- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
My life continues...
The Loafer part 2

My 'head' was spinning.  Why couldn't Denise change me back?  Why would she just donate me like used clothing?  I mean I was a black loafer - I was human at one point in my life.  I couldn't say or do anything.  She grabbed me, along with some other things and tossed us in a box.  The last thing I saw was her sad face closing the lid.  I heard her taping the box - may as well bury me alive.  I began to smell the faint odor of her foot coming from me and my mate, her other shoe and it made me sad.  I may never again be worn by her.  I was afraid I would be worn by some of the women I read about in Jason Reed's stories.  Like that Marissa chick, or the girl on 89th St, whose feet smelled like a sewer.  (At least I think that 2nd story was Jason's)  At any rate I knew if I could get back to being human I would be so happy.  If I ended up at a donation store God knows who would buy me - some woman with a lot lower income than Denise.

What I remember about the fateful day so many years ago was that Denise had said there was a transmutation mistress that helped get me into this position.  She said the change couldn't be reversed but you know how that goes.  She did say the voice could be returned, but there's some complications.  I thought I remembered her saying I was also treated with a durability compound - that's what kept me in such good shape.  Well that and Denise did take care of me too.  This was so long ago, I doubt Denise would even remember where this person was or if they were still even doing business there.  

The box I was in suddenly was lifted.  Not sure who but I felt it being carried someplace.  I couldn't tell what I was in but it did feel like a car ride someplace.  I hoped and prayed it was to the woman that helped Denise get me into this predicament in the first place.  I wanted to tell her off after I was restored.  I was set down someplace.  I couldn't tell where I was but it felt like it was getting warmer inside the box.  I so badly wanted to scream - it was getting warmer in here.  The dried up sweat was beginning to liquify and bead up on me.  This went on for hours' every now and then I could hear voices but nothing that gave me a clue as to where I was at.

I felt the box again lifted up and carried someplace.  It was a short trip because it was immediately set down.  The box was suddenly oppened and a face peered in.  My heart sank, it wasn't Denise.  I couldn't get a good look as to where I was at because the lady grabbed me and some of the things and put us in a pile.  I did notice she had light brown hair and small breasts, since I was pinned up against them.  I ended up on some other shoes, a pretty pair of black patent pumps.  she was busy sorting through things then broke down the box when it was empty.  I looked up again and saw something familiar:  2 blouses that Denise used to wear. The lady had hanged them up with some other blouses at the end of this long rack on wheels.  I wanted to cry - I realized I must be in some clothing store someplace.  I looked around again, I didn't see anybody working here.  Some of the lights were off and some were on, like some stores do when they are closed.  At least I was in a cool room on top of other shoes and not in a hot box.  I just wondered where Denise was...

The next day

The next morning came, I saw some employees getting things ready for the day.  I saw that same lady the day before pushing that rack out of the room I was in.  I could see more lights beyond the doorway.  I tried to get her attention, I forgot I still can't talk.  What seemed like hours, that lady came back.  She grabbed a basket and put all the shoes in it she could get.  I ended up on the bottom of the basket under some slightly fragrant tennis shoes.  I tried to inspect them to see if they were a pair Denise wore but it was too dark.  They didn't smell like it, they smelled more sour than Denise's feet.  I guess I wasn't paying much attention to what was going around me because I suddenly noticed the weight on top of me was getting lighter.  I saw that lady sorting the shoes and putting some kind of a sticker on them.  She grabbed another pair of shes that were on top of the tennis shoes and hummed to herself.  She grabbed the tennis shoes, inspected them and grabbed a colored dot and put it on the insole of the shoe.  I shuddered, she was going to do the same to me shortly.  I found out this 'dot' was a price dot.  Shit, I was going to be sold!  Sold to a strange woman who didn't know I was a man, but years before I had been transformed to a shoe.

