- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi, all! a little anecdote to read this weekend. it's probably a bit rough, as i did not spend too much time on it. But I think you could still enjoy this. your comments are always helping!
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.




DARK STAR

For the last time in his life, Kevin cursed at the star he seemed to have been born under. He was about to die, and painfully too. That did not seem fair.


Kevin was by no means an imbecile. Yet by his own reckoning, he had failed so far to live up to his own expectations. In, fact, a close examination of his life would indeed show an usual abundance of ill-luck. To Kevin, life in general was a dreary experiment in unpleasantness and humiliation. Whenever he seemed to actually achieve something, however trivial, like getting the car repaired at last, or handing his report within delays, something would go wrong. The car would get totalled by a parking bus, the report would get lost on the server. It just seemed fated that whatever Kevin attempted was doomed to fail.
Kevin never gave up, though, and he did strive to achieve some fulfillment. Among his allies were the many books he read on self-improvement. Today’s book was about self-confidence and the power of visualization. He was reading it quietly in the little snack bar , in front of a half spilled cup of coffee, when the young woman walked in and sat at the table opposite his own.

Lifting his nose from his book, Kevin saw the beautiful young woman sitting down and immediately ducked back into his book. She was radiant, in a soft and lovely fashion, her long blond hair highlighting her oval tanned face, her slender body moving with graceful ease on to the chair. He just had a glimpse at her and that was enough to make him dive back on to the page. He had become bitter over the time, and somehow resisted the impulse of indulging in the noticing of beautiful strangers. It must be said that Kevin was no stranger himself to the flirting game. He was not bad looking, if not exactly handsome, was only 28 year old, and had his share of adventures. But it always pained him to remember those. They invariably turned sour pretty quickly, and usually ended up with him committing some foolishness that’d make him embarrassed and drop the whole thing, or the girl would have to move abroad or, well, anything really.
And then there had been this last girl he dated a year ago, who brought everything crashing around his ears...

He did want to see this young woman’s face again though. So he chanced a glance over the cover of his book in her direction. She was looking at him. And smiled. He blushed instantly, and ducked under again. When he tried looking at her a second time, she was still looking at him, and smiled again. Her eyes were green, very green and she had the softest look he had ever seen. She seemed to look at him as if he was her best friend, with a kind of clarity and trust in her eyes that left him glued on the spot.
Guess you’re a regular book worm, aren’t you? She said, still smiling at him. There was no sarcasm in her voice, but just this genuine interest one hears in a close friend’s voice. She did have a beautiful voice too., young and crystalline. When she smiled, perfect tiny white teeth flashed at him for a second.
“Yes, I guess I am”, he replied shyly. “Is it that obvious?”
“I suppose so. The way you frown when you read gives you away.” She was not mocking him.
“Well, I do enjoy a good read, and I lose myself in my books sometimes I suppose”, he replied, lowering the book now, a bit self-conscious, because of its naff title.
“I’m Eileen”, she said., standing up and reaching up with her hand.
“Kevin. Nice to meet you Eileen” he said, standing up and shaking her hand. She had the softest hand he had ever touched.
Both of them were now standing, each at his/her own table, arms extended like a bridge over an imaginary abyss. A short silence followed.
Chuckling, Eileen looked at him intently, pushing her chair. “Do you mind if I join you for a coffee? I really don’t like being on my own in a public place.”


Kevin was beginning to think this day could well turn out to be one of the few good ones. Eileen and him had chatted for nearly half an hour (she‘d ordered coffee twice). She was very good with people obviously, very good at making you at ease and the conversation was delightful to Kevin, who had shunned human contact for nearly a year now. They did not exchange many great ideas, but in a short while a sort of closeness had been established between them. When she started to leave, standing tall above him, he had smelled a subtle vanilla flagrance coming from her skin.
“I have to get going, but hey, give me a call one day, I’m new in town and you seem like a nice person. I’d love to chat again with you” she said with a big smile again. She was good at smiling too. And she left a little card on his desk, leaving him with a little wave of her hand.
Kevin could not believe his good luck.

It took him a week to work out the courage to call Eileen. She seemed to recognize his voice instantly over the phone. And let a delightful giggle when he asked her if he could collect her for a tour to the near-by beach. And amazingly enough she said she’d be delighted to meet him again.
How do you know when the cogs of fate start their slow grinding?

