- Text Size +

News from Washington today, legislation has begun on the new giant laws.  The president expressed his outrage towards the ‘treatment’ of citizens in these so called ‘clinics’.  Dr. Vincent Gunderson spoke out against these ‘clinics’ and demanded that they be shut down immediately.  Alexander and Emma Anderson spoke of behalf of what they called ‘the newly evolved.  Stating that quote, ‘We only want to help the humans,’ and ‘We have no intentions of hurting you.’  Obviously these new people are setting themselves apart from the human race.

“I can’t watch this shit any longer,” Steve said as Melinda shut off the large flat screen.  “I wish they would just show the goddamn video, instead of quoting them.”  Steve had not been in too good of a mood since his orders to be bedridden.  Vin did allow for Melinda and Tommy to move in to cheer him up for which Steve was grateful.

“It’s quite alright Steve.  You remember how those little ones can be,” Emma said as she loaded his bedside table with drums of shakes.

“I know, but all of them aren’t that way,” Steve said as he looked at Melinda and gave her a wink of his eye.

“They’ll always be small minded,” said a smaller black haired giantess that looked to be about thirteen years old.  It was Alex’s former human secretary, Caroline Honeywell.  She fluffed Steve’s pillows for him.

I should be taking care of my husband, not these women, but I can’t.  Emma gave Steve a sad look.  She had heard Melinda’s thought too.  Steve reached out to his wife who sitting next to him on the bed.  He put his large hard around her.  Melinda grabbed his thumb and hugged it.  His hand could cover over half her torso.  “I love you, honey.  No matter what size you are,” Steve whispered.  Melinda smiled.

Steve felt a tremor.  Steve’s growing sensations were a little different than the other giants.  Everyone else felt a tingling sensation, but Steve felt small tremors.  Then he felt ill and hot.  Emma, get Melinda off of the bed now!  It’s getting ready to start!

Without hesitation, Emma scooped up Melinda.  “Hey!  What the…,” Melinda said and looked at Steve.  She understood the giantess’ actions.  She just sat there frozen in Emma’s hands.  She watched as Steve’s arms and legs seemed to stretch, filling out the oversized pants he’s been wearing.  A beard formed on his chin and became longer and longer.  His body and face began to fill out.  Steve started to resemble the man Melinda dated when she was twenty-five.  Just as abruptly as it started, the growth stopped, leaving Steve’s body nearly filling out the length of the twenty foot bed.

Melinda jumped when she heard his stomach growl.  Emma assured her that it was normal and that Steve needs to start consuming the shakes she brought.  Emma then put Melinda back down next to her husband.  I feel like one of Tommy’s toys.  God Steve, what’s happened to you?  Melinda was still unaware of Steve’s unusual gift.  He sits up and smiles down at her.  “Y-y-you’re really big,” Melinda gasped.

“More of me to love,” Steve joked and Melinda smiled up at her newly enlarged husband. 

Steve started to consume the shakes left at his bedside.  Emma thought she had given him enough, but Steve demanded more.  Steve’s hunger didn’t seem satisfied; even he was alarmed by this.  Emma didn’t recall even consuming so much herself.  She knew that she had drunk more than Alex because of the child she was carrying inside her. 

When he felt full, Steve wanted to see the damage.  Emma helped him out of the bed.  He took note of the fact that he appeared a couple of inches taller than her.  Emma took his measurement.  “Seventeen feet and nine inches,” she announced.  “Looks like that excessive growth you were so worried about didn’t affect you at all.  You’re right where you should be,” Emma then said. 

“Damn, you consumed like five barrels of that nasty shit,” Caroline said.

“I only remember drinking three, but I was still very hungry after that,” Emma said, trying to make sense of it.

“I need to shave before I hit the sack.  I can’t stand having facial hair,” Steve said, looking at how long his hair had gotten.  He went into the bathroom to see that everything fit his new size perfectly.   Then he started grooming himself.