This woman picked us up out of the basket and inspected my mate quickly - then me.  I heard her say, "Wow, you 2 are in great shape!'  Not many scuff marks on the bottom's, very light toe indentions.  She continued on, "The woman who had you took really good care of you."  You should get a good price here.  She grabbed a green dot and put one in my mate, then she grabbed another dot and put on where my mouth would be.  I screamed at this strange woman, "I'm not really a shoe!  You have to help me!"   She hummed to herself and tied us together with an elastic string.  I guess so we wouldn't get separated.   I was doomed now, I was now on the display rack for women to look me over.  Heaven forbid if one of them wanted to try me on.  She grabbed all hte shoes she had processed and put us in a basket and took us to a rack and put us on it side by side.  I begged with her again, then remembered I couldn't talk.  And even if I could there was that green dot on my mouth.  She went about her business, laying out the shoes and when she finished she went to work on something else.  not sure what because I could only see part of the store.  I was under another shelf with a pair of shoes on either side of me slighly angled upward.  I could see men's shoes on the other side of the isle, so I figured I was with all the women's shoes.

I began to see more people going about their day.  I felt so ignored, yet it felt good to be out of her closet.  Then the thing I dreaded the most happened.  A middle aged woman with light brown hair squatted down and gazed at me.  She had a fairly nice face with few wrinkles and somewhat small boobies.  She picked us up off the shelf, set us on the floor and sat down.  She removed her shoes and got into position to try me on.  I tried to scream out but her hose covered foot began it's descent onto my insole body. Her suntan hose smelled like they hadn't been washed in a few days and they looked a bit dingy.  Her settled on me with a solid poooofff and her foot felt tight.  She gave me a good stomp and tried to adjust her foot but she knew I (the shoes) were too small.  She removed me from her foot and placed us back on the rack.  God, her foot stench stayed in me for a while after that.  I watched people to get my mind off it.  I wondered what they had planned for the rest of the day. I wondered what they were going to eat for lunch or dinner. That was the thing I miss most about being a shoe, shoe's don't eat dinner.  Only their owners foot grime and sock lint.  Only today I learned that some women don't take good care of their feet like Denise did.

Later on in the day it happened again.  This time it was a cute latina with dark brown hair, pretty face and medium sized breasts.  She squatted in front of me and picked me up almost as soon as she saw me.  She grabbed us both and dropped us on the floor.  She sat down and removed her tennis shoe and put me on.  Her foot settled on me with a silent pooooffff, almost like I was too small and didn't fit her foot properly.  She stood up, walked around and that was when she noticed I slid off her heel just a bit.  She quickly sat down and removed me.  I was put back up on the shelf and she continued looking at the other shoes.  Her feet were not that bad, I was wishing she had bought me.  Shit, what was I thinking?  I didn't want to be owned, I wanted to be human again.

As the day went on, more and more people visited the store.  I did notice more crowds in the evenings and on the weekends.  Heck, I don't even know what day it is much less what year.  Several teenaged girls even squatted down and talked about how I would look on their feet, if I was their size.  The blond said, "no, that's not my style, I like cute sandals."  The pretty brunette said, "Yeah, that looks like something my mom would wear to work."  They left and other women walked by.  Most just gave me a glance and moved on.  It was so boring being in the closet and now, being here and having women look at me.  I so hated the night time, the store closed and everyone went home and I was left on this shelf in a large semi dark room with other shoes.  Time passed slowly - not sure how but next thing I remember....

The third day

The store seemed lighted by the sun, not directly but because it had risen.  The lights in the store were not on so I guess nobody had gotten there yet.  I was guessing the main window for the store was facing some other direction than east.  Not sure how long I sat there then the lights came on.  I didn't see anybody for a while then I saw that woman that I saw the first day adjusting the shoes on the shelves.  She didn't even touch us, we were already positioned right.  The morning shoppers arrived much to my delight, I was sick of looking at the shelf above me.  Suddenly this older lady's face was staring at me.  I would have crapped myself except I couldn't in my present state.  She must have been 60 or so, weighed about 250 or so and I couldn't imagine why she would need dress shoes.  She got me and my mate off the shelf and I screamed in terror....  Please don't fit, please don't fit...  I felt myself set down on the floor and she removed her Birk's - oh shit!  Her medical stocking foot raised up and then it slowly slid into me.  NOOOOOOooooo!!!!  It didn't smell horrifying but it did smell bad.  I felt her guide her foot in and she adjusted her foot.  She stood up, shit, she was heavy.  She took a few steps, balanced herself, then sat back down.  I was slid off her foot and she set me back on the shelf much to my relief.  I heard her mumble something about needing more support. What a nightmare, to end up under a woman's foot like that?

