- Text Size +
"So" Valnara began, "I'm sure the idea of walking back down this mountain doesn't really excite you?"

"Oh not at all" Liza mumbled.

Valnara smiled, "Well I think I can help you out with a short cut" They all perked up excitedly, Valnara grinning down at them as she waved her arm, the same light that Mike had saw from before spread across thin air, touching down at the floor before them. She rounded the strange vision as images started to appear.

"M-My lake!" Liza cheered excitedly, eyes gazing at the clear blue waters. The images flashed through the forest a small village soon coming into view.

"I assume this is a familiar sight, Mike?" Valnara asked, he nodded.

"Okay then-"

"Wait, where will we be coming out?" Liza asked nervously.

"I don't think you should seclude yourself any longer, Liza"

"But they wont accept me!" She cried, memories of her last encounter coming to mind.

"Don't worry, we will be going to your lake, though as you saw, the village was never far away" Valnara assured them, "But I will need to pass through with you, not at this size though" Almost instantly there was a bright flash. As their vision returned they were startled to see Valnara standing before them, actually a little smaller than Liza and Alicia. Her body almost seemed to radiate light, and most strikingly of all a set of pure white feathered wings hung from her back, "Sorry, I should have warned you about the flash" Her voice carried an almost more youthful tone now, "Alright, another flash incoming!"

~~~

There was a long second of utter confusion and weightlessness, not a single sound filled the confused travelers ears.

Then with a pop they felt gravity take hold. Valnara watched with a grin as they splashed into the water below her. She set down gracefully on the cliff, dangling her legs over the edge. Watching as they scrambled out of the water.

"That was a little uncalled for" Liza said collapsing on the bank, "Oh but its so nice to be back"

Snow seemed to be the only one not recovering from the momentary state of panic and confusion, happily jumping around in the clear waters. Alicia looked down at Mike in her hands with a broad smile. She turned her gaze up to Valnara, "Thank you"

She shrugged, "Always love to help" She looked around, "I see not much has changed around here" She let out a long sigh, "So is there nothing else then?"

They all looked at each other, a strange feeling of content within them, something none of them had really felt before.

Valnara smiled, sensing their answer, "Well I will be heading back then"

"You wont stay?" Alicia asked, a little saddened by the sudden departure.

Valnara winked, "I may poke my head around. My presence only seems to bring trouble among those with weaker minds and hearts than yours" And with that she took off into the sky, they watched until she disappeared into the clouds.

~~~
A few days later...

"No!" Liza pouted.

"Oh come on, they are very nice people"

"You don't understand, they can deal with you. Not a naga" Liza said her cheeks reddening brightly as Alicia dragged her through the jungle, "Please don't make me do this, and these clothes are uncomfortable!"

"Well its best to be humble when meeting new people, besides Mike already told them you were coming"

"I don't want to meet new people!" Liza protested again, sounding much like a child.

"Oh stop being so shy" Alicia said with a smile, "You knew this was going to happen"

Liza pouted more but reluctantly followed, heart pounding hard in her chest and her cheeks and ears burning red. She eeped as they rounded a large tree, a crowd of tiny people waiting for her in the middle of their village. She smiled nervously down at Mike who stepped forward, a frail old man standing next to him, she leaned down close.

"I'm so nervous" She whispered.

Mike just laughed, glancing up to Alicia, "This is Vincent, you know the one I told you two about"

Vincent stepped forward with a slight bow, "How do you do? I have been so interested to meet you"

Liza nodded, though her tongue was tied. Slowly she was accepted into the crowd, though she still preferred to stay slightly outside the village, probably for the best. Alicia and Mike watched from afar as she slowly started to mingle with the tiny people.

"What a strange sight" Alicia said shaking her head.

"What I dont get is how she suddenly got so shy? I mean who knew"

Alicia laughed, "Yeah, she seems to do well one on one, guess the crowd scares her"

Later that night there a party was thrown together for Mikes safe return, and to welcome the two newest villagers (though Liza still insisted she live back in her lake, where she could dress, or undress rather, as she pleased). That night Vincent was over joyed with all the new information to go into his book, wanting desperately to meet Valnara for himself.

They enjoyed their time to relax. Though as Valnara told them, it is always the journey that matters most...and as they would find again and again, the journey never ends.