Steve felt like Steve again, but he didn’t look like Steve.  He looked like a god.  Then he felt the pull of sleep weigh on him.  Melinda watched him with concern as he went back to his bed and instantly fell asleep.

“It’s normal,” Emma said, looking down at the small woman.  “He’ll be like this for a week and then you can have him back.”  Emma and Melinda bonded in the two days Melinda has stayed at the complex.  Emma liked Steve’s human wife.  Melinda was like no one Emma has ever met.  Emma was conservative when she was human and Melinda is quite the opposite.  Emma liked that about her.

 

Two days after Steve fell asleep, Ally woke up.  Emma gave her a haircut and introduced the giantess to Steve’s human wife.  Melinda could tell that the giants all grew to the sizes they were in relation to one another.  Ally had been petite as a human and as a giantess she was pretty much the same.  Ally seemed to be a bit of a wild card to Melinda, but she liked the giantess all the same.

“We should probably check up on Steve,” Melinda said.  She had a dream the other night.  A very odd dream, she dreamt that Steve never stopped growing.   It was more of a nightmare than a dream.

Emma saw that Steve needed another shave, so she decided to keep with his wishes.

“Funny, but Steve always hated having facial hair.  He said it made him look like a leprechaun,” Melinda tells the giantess.  Emma giggles as she started shaving the comatose Steve, it was then Emma noticed something was a little off about Steve.  She stood silent for a moment. 

“Melinda, does Steve’s hair always grow fast?” she asked the human woman.

“No, why?” Melinda asked.  Emma didn’t want to alarm the human, but she knew that if she were in Melinda’s shoes, she would want to know.  Emma then started pulling back the blankets.  Melinda gasped, she understood Emma’s concern.  Steve’s body was a few feet smaller than the twenty foot bed after his last growth spurt, but now his feet hit the end of the bed while his head was at the very top.  Steve had grown pass his new height.  “Should we wake him?” Melinda then asked.

“He won’t wake till he’s ready.  We should get Vin to look at him,” Emma said as she picked up the giant service phone.  Vin was on his way.

 

“Steve is bigger than Alex.  From what we can measure, he’s twenty feet even.  His body is doing something completely different,” Vin said, scratching his blond hair.  “We’ll have to keep an eye on it.  No going to the media until I know for sure what’s happening here,” Vin said to a few of his trusted techs.

Melinda and Tommy moved back into the suite much to Tommy’s dismay.  Melinda couldn’t bear seeing her husband under a microscope so to speak, but she wanted to be close to him.

Every day it was something new.  Steve was slowly growing in his comatose state.  Another mattress was brought in as Steve feet began to hang off the original one.  Each day Steve’s measurements changed.  Melinda was very afraid for her husband. 

One day, Steve woke up.  He got up and realized that his space changed dramatically.  Melinda came in and Steve felt she looked a lot smaller than he remembered.  He noticed that he wasn’t wearing the same pants either.  Melinda gave him a sad look.  I don’t know how I’m going to tell him.  He heard Melinda thinking.  Sweet Jesus!  He’s twenty-five feet and still growing.  Why did this have to happen?

I’m the biggest one now and I’m getting bigger.  I’ve got nearly six feet on Alex.  How is this happening?  Steve thought to himself.  He felt awkward and too big now.

“Oh, hey baby,” Melinda said with a smile.  Even her voice sounded smaller.

“Hi,” Steve said in a whisper, unsure of the tone of his own voice.  “How did this happen?”

“Dr. Gunderson thinks it has to do with your special talent.  He told me about your telepathy.  Why didn’t you tell me about it sooner?” Melinda looked upset and she had every reason to be.  “You know I don’t like secrets.”

“I didn’t want to scare you anymore than you already were.”

“Jesus Steve!  Yes I was scared of you at first, but then I remembered that you’re still my husband and that I still love you.  I can’t stay frightened of you,” Melinda said, still miffed at her gigantic husband.

“I’m sorry honey.”

“Oh yeah, I have a secret to tell you if you haven’t picked it out of my brain yet.  I’m pregnant.”