……………………………………………………………



Eileen could hear the wet flapping of her bare soles on the marble tiles of the hall, as she walked to the door. And it could hardly cover the pounding of her heart in her chest. When she opened it , the sudden blushing on Kevin’s cheeks probably made him forget her own, or so she hoped. She was wearing a skimpy two-piece swimsuit, and her body was still dripping from her swimming session. She knew well that whatever plans the man had in mind in terms of introductory banter would be gone in a flash. She looked at him trying to recover his composure, and a terrible sadness swelled inside her. She gave him her most sincere smile. “hey ! did not expect you that soon. I was in the pool. Come in!”

…………………………………………………………


Eileen delicately lifted the clothes from the floor. There was nothing in the shirt, as expected. She put it aside gently. She started to lift the trousers, and fair enough, she could feel something light tumbling down one of the legs. She shook the trousers very gently till the “something” landed on the floor. She folded the garment neatly, put in on top of the shirt, gathered the socks and shoes and underwear. A neat little pile. Then she turned to him.

He was sitting on the floor, looking at her, and she could see the usual look, the usual disbelief sprawled on his tiny tiny face. She sighed. She knelt down, nearly on top of him, her brown thighs surrounding him on both sides. She sat back patiently on her feet, looking down at the small man between her legs. She knew she had to wait a little while till he understood what he was seeing. Drops from her wet blond hair were falling around the tiny man.

She observed him as he slowly came to realize the enormity of the situation. The usual questions were voiced, the usual fear displayed. She knew this little drama well now. She did not answer his questions, but tried to soothe him by talking to him gently, telling him she did not mean to harm him and that he would get answers soon. It was always quite a shock to her to consider a little man. An adult she had talked to a minute before and who had been taller than her, suddenly reduced to this small toy of a man, lost in the shadow of her body, like a frighten mouse. It was still the same unreal feeling of power that crept over her. Yet, she never had the impulse to act on it.

In fact she did not want to frighten him further than he already was. So she told him beforehand that she was about to pick him up. She watched him trying to retreat from her as she slowly moved her fingers toward his tiny shape, making shush noises, as if trying to soothe a child. She grabbed him between thumb and index finger, and landed him in her palm. The tiny weight was hardly noticeable, as he attempted to shift around and sit up.

She wondered what she looked like now to him, as she brought him to her face. She tried to imagine her own mouth magnified hundreds of times, opening and closing in front of her eyes. She could hear his pleas, and shouts quite clearly, although he was hardly three inch tall. In response, she did her best to keep a very low voice. “Kevin, I know this is distressing to you, and I’m so sorry about this You really seem a nice guy to me, ad I enjoyed our chat last time. I wish we could have taken a stroll together to the beach. I really do.” She sighed again. “I will bring you now to someone who really wants to meet you. “

As she started to walk, the little man fell on all four on her palm, as he lost his balance. She walked slowly, her hand to the level of her belly, keeping a hand open, so as not to hurt him in her grip.
Here again, she was trying to imagine what her belly looked like for the little man. Probably like the face of cliff, except, it was made of flesh instead of stone.


Kevin felt the strong jostle of Eileen’s hand when she started walking. The heat of her body was reaching him from under his feet and from the fleshy wall of her belly. He looked in astonishment to the huge body towering above, trying to see Eileen’s face, but it was partly concealed by the over-jutting breasts high above. There definitely was a vanilla flagrance next to her, in spite of the chlorine smell of the water droplets on the tanned skin.

The space around him was nearly limitless, as Eileen walked him into a massive hall where two huge stairways were ascending on each side, to join above, like an old movie set of the 50’s.
What did she want? Who is it he was supposed to meet? He shouted questions at her but either she did not hear, or she was not willing to answer. He got dizzy by the motions of the huge walls and furniture around him.

Eileen came to a sort of trolley, with a silver platter on it. She set her hand on it and ask softly: “Please step onto the trolley, Kevin”. Although polite, the ordering was by no means a question of choice, Kevin knew that. He walked gingerly to the side of her hand lowered his feet unto the silver surface. The massive hand noiselessly lifted off and Kevin watched with anxiety as the giant woman seized the handles of the silver dish and started to walk on.

Even with the distortion of his very low perspective, he still recognized perfectly her beautiful face. But the huge breasts above him looked unreal, so large and overwhelming, yet still having the natural bounce of normal size ones. Kevin’s eyes were going to and fro from them to the destination ahead. At least he thought, she doesn’t seem to mean him harm, she could have treated him much worse already. Although mixed with fear, his curiosity was piqued by this extraordinary riddle.