I went about watching customers again except my point of view was slightly different.  I think that last lady put me on the shelf higher since I could see waist and hips instead of legs and feet.  It sure was good to have different scenery even though I was still stuck as a shoe.  Judging by what the customers wore, I would say it's summer.  I notice alot of open toed shoes and now shorts and skirts and even a few women in dresses.  It didn't get busy in the sotre and nobody else tried me on till sometime in the evening.  It was another middle aged woman, blond hair, somewhat tired looking.  She picked us up, inspected us and shit, I smelled cigarette smoke.  Oh how horrible, I would live in a cigarette smoking, middle aged woman's closet.  She put us down on the floor and sat down.  I thought I could even smell it off her purse since it was next to me.  She slipped out of her moccasins and I cringed in horror, her hose looked dirty too.  Her foot slid in and she adjusted her feet.  She must have put the other one on because I felt the weight increase tremendously.  She took a few steps, sat back down and removed us.  She set us back on the shelf but upside down.  Stupid bitch killed my view!  Well I guess it's better than if she would have bought me.

The fourth day

I couldn't tell how much time had passed but it seemed to be much quieter and darker now that I was upside down on the shelf.  The next thing I saw was that woman - she turned me right side up again and fixed things up there.  I'm not sure why I didn't notice it much earlier, her nametag said 'Michelle'.  I wanted to thank her for doing such a great job, but I couldn't.  And even if I could talk she might get startled; it's not every day she would hear a voice from a shoe.  I saw the rest of the lights come on in the store, they have only a few on when it's closed.  Same thing as before, few people early on then more crowded in the afternoon.  I cringed again, another middle aged woman stared at me.  This lady was white, long light brown hair and dimples on her face.  She picked us up, examined us then set us on the floor.  She removed her tennis shoes, which I noticed were dingy and looked like they would smell real bad on the inside.  She raised her foot above me and I screamed.  the bottom was dingy and as it got closer I could smell the stench.  Her toes slid past me then her heel tried to go poofffff!  it's like I got caught on her sock.  She quickly removed her foot, straightened up her sock and then tried again.  Oh god, once was enough.  Her foot finally slid in with that Pooooffff I have come to know.  She took a few steps, her cell phone rang.  Oh shit, she answered it!  She remained standing for a few minutes while she took the call.  When she finished, she sat down, removed me and set me back on the rack.  I'm glad she noticed we were too tight for her.

I couldn't believe it, not 15 minutes later another middle aged lady eyed me and picked me up.  She looked very nice, long brown hair, nice skin, latina, looked like she took care of herself.  She reached into her purse with her free hand and grabed this white envelope.  She set us down on the floor and sat down.  She opened the little envelope and produced what I saw was an alcohol wipe and picked me up and proceeded to clean the insole as best as she could.  The alcohol stung me but I didn't have a choice.  She set me down on the floor and slid her stocking clad foot into me.  I did notice the bottom of her foot was fairly clean, and when it slid across my insole body the smell wasn't too bad.  Her heel pushed down and again that Pooooffff sound.  She felt really tight on the sides - she did only take a few steps and she slid me off her feet.  She set us back on the shelf and glanced around.  She then left when she was done in that area.

The crowd died down rather late night - maybe it was getting close to the weekend.  Not sure, but I did notice the lights going out when the last customer left.  Again I was left alone with the other shoes on this rack, again I waited...I wasn't sure of my fate and it bothered me.  I had some close encounters of the wrong woman buying me...

