- Text Size +

Cody Matthews pedaled down the country road towards Gaea House.  He felt uncomfortable.  His knit cap felt tight on his head, his legs of his jean felt like they have been riding up all day as well as the sleeves of his sweatshirt.  It didn’t help either that he had been slouching down the majority of the week on top of wearing unseasonable warm clothes to hide his newly changing body.  His bike seat was up as far as it would go and Cody felt cramped.  Hunger pangs gnawed at his stomach and Cody didn’t have far until the entrance to the property.

Cody got off his bike and looked down at it and sighed.  Cody loved his bike, it was his freedom to go wherever he wanted and now his bike felt small.  In fact a lot of things Cody loved felt too small except his mother who despite the fact that she looked like a child, towered over Cody.  Everybody at Gaea House pretty much towered over Cody except maybe a few techs and they didn’t count.  Even the Operation Titan baby was bigger than Cody and scary to him as well.  Cody didn’t know what to make of him, but the infant seemed unusually gentle.  All the children of Titan seemed unusually gentle around their human handlers.

Cody put his bike along with his knit cap in the ditch; he had no use for them anymore.  He held his backpack by the straps and checked to see if he had anything left in his thermos, just enough to hold him over.  Cody didn’t care too much for the liquid part of his diet but the shakes did the job.  He guzzled down what he had left and felt fullness once again.

“Going to see your girlfriend, Matthews?” said a familiar voice as the red convertible pulled up next to him.  Cody ignored Derek Harper.  “You beat up my brother and now you need to pay!”

Derek Harper stopped his car and got out.  Cody just stood there slouched over; he didn’t want Derek to notice.  Cody felt empowered to stand up to Derek instead of running.  “I didn’t do anything to Chad,” Cody said in a timid voice.  “He started it anyway.”

“Look Matthews, I’m not in the mood for any of your shit!” Derek said as he walked around the car.  “I’ve had it up to here with your bastard shit!  Don’t you dare yell for your girlfriend either and just take it…”  Derek went speechless the closer he got to the slouching Cody.  “What the fuck Matthews?  You’ve been taking steroids?” Derek asked as his six foot frame stood eye to eye with the slouching Cody Matthews.  Cody gave him a smirk and straightens his back.  Derek’s eyes followed upward.  “What the fuck?”

Cody Matthews stood taller than a grown man now, he felt really empowered by his new size.  “I’ll tell you what I told your tiny brother, leave me alone,” Cody said with a smile that just made Derek angry.  He cocked his fist and aimed for Cody’s face, Cody grabbed Derek’s fist in much the same way he grabbed Chad’s.  He squeezed but only enough to not break it.  Cody’s hand covered Derek’s fist.  Derek felt helpless as the thirteen year old boy has control now.

“You’re one of those freak kids that my uncle has been rambling on about.  The crazy old man turned himself into one of you,” Derek mumbled…

Molly Martin and Aaron Smith overheard a conversation.  It was Cody Matthews and some strange human.  Cody was running late and the giants were all getting worried about the boy.  I knew Steve and Vin shouldn’t have let the boy finish out school. Aaron broadcasted to Molly.  Molly nodded.

    Looks like I’m going to have to work my magic.  Molly broadcasted to Aaron and he nodded back.  Both the giants knew they had to be quick.  They didn’t want to be spotted by another passing car.

Derek Harper’s jaw went agape as he watched the young boy’s eyes slowly move upward and felt his hand get bigger against his fist.  Cody just smiled as he felt Derek get smaller in his grasp.  “Jesus Matthews…” Derek was at a loss for words when he witnessed the small growth spurt.   Cody’s stomach growled as the effects of the shake wore off.  Growing always left Cody even hungrier than before and the growth spurts became pretty sporadic and also varied from an inch to a half.  Usually the major growth spurts happened when Cody was resting.  Those could range from one to three inches.  Cody’s growth came much quicker than the rest of the Titan children. Cody laughed as he looked down at Derek Harper.  Cody guessed that he had at least four inches of height on the little fool.