They went through a large double door and enter the immense space of a in-door swimming pool, complete with diving board and lanes, and deck chairs. Kevin could see there was woman at te far side of the pool, apparently naked, sunbathing in the light of the opened glass roof.. Obviously she was the destination, as Eileen kept walking closer. Kevin winced as he heard the woman voice echoing in the hall: “Ah Eileen, at laaaaasst!! Do you have my little man, darling?” She had a strange accent.
“Yes, Madame, he’s right here and right on time as he said he would” Eileen answered with a respectful voice.
Something in the voice made Kevin even more apprehensive than he already was. The woman was about thirty, thirty-five. She was quite plush, her belly and thighs quite ample and even voluptuous. and the way, she never looked at Eileen seemed to indicate she was quite used to being served. Her nakedness and the pearl nakedness she still wore betrayed a habit of luxury . Kevin did not like that at all, and he was well used to bad omen.

Eileen was now right next to the prone lady in the deck chair, and Kevin could no longer see the woman. Only Eileen’s vast body next to him. “Well show him, you silly girl!” he heard coming loud from below the silver surface he was standing on. The descent was very swift, as Eileen’s breast seemed to come down on him as she bent forward and extended the tray to the lady in the chair. A huge face suddenly zoomed exceedingly fast over him, and greedy yes stared at him for a second. Instinctively, Kevin started to retreat towards Eileen. The face came then even closer, the big mouth nearly touching him, as the lady gave a little sniff over him.
Then it receded again away from him, with a “ He will do I think, Eileen, please leave him here.” And a dismissive gesture.
Yes’ Ma’am. Replied Eileen, as she set the silver dish on a low table .
Kevin screamed for her as he saw her huge body starting to move away from him. “Wait, Eileen, Wait!!! Don’t leave me here!!! “ But he watched she turned round, her indifferent shoulders way above him, and started to walk away. As she lost in stature with the distance, she looked more and more like the lovely girl he had met earlier on, while behind him the colossal body of the older woman stretched like an ominous horizon.
“Well, well, well, little man , you arrive in the nick of time, don’t you know” Kevin turned round in shock as two large fingers grabbed him and lifted him closer to the naked woman.. He instinctively screamed.



Lady Vanessa was genuinely please to meet Kevin. She was having a rather boring day so far. The shopping of the morning had been a disappointment. No exciting items had attracted her enough to make her feel, she was doing well. She did buy a profusion of objects and clothes from top-notch boutiques, of course. But no, it just wasn’t satisfying.. She had dismissed a good friend of hers who had come and visited her this afternoon. She was quite nice, but her conversation had bordered on tedious, and Lady Vanessa had her accompanied back to the exit of the estate. No, it hadn’t been a good day. But probably , just knowing Eileen had possibly fished out another man recently had just made her someone restless with impatience.. She was positively thrilled to see Kevin now, and was smiling to him with all her teeth.

Lady Vanessa was indeed on the plush side, in a very curvaceous and inviting way.. She had never believed in the restraint required to stay fashion-style slim, and did not see the point of depriving herself of anything just to please men’s clichéd standards. She deposited a screaming Kevin on a luscious belly. And looked at him with excited eyes. Yes, he would do perfectly, she was sure.
The little man started to shout questions at her. Boring questions, like “Who are you? What did you do to me? ” and the like. She did not like this kind of play, although she expected it, of course. So she just poked him back with a fingernail, silencing the tiny man, and leaving a visible bruise on his chest.

She loved that feeling. These tiny feet trotting on the folds of her belly, the gentle staggering of this little mouse of a man. She flexed her abdominal muscles a few times, sending him bouncing up and down her soft flesh. She started to gently stoke him along his prone body, unconsciously making bay noises. She was please with this one, he was trying to struggle and push away her finger, which prodded her into stroking him eve more. Such a little darling, she thought.
She took him between her fingers and set on her left sigh. She held him there with a finger, started to raise her knee. Then she released him and enjoyed watching him, trying to keep his balance on the fleshy slope. She raise her knee, further and giggled as the little man started to tumble down toward her hip. The tiny touch of his body on her thigh was very pleasant. At the end of his tumble, seeing him so close to loins, trying to get up against a fold of flesh actually began to arouse her “interest”. The little man had a confused look on his face, and his little screams to stop had a definite effect on her mood.. She grabbed him again, and, sitting him on her navel., gently began to lean forward slightly. That had the funny effect to engulf him in a fleshy fold, and only one of his legs could be seen protruding from it. She enjoyed that a lot
“Ah, little man I’m so glad you could drop by today. I was really getting bored, but you do know how to keep a conversation going.” She laughed at the red face of her toy, who was recovering from being pressed in his sandwich of flesh.