The fifth day

Today began like all the other day's I had been here, light from the outside peeking in, Michelle straightening out things and very little activity until the store actually opened.  They turned on the lights - a sign that customers would soon be there.  It was a bit busier this morning.  Maybe it was Friday and some had either the day off or took the day off.  I didn't have to wait long for a customer to glance at me and inspect me.  An older black lady picked me up off the shelf and then dropped me on the floor and she sat down.
She removed her loafters and began to try me on.  Oh god, her feet smelled horrible!  Her hose were crusty and she was going to put me on.  Nooooooo!!!!   Mmmmmmpppphhhhhfffff!  her foot smothered me and she tried to adjust to get comfortable, but she couldn't.  She quickly removed me and set me back on the shelf and looked around in that area.  I noticed she grabbed another pair of shoes, tried them on and left with them.  Poor shoes, They would have to endure her stench and weight.  I was still on the rack, watching customers, wishing Denise would come back.  Another woman stared at me...  she reminded me of Sarah Palin.  She was white, looked domineering and had some smelly feet encased in hose.  Oh god!  Help me!  She got me off the shelf, dropped me on the floor and removed her pump.  I screamed as her dirty hose covered foot descended on me but I couldn't stop it.  Her foot slid in and I heard that Poofffff!  oh god, her feet smelled bad, and I was stuck under them.  She walked around a bit, she sat down and she decided to make a call on her cell.  I was stuck, she talked on her phone, and I was sucking up her foot stench and suffering under her weight.  She finally finished her call, slid me off her foot and she headed to the checkout line.  Oh god, no!  Why me?  I was a bit loose on her foot and she was taking me to buy me?  Oh god.  She shopped more, she picked out a top & skirt that might have gone with me except I was a dress shoe and the top & blouse were party outfits.  She got in line.  Oh god, please talk some sense into this woman!  She's next in line.  Oh no!  I'm going to be owned!  She set me and all her other items down on the counter to pay.
The clerk reviewed story policy and said no refunds even if they don't fit right.  She said ok. the shoes are a bit loose, would that be ok?  She said no, if they are loose you may have problems later on.  She, my prospective owner said, 'nevermind, I won't take the shoes then, but the rest of the clothes I will take, they fit great."  The cashier grabbed me and put me in a basket under her station and made the sale on the rest of her stuff.  I was so relieved.  I was stuck in the store but in a return basket.  I wish Michelle would find me.  A bit later she dropped a skirt on me, and a blouse from what I heard.

It didn't work quite that way, the cashier that took me back as a return had to restock me before her break.  So a few hours later she grabbed that basket that had me and a few other items on top of me and she went to put us back on the shelves.  She put me back on the bottom shelf next to the 2 pairs of shoes I was with when i got here and left.  No good bye, no nothing.  I was sad.  I mean I was human, but they were treating me like merchandise.  Well who could blame them?  I was a black loafer.

This was my busiest day at the store - evan with my short hiatus under the cashier booth I found myself being tried on again.  Another big black lady grabbed me off the shelf and she sild her foot out of her dress pump and slid me on her foot.  It smelled awful - thank god I wasn't here long, I fit too tight on her and she put me back on the rack.  And then a few minutes later a middle aged hispanic lady set me on the floor next to her tennis shoes.  This lady was heavy too, medium long brown hair and she had socks on.  She removed her tennis shoes and tried to put me on.  She couldn't fit into me, so she removed her socks.  Same result but she did get her foot all the way in.  Her hot clammy skin pressed down on me while she took a few steps.  She decided she didn't want me so she put me back on the rack.  She put her socks and shoes back on when she found a pair she was comfortable in and left.

I noticed the crowd dying down and I was relieved when the last customer left and the lights went off.  I was almost sold today, under a few smelly hose covered feet, but still at the store.  I began seeing faces, things, different feet.  My vision began to tunnel, lhen I began heading into it.  It was as if I was in a trance.

I had a strange dream - I think the smells I endured today did something to my brain.  I saw Denise and Brenda talking from within a closet of some kind.  I heard Denise telling Brenda what she had done to me all them years ago.  About how she wore me to work all those years and nobody knowing any different.  She told Brenda with tears in her eyes that she donated me and wished she hadn't.  Brenda said she would try to help as best as she could.  Denise said something about a second hand store, Brenda said ok, I will be there tomorrow when they open and look around.  She again described me to Brenda, the black loafer has a dark brown insole with the word Petey' stitched into it under the 7 near the heel area in the shoe.  Nobody would ever know that word was actually the name of the person in the shoe now, most would assume it's a brand name.  This wasn't possible, I was in a store.  I wished I was human again.

I wondered how I knew this was going on or if this was my wishful thinking that someone was actually going to help me get back to normal.  Maybe it was some cruel vision that really meant I was going to be sold tomorrow and god knows what kind of woman would own me....  To be continued.
Chapter End Notes:
Part 3 coming.