  “Leave me alone, Derek.  I don’t want to fight you.  I don’t think that would be fair considering that I am bigger, quicker and smarter than you,” Cody said with a smile.  Those words played through Cody’s head.  Never did he think he would ever be those things to the Harper boys, but here he is, all those things and then some.

Cody was taken aback when a large dark hand scooped him up and the next thing he could see was the woods surrounding the property.  “Careful son, we can’t risk too many people noticing,” said a voice that Cody knew well as Lindsey’s dad.  Cody turned around and looked up at the smiling brown eyes.  Aaron Smith looked too young to be Lindsey’s dad but he was.  Flawless bronze skin and dark curly hair, Aaron Smith looked more like he could be Lindsey’s older brother instead of her dad.

Aaron stopped so he could wait on Molly.  It was dangerous for the giants to be where people could see them.  There have been quite a few car accidents near the property of curious passers-by looking to spot a giant or giantess, like they were caged animals.  He looked down at the precious cargo in his hands, his daughter’s ‘only’ as the giants like to call them.  The only was a term the giants called their mates.  All giants had a connection to one another, but the only was much different.  The only can feel their mates every emotion and thought much like identical twins can finish each other’s sentences.  Lindsey may act like her old teenage self at times but she was mature enough to attach to her only and her only happens to be Cody Matthews.

“That was close, Francis.  I think I got his mind cleaned out of all this except I was getting pictures of Calvin Harper.   They were very disturbing.  Images of him beating on that Swede popped up quite a few times.  No wonder the SOB sought our help,” Molly said to Aaron.

“My crow has told me that the man speaks the truth, but it’s better that we’ve kept him detained.  Humans can be so unpredictable,” Aaron said to the giantess.  Cody couldn’t believe the way they talked sometimes.  Cody still thought of himself as a human even though giant’s blood ran through his veins now.  He hasn’t experienced telepathy yet.  Lindsey could read his thoughts but he couldn’t read hers.  His body felt stronger and his mind clearer but he still didn’t feel all that much different except maybe taller.  He noticed his diet changed a bit as he had grown accustom to the shakes and vegetables, other than that, he still felt he was human.

“We need get you to Ally,” Aaron tells the boy in his hands.  “You look bigger than you did this morning.”  Giants were never the best judge of size until the humans grew into the ten foot range; that was when the giants started noticing the difference…  

 

 

“Six foot, four inches,” Allison said to Cody.  “You’ve grown over a foot in a week.  That’s a major change in a week’s time.  Some of the Titan children saw no growth in their first week.  I think Titan XL5 combined with your puberty is causing the change to rapidly occur.  How have you been managing your hunger, Cody?”

“I’ve been drinking shakes whenever I feel it coming on.  I probably drink about six to seven shakes a day,” Cody said.

“I can’t even believe it Ms. Hayes,” said Cody’s mom who resembled an eight foot five year old.  He is changing so much differently than I am and he’s growing like a weed.”

“Natural evolution works differently from the Titan XL5.  It was created by the DNA of our pregnant test subjects whose evolution was far more different, Katherine.  I know your pain.  I hated going through my childhood all over again,” Allison tells the new giantess.  “According to your blood test Cody, you are now officially a giant; there is no more human blood or trances of Titan XL5 in your system.  Now we will have to monitor your rapidly changing body.”

Allison said a few things into her custom headset about Cody’s progress.  Goliath X5 stored all the information into the system.  Giant who was once a professional computer hacker in his ‘past life’ helped Alex Anderson develop the system for the giant’s use only.  The system was programed only to detect the pitch of the user’s voice and that voice had to be naturally loud.  Goliath X5 was made to be unhackable…

 

 

  Sven sat in his ‘carney cage’ as he called it.  Suspended several feet into the air and hanging from a chain attached to the hangar ceiling.  Sven took his time to think.  He watched as that fool Morgan made a spectacle of himself in front of the giant and giantess that lived in this hangar.  Sven feared the two giants.  The giantess manipulated Morgan into doing her bidding with just a mere mention and the giant could sense the truth.  Sven stayed quiet and watched Morgan and his dumb ass throw the food that the giants gave them, which was generous for prison food and he would disrupt the peace of the hangar with his outburst.  It’s no wonder the giantess gave the asshole chores against his will.  After the influence wore off, Morgan would then bitch about feeling sore unaware of the work the giantess made him do.  Sven couldn’t really blame her.

