- Text Size +

The ferocious beast snarled at me, its nose flexing in and out as it sniffed me. I couldn't believe this massive dinosaur looking creature was just a common housepet. I backed away slowly, hoping to make it away safely but I'd have no such luck. Even my slightest movement alerted the dog to begin barking, its thunderous noise sending me to the floor, nearly crying. The barking alerted the 2 girls from Alex's room and they thrust themselves both towards their pesky dog. I ran as fast as I could to avoid the tumbling bodies.

"You idiot!" Alex sputtered, wrestling with her sister on the ground as their startled pooch tore off into the other room, "You let Lyle out? With the little guy in the house?"

"Oh shut up!" Natalie retorted, "Like I knew he'd escape... I was just going to keep him in my room, but then you had to go and --"

"You bitch!" Alex yelled, and pulled roughly on Natalie's smooth blonde hair, causing her to scream. The 2 girls remained wrapped up in each other, pulling and kicking one another while I crept slowly towards an open door. It was cracked only slightly and turned out to be only a closet.

The girls arguing became quieter at last and they seemed to recede into the distance. Curious, I crept out from behind the closet door and looked around. There was no sign of either of the girls or the giant dog, who apparently was named Lyle. I walked down the hallway with a little more contentment. For some strange reason it was just nice to be in a quiet area.

Before I could savor it, there was a loud slamming noise and Alex and Natalie both stormed out from around a corner. I attempted to hide by clinging to the sides of the walls. Hopefully neither of them would think to look down towards me. I could hear their childish bickering continue.

"See? How hard was that?" Alex tsked.

"Oh shut up, you're not nearly as smart as you think you are" Natalie said.

"You're right, I'm smarter!" Alex laughed.

"Blah blah blah" Natalie chuckled, sounding more like the Natalie I knew from high school, "None of this solves anything... just because you locked Lyle up in the den doesn't find Bobby"

"Psh, whatever" Alex said, "I just can't believe you bothered naming him"

"Naming him? What are you talking about?" Natalie asked. "That's his name"

"So?" Alex asked, "Name him whatever you want, what's he going to do about it?"

"That's mean, Alex!" Natalie said.

"Oh, I'm mean... you're the one who shrunk the guy" Alex laughed.

"That's not true!" Natalie replied defensively, "I didn't shrink him"

"Oh, so I'm supposed to believe he just shrunk himself?" Alex laughed cruelly, as they rounded another corner and faded into the distance. I tried to make out the rest of their conversation but I couldn't bear to hear it anymore.

I was being talked about as if I were some kind of pet, or plaything. And the worst part? Alex was right... I'd have to be stupid to shrink myself but thats exactly what I did. Now I had no idea when or if I'd ever return to normal height and was pretty much subject to whatever awful treatment anyone had in store for me.

I walked down the hallway to follow Natalie and Alex from a safe distance. They were headed into another room, and I saw another giantess approach them, presumably their mother. She was a taller figure (well, who wasn't at this point) who looked a lot more refined than her daughters. She bore a slight resemblence but dressed more conservatively, with a red sweater vest on, and from what I could tell, Natalie and Alex put on yet another act around her, appearing more well behaved. I couldn't hear everything that was being said but they were being coralled into a dining room to eat, and their mother seemed a bit stern with them.

I slowly crept into the room, being careful to not be spotted. Without the dog to contend with, I felt a bit more confident making my way across the carpet to the dining room table. As I ran, I felt my legs growing weary, a result of the surface against my feet. Making the run felt like dragging myself through a thick dense bush that snarled my feet with each step. Fighting my way towards the dining room table took quite a bit of effort, so I let myself rest against the center table leg, overhearing everything that was said.

"So is there any reason why the laundry wasn't done today?" I heard the elder woman retort.

"Alex was supposed to do it --" natalie started, sounding like a whiny 5 year old for a brief moment.

"Ugh, I was --?" Alex gasped, her pretentious tone filling the air for a brief moment.

"I don't want to hear the excuses..." her exhausted mother sighed, "just take care of it. You girls need to start doing more around the house"

"I do plenty" Alex snapped, "it's Natalie who..."

"Dear, please" her mom sighed, "I know you both do a good job, but sometimes you get a little... lax, and I suppose that's my fault"

"Don't blame yourself, mom" Nataie sighed, "I've just had a lot going on lately and..."

"Oh yeah..." Alex laughed, "SO much going on..."

"Shut up!" Natalie snapped.

"PLEASE!" their mom yelled, even startling me. "Can we just try to get along? You girls are ALWAYS at each other's throats"

"Sorry, mom" the 2 girls sighed, nearly in unison.

As I began to become more comfortable in my surroundings, taking in their ambient conversation, I started to ponder what my next move from here was. I was relatively safe from harm, but did I really want either of the 2 girls finding me? For a brief moment, I even considered finding their mother to take care of me, but it almost didn't matter at this point. I was stuck small for the foreseeable future and I wasn't going to make it out of this house in one piece by myself. Even if I did, where could I go from there?

I never did end up meeting with my friend Ashley because all of this stuff happened... but how could I ever hope to find her now, at my hopeless size? I started pacing outwards, as if I were scouting out the location for some kind of escape plan. I saw the girls' pairs of shoes before me, their ankles stretching upward to a point where I could no longer distinguish them past the massive table.

I notice the pairs of shoes get into a scuffle as they tangled with one another. I heard Natalie shriek as soon as her ankle was struck.

"Alex is kicking me under the table, mom!" Natalie moaned.

"Oh shush, you big crybaby" Alex scoffed and swept her feet away quickly, unexpectedly striking me in the chest.

I fell down and let out a small gasp of defeat, my body helpless as I hit the ground. In my curious state, I had gotten too close to the foot fight and may have tipped off my location. I lay on the ground longer, slowing my breathing but I had a feeling Alex was aware of my presence. I backed off cautiously, before feeling a gentle nudge on the shoulder that momentarily frightened me. I had done it to myself by colliding with the front side of Natalie's shoe. The shoe backed up upon contact and I fell to the ground. The 2 girls then became more silent, even as their mother tried to start conversation with them. They were both fixated on somehow capturing me.

"So girls, you have any plans for the weekend?" I heard their mother ask.

I backed off so I was out of reach of the pairs of feet but I know they were both going to try to find me some other way.

"Yeah, I'm stuck watching my friend Katie's pet shop..." Natalie sighed.

"Oh really?" her mother asked, "well that was nice of you to offer"

"yeah, well her parents said they'd pay me the 50 bucks they'd usually pay her to work there..." Natalie explained.

"Psh, sounds boring" Alex scoffed.

"Shut up, Alex" Natalie said again, then paused, "Sorry mom"

Just then I heard an object hit the floor, I cautiously looked to see what had happened and noticed a giant fork. A hand then reached down and grabbed me tight. I was powerless to escape and closed my eyes to hold back the tears of pain. Who had grabbed a hold of me? And what was their plan?