She decided it was time to bring the game to a higher ground and take advantage of the arousal this power game was creating on her. Setting the little man on her right breast, she started to let herself drift in a reverie about her last husband. Andrew had been very satisfying in love, she had to concede that, and remember his expert touch was always pleasant and exciting. She missed him sometimes. Ever since his disappearance. That no one had ever explained. And that did land a hefty insurance bonus. Ah, let people gossip, she though, as she turned back to more earthly considerations.

She had absentmindedly started to use the tiny man against her nipple, to a very satisfying effect. His squirming was delicious. And his chirping was cute, really, and rythmed by her stroking. She suddenly brought him to her face. “What is your name, my dear?” The little man looked at her blinking, regaining his breath. He looked at her pleadingly, kneeling on her palm. “Lady, you have to stop this, you…”
She curled her fingers slowly over his head. “Kevin!! My name is Kevin!!” he screamed.
“Well , hello, Johnny, nice to make your acquaintance.” she said. And tipped her hand onto her open mouth. She could hear his screams much better now. He felt really nice against her tongue, and she could feel his little feet pedaling frantically to avoid slipping downwards. She pushed him up a bit so his head would be protruding from her lips and proceeded in slowly massaging his body with her tongue. He even tasted nice. She’d have to give a bonus to Eileen, she’d outdone herself this time.”
She took the little man out of her man and applied his glistening body to her other nipple. It felt so good. Her mind was lost in reminiscences of her love-making with Andrew. It was as if he baas back with her. She felt the sweat gently covering her body, in the heat of the warm swimming pool hall. The gentle brushing of the tiny man's body on her inner thigh was so soft and arousing, like someone gently touching her with a delicate finger.
She decided her little protégé should be introduced to a more luscious part of herself.

Lady Vanessa was someone who did enjoy life, and was not afraid of taking risk to do so. She was a sensuous woman and required plenty of attention .No wonder sometimes she forgot about other people needs. She nearly forgot to fish him out when she was done with this afternoon’s game.



Kevin thought he ‘d never get out alive. Yet he woke up on the silver platter, next to a huge woman, who was slurping some cocktail. Her body was glistening and from the smell,Kevin knew it was not from the swimming pool. He probably wasn’t unconscious for a very long time.
He tried to move his aching limbs. Nothing was broken apparently. But it obviously attracted the woman attention. She kissed her finger and brought it to his own face. It was like an express train rushing at him. “Thank you so much little man, you ‘re such a darling! We’ll talk again later, I’m sure. “ And her saw her press a button on some sort of remote.

Kevin was exhausted, and he kept looking at the huge naked body he’s been exploring for the past hour. He’d never so much action in his life, he thought ironically, and had come more than once in the gigantic sex of this woman, in spite of his fear and mishandling. But somehow that did not make him a happy man. He felt totally dejected and confused. Why was he fated to this? Eileen seemed so nice. Why on earth did he have to look over the cover of his book? Why didn’t any of his books tell him such things could happen? That witchery, or whatever this was, was as real as crooked presidents.

The woman went back to slurping her cocktail. Kevin felt the hard cold silver surface under his wet body. He had to do something. No way was he going to satisfy this monster again. A minute later the big glass double doors at the entrance of the poll hall slided open. Kevin saw Eileen walk in and come in his direction. He stood up, and started to wave at her. She was wearing a white top and jeans now. In a few second the young woman had become a nearly unrecognizable gigantic shape moving close to the silver tray. Kevin was now level with he crutch, the rest of her body towering high above. He could still see her blond hair, like a vast curtain of gold falling over her shoulder.
“Do you need anything, Ma'am?” Said Eileen.
“No, darling, I'll fine thank you, just prepare everything for dinner tonight and it' will be grand.”answer the huge woman on the deck chair, not even looking up at her servant.


Eileen took the tray in her hands . When she moved away from Lady Vanessa, she at last had a look at the little man. She could she bruises on his tiny body,and the glistening look of his skin let her know the session had been a complete one. She felt bad, as usual.
Once in the kitchen, she told Kevin she would give him a warm bath. She placed him inside a ceramic bowl and poured some water over him. She sat down in front of him and watched the tiny man as he washed himself in the water. He looked so tired. And he was saying something to her, but not loud enough to understand.

