,” the giantess says with a warm smile.  Robby smiles back at her.

Robby notices that the giantess seems much smaller than Brad as Brad kept lazily running his hand through her hair.  Even his bare feet looked much larger.  Allison wore a simple white dress while Brad wore something that resembled track pants and a t-shirt.  The two looked at peace with each other.  What Robby didn’t know was that the giants attach themselves to their soul mate.  Giants are sort of touchy feely when it comes to their mate.  Brad never wanted to let go of Allison nor she him, a giant’s love ran deep.  Robby smiles at the beautiful couple and they smile back.  Little did Robby know that within less than twenty four hours, he is going to be thrust into the world of giants when his father becomes ill…

 

Back at Gaea House in Alpha Hangar Two, Melinda James was getting a small taste of the world of multiple kids.  Her giant son had a play date planned; actually it was a last minute thing when Leah had a strong feeling that turned out to be right.  The Hesters ended up having surprise guest and Melinda was kind enough to plan a play date.

She feed the boys their lunch of raw vegetables and supplemental shakes.  She never thought in a million years that her boy would be eating vegetables without complaints but ever since evolving, that was all Tommy ever wanted.

“Okay guys, you go to Tommy’s room and play for a bit,” Melinda said to the boys.

“Okay Mom,” Tommy said and both the boys went to Tommy’s bedroom.  “I got to show you my new car.  It’s an Audi,” Tommy said to his friend Josh.

“Cool,” Josh replied.  Melinda couldn’t hold back her smile.

Then Melinda felt two strong arms snake around her waist and felt the peck of a kiss on the back of her neck.  Soon we’ll have this every day.  The house doesn’t seem as quiet with two of them around.  Steve’s thoughts tickled her mind.

I worry about the prejudice humans.  It’s sure going too hard for them.  Emma told me that congress wants to pass a bill to get all giants ‘sterilized.’  Sometimes I wonder if Hitler is still alive.  Melinda sent her thoughts back to her husband.

That’s impossible and they know it.  We’re not totally passive creatures.  They can give us all the laws they want, but how do you stop the natural course of things?  They don’t like us because we’re closer to the sky.  Let’s not worry about what a few humans think of us, let’s enjoy being who we are.  Steve broadcasted and Melinda turned around and looked up at the man she loves. 

“I do enjoy being who we are,” she whispered and Steve leaned down and put his mouth on hers…