Sven was sick of running and couldn’t believe his cowardly and criminal behavior led him to this unbreakable prison.  Even if he wasn’t all beat to hell, Sven knew the dangers of escaping the cage alone.  The chain went to a smooth ceiling and there was not enough blankets to tie together to make a rope that could get him safely to the ground.  It was no use.

The brown skinned giant they all call Francis came in after the giantess that lived there. “Adam,” the giantess called out.  Sven knew the names of the three giants as Adam, Molly and Aaron.  They were big and wore those clothes that all the giants wore.  Sometimes it was scrubs or workout type clothes and they never wore any shoes.  The giants had no need for shoes and sometimes even took the Adam and Eve approach to clothing.  In a way, these creatures grew out of their shame.  Sven suspected that they only wore clothes to please their human counterparts.

“I’m here Molly,” the giant known as Adam responded.  He came out wearing what looked like boxer-briefs, coal black hair trailing loosely past his broad shoulders.  Sven envied these creatures because they didn’t have to spend hours at a gym to look like that.

 “What is it?”

“Roderick Cowell,” Aaron said seriously.  “Calvin Harper has nearly beaten him to death.  Molly and I found him in a stream at the park.  Ally and Vin think the only way to save him is to administer Titan XL5.”

“They need you to watch over him at the clinic, at least till he comes around,” Molly said.

“Why give him the serum?” Adam asked in an irritated tone.  “That’s one of the bastards responsible for this mess.”

Sven knew the reason the giants left him alone is because he told them the truth and he stayed quiet in his little canary cage.  Sven wasn’t going to give in to the vulgar behavior that Morgan resorted to.  Sven also knew they left him alone because he didn’t have a hand in creating the serum like Morgan and Cowell did.

“Why don’t they just inject the Swedish meatball while they’re at it,” Adam growled.

“We’re not that way, honey,” Molly said as she touched his shoulder.  Adam calmed down under her touch like he always did.  Molly was his only.

“I know,” Adam quietly said.

“Cowell will evolve slower than normal because of the injuries,” Sven blurted out.  Sven cowered when he realized what just did.  Molly and Adam look up at the cage.

“You Scandinavian bastard!” Franklin Morgan yelled.

Molly caught Franklin’s eyes with hers.  Franklin stood frozen in a trance.  “You will be quiet little man.  I’m not going to hear one more word out of your mouth for the rest of the night,” Molly said calmly.  “You will not hear anything said either,” Molly then said as Franklin stayed captured in her brown gaze.

“Explain Lindquist,” Adam said to the tall Viking looking human.

“It’s no secret that Calvin Harper suffers from a rare bone disorder that literally causes his bones  to break easily.  I told you that the last time I saw Harper he was only eight feet tall,” Sven said and Adam nodded.  “Well, I’ve observed that one of your Titan children has recently fully grown to the height that child should be for a giant.  That child was injected with the serum after Calvin and yet this child makes Calvin look like a shrimp.  I have a theory that the more injured and diseased the body is, the slower the growth.”

“That actually makes sense, Adam,” Molly says.  All the sudden the small blond man started to sweat.

“I don’t feel so good.   It hit me all at once,” Sven said.  Adam knew that the Swede wasn’t lying.  He reached in the cage and pulled out the small man.

“We need to get you to Dr. Gunderson,” Adam said to Sven who was lying on his hand.

Molly touched Adam’s shoulder again.  “I think he really wants to change now,” Molly whispers in Adams ear…

 

Aaron Smith went to his special places, the clearing in the woods.  He sat Indian style and concentrated on changing his brain waves.  His eyes closed and his mind calm, Aaron summoned a hawk.  A bird of prey will do properly as my watcher over the bullies.  Aaron thought to himself.  “Watch over Derek and Chad Harper.   Let me know if they ever mention Cody Matthews, my friend,” Aaron tells the hawk and the hawk screeches.  “Be safe,” he then tell the bird as it flies off into the sky….