“I am so sorry, Kevin, for what you've been through. I know it must feel horrible to you. I wish I did not have to be part of this , and even more I wish you did not have to be involved in this. She said in a soft voice.
Kevin stood there for a second, waist deep in the water, looking at her. He seemed to ponder over the statement. “Help me, Eileen, you do not have to do this! Help me out of here! This woman is crazy and someone need to call the police! You can get out of this too!”
It was her turn to look at him for a few second. “Things are not that simple, Kevin”, she whispered.

She gently grabbed him with her fingers and set him on some towel. She folded it neatly over his body. When she thought he was dry, she took him over to the kitchen table and started the cooking. Whenever she set an ingredient or a piece of cutlery, she could see Kevin step back instinctively. She remembered that every gesture she made was probably an awesome display of power to him, and that every little object was like a car or house appearing and crashing around him. She tried to be careful with the noise she was making. Soon the kitchen was smelling nicely from her cooking. Kevin was still trying to speak to her, but she decided she did not have the courage to engage in conversation with him.
She set Kevin in a deep measuring cup, told him to be patient and disappeared.


Kevin was mad with anger now. He was being treated like a toy by these people. His very life was being threatened for no purpose whatsoever. How would he ever grow back? How did they do it in the first place? His mind was reeling with questions while he stayed alone in the quiet kitchen, where only gentle boiling sounds could be heard. The heavy plastic wall of the measuring cup did not offer any grip for his fingers, and trying to move the whole cup had proved a failure. He sat down on the floor and waited, the smell of food actually starting to make his mouth water.

After about 20 minutes, Eileen walked back in. Kevin had felt her footsteps way in advance. He looked at her as she came closer, her gentle green eyes locked onto him. She had a grim determined face. “Come on she said, we're out of here.” She slowly brought the measuring cup to the horizontal. When it was set on the counter, Kevin walked out of it, onto the grainy wooden top of the counter. His heart was beating fast in his chest, the proximity of such a huge being unnerving him deeply. He hoped he had understood the giant woman correctly. He saw two huge fingers dropping towards him and felt the now familiar sensation of the grip around his body, felt the warmth of it, and his let his hands rest on the rough skin of the fingers.

A second later, he was up in front of the young woman breasts. The sight was amazing, as he cam closet to the cliff of soft flesh. He saw himself being lowered into the massive cleavage, and started to shake his legs, trying to anticipate the contact with her skin. Darkness fell, as he entered the space between her breasts, the large fingers and hand covering his vision above. The heat instantly increased around him. Finally he felt his feet touching a rough matter, as the fingers dropped him and found himself deep into Eileen's bra. On both sides large soft hills of flesh surrounded him, and he felt the ground under him moving slowly up and down with her breathing. He could also feel a hard pounding under him, which he recognized as her heart beat. She was obviously nervous . But now he could see nothing but the white fabric of the bra, and the pink wall of flesh next to him, as his head wall below the line of the bra. A large movement started , and he felt Eileen walk out of the kitchen. They kept walking for a minute, going through many doors . All Kevin could see was the throat and underside of the young woman's jaw. A door opened and suddenly a draft of cold air hit him. They were going out of the house. His heart was pounding with hope and expectation. She was taking him out of this place.

A man's voice thundered next to him. “Eileen, what do you think you're doing?” It was an old man's voice, and though it had startled him, the old man had whispered the words.
“Dad... I was going to out to get some more salt... We're short...” Kevin could feel the speech against the woman's skin, as much as he could hear it.
“Eileen... Do not be foolish. This won't solve anything. You tried that already, haven't you? “ Kevin saw a massive hand come to rest Eileen 's shoulder. An old man's hand. The movement was not violent, but the hand did not move when Eileen replied. “Dad, I can't stand doing this anymore. We have to do something. We can't...” the hand did not move.
“I know, my girl, I know.... We need to do something, but this non-sense here is only going to hurt us.... I' am trapped as much as you are. I would become her next toy when she learns about this. Come on girl, put him here.” The hand disappeared.