Steve’s jaw dropped.  He was happy but yet frightened at the same time.  What if Melinda never evolved?  His children will be stuck with a giant for a father.  What if Melinda does evolve?  Will the fetus grow too or will she end up losing the baby?  What about Tommy?  If the fetus does grow with Melinda, how will Tommy cope having a titanic sibling?  Tons and tons of questions. Besides the fact that he’s still growing.  Steve’s world is rapidly changing again.

 

Steve was grateful that the growth only hit him in his sleep.  He was growing like he did when he was a human kid.  His customized living quarters seemed to be getting smaller and smaller by the day.  All the giants at the complex had to look up at him, even Alex.  Something strange happened to him that didn’t happen with the others and as Steve grew, so did his clarity and insight.  The world had no clue about his existence.

Steve worked hard at his new job.  Giants from all over the country that could afford it, made the trip to personally speak to him.  Some giants without anything had to be visited and that was where Caroline Honeywell came in.  She helped Steve as his secretary and representative.  Even Melinda helped with some of Steve’s advocate duties despite the fact that she wasn’t one of them yet.

Melinda and Tommy moved back in with Steve, making for a happy three year old.  Even though Steve couldn’t hug him or pick his son up like a normal child, he found others ways of dealing with the major size difference.  Steve became a model giant for all the residence of what was officially named as Gaea House, after the Greek mother of the Titans.

Everyday Steve got checked out by either Vin or Ally.  Ally became one of Vin’s assistants since she couldn’t officially be called a doctor.  Melinda was there at every appointment, by her husband’s side.  Steve was very thankful for the new clothing Alex’s company made.  It was made of a material developed by giants that expanded as your body did.  Steve was the first to test this new material.

“You’re twenty-six feet and five inches,” Ally declared looking up at the wall.

“That’s over a foot from where you were, honey,” Melinda said, straining her neck to look up at him.  Steve then bent down and scooped her up in his enormous hand.  Melinda laughs.  Steve held her to where he could look her in the eyes.  Their marriage has been the best it has been in years, thanks to Steve’s new view of the world.

“Even more of me to love,” Steve tells his wife.  Steve joked about his size but deep down inside, it scared him.  Melinda was concerned for her ever growing husband too.  The others showed no signs of growth but Steve.  He was almost five times his original size.

“And love it I will,” Melinda said.  Steve laughed softly and kissed his wife forehead.  All the sudden, Melinda felt ill.  Ally took her from Steve and checked her out.

It’s the change.  Oh please, let the baby survive this.  Steve effortlessly heard Ally’s thoughts.  I’m going to admit her.  Looks like you’re going to be all that Tommy’s got for now.  It’s best to keep him away until she is close to looking like an adult again.

I agree.  I’ll see if I can get Robin to help out for the time being.  It’s very hard for me to take care of some of his needs.  Ally gave Steve a sad look.   Tommy was barely the size of a field mouse compared to Steve.  Steve took good care of his human son but as far as everyday mundane things like dressing him and brushing his hair, Steve was of no use.  This trivial thing made Steve sad, but having a giant for a father had its advantages.  The games the two played were endless, although Tommy was the champ at hide and seek.

Steve went back to his hangar.  Tommy ran to him the moment he entered the hangar.  “Daddy,” the little tot yelled.  Steve scooped him up and greeted his little boy in the usual way.

“How’s my big man today?” Steve asked the boy.

“You the big man Daddy.  Where’s Mommy?”  Tommy said, looking up at his enormous father.

“Mommy won’t be with us for a while,” Steve said sadly to his son.

“Is she growing big like you?”  Tommy asks and Steve smiles at his very bright son.

“Yes she is,” Steve said and Tommy’s eyes got big.  Just then, Robin came into the room.  “Would you like it if Mrs. McAllister stayed with us while Mommy is away?”  Steve then asks him.  Robin McAllister knew the giant’s code and gladly accepted the position as temporary live in nanny for Tommy.

“Sure!  I can’t wait to see my big Mommy,” Tommy declared.