Kevin screamed when he saw Eileen's fingers Appearing again above him and reaching for his body. “Eileen!!! No, don't listen to him!! Noooo! You have to get me out of ...” The grip winded him instantly and bright light came flooding everywhere, as he was extracted from his cozy hideout. He saw the vast figure of the old man standing in front of him, could make out an old fashion majordomo suit, black waistcoat, bow tie, and all. The man was holding a small tray in his right hand, with some sort of bowl on it. Then Kevin’s vision shifted when Eileen brought him close to her beautiful, face. She looked at him for a second, and Kevin could see her eyes watering. Her huge mouth came closer and her felt his head engulfed between her lips for a second. Then she dropped him in the bowl, where he found himself in an oily greenish liquid. He turned round to Eileen, in a panic. “”WAIT!!!” But a massive silver dome appeared from the left, loomed above him, and set down on the tray, plunging his world into darkness again.


Lady Vanessa was just closing the last page of her book when Eileen walked in, pushing a small trolley. The smell was lovely.
“Thank you my darling, as always, your timing is perfect” she said.
She sat on the deck chair, and, taking a spoon, sipped a small amount of the soup, Eileen had prepared. “Out, never mind what I said” she said in a curtly tone “ This is piping hot, darling. Ow well, I' ll have dessert before main dish today, i suppose. You may go.”
Lady Vanessa watched the young woman walk away to the glass door. As the young woman closed them , Vanessa could see her hesitate and looking through. That brought a smile to face.
She removed the little silver dome and looked at the bowl it had covered. Inside the little man was standing and trying to reach the top. But she could see a tiny feet slipping back in the oily content of the bowl. Her smile grew even larger. “Johnny, this is so nice of you to join me for dinner!”

She took the bowl in her left hand and reclined on the deck chair, bring her legs back up on the chair. She set the bowl on her stomach. The little man was so cute, his face was turned to her and he was shouting things at her. She brought the bowl to her nose and sniffed slowly. “MMMMMmmmm, what a delightful smell, a little whiff of Italy, isn't it? “ With a finger she pushed the man back in the olive oil, and rolled his body around in the bowl. His little screams amused her intensely. She brought the bowl to her lips and, dipping it, started to take the content in her mouth with a slurping noise. She felt the body of the little man gently touching her upper lift and the lovely feeling of his agitated little hands was very pleasant. She swallowed the oil with a satisfied smack of her tongue. Inside the little man was frantically trying to tell her something. She vaguely heard “ ....need to know....” Always the same drivel she supposed. Money, power, whatever she asked. She sighed. Men were so tedious nowadays.

Grabbing his little legs, she brought the squirming man above her mouth and craned her back. She opened wide and slowly lowered him onto her tongue. As she felt his head and shoulder touching her tongue, the scream level from her food increased slightly, beginning to echo in her mouth. She deposited him gently , and let him slide slowly toward her throat. It was always precious to feel them trying to scramble up the deadly slope of her mouth. This one was no exception. The last word she heard was “Wait!!!”, as her lips closed. The little feet touched the back of her throat, triggering her swallowing reflex. She closed her eyes , as the tiny oily body gently slided down her lubricated throat, and disappeared below her shoulder.
Lady Vanessa sat down again and began blowing on the hot soup. She really was hungry tonight.


Epilogue:

Kevin was struggling in the hot smelly wet darkness. He could just about about breathe a foul acidic air. Around him, loud noises were coming through the flesh walls he could feel with his hands. Liquid noises, biological noises. He could positively feel the enormous digestive machinery waking up below his feet, the long labyrinth of her intestines, waiting for him.
Leaning against a sticky pulsating wall, Kevin was trying to clam his thoughts. He was done for. He was dying already. This wasn't fair. His whole life had been nothing but a series of catastrophes, one after the other. This one was only the crowning point. Oxygen deprivation had made him quite sleepy now, but a thought came into his mind that brought a grim smile on his face , as he prepared for death in the hot darkness.

Lady Vanessa burped loudly, in effect ejecting all available air from her stomach and sending its little inhabitant into the last throes of asphyxiation. She grabbed the plate of soup with one hand , and pressed the remote with other.
Eileen came to her, bringing the wallet of the little man, as she always did.
Vanessa absentmindedly perused through the various papers. Kevin Hobson. Social security card, Credit card (only one) . Tennis club card, change, banknotes, no sign of family photos or papers. Eileen had done a good job again. She went back to slurping her soup.


Eileen walked back into the kitchen, and sat down at the table. She was looking at the single card she held in her hand, a card she had retrieved half an hour earlier. A quiet smile formed slowly on her lips. Kevin had told her he was an unlucky guy, “Born under the wrong star” were his words. She read the card gain. “Kevin Hobson. Patient # 123-3456. Local Council Clinic. HIV support group. Monday to Friday 18.00 – 19.00”




nostromo