- Text Size +
They looked at each other, wondering if they should stand their ground or flee from what ever had caused the massive shift in the rocks. They stared into the blackness, jumping again as the rock wall itself seemed to move. Then it fell through, surprisingly light shone in.

"Uh" Liza started but was interrupted by something pretty terrifying.

A massive white figure moved in front of the opening. A large eye peered in at them, or at least it looked like an eye. It glowed brightly though the pupil was still visible slightly. The eye moved away, revealing a feminine face, none of them expected that.

"What do we have here?" A powerful female voice asked. No one could respond, too overwhelmed by the suddenness of it all. "Oh I am sorry, I've frightened you?" The face moved forward again, "It has just been so long since my last guests, please forgive me"

"Is this her?" Alicia whispered.

"I-I don't know" Liza admitted.

Alicia stood slowly, having to crouch some under the low ceiling, "Are you...Are you the goddess?" She asked feeling strange asking such a question.

"Goddess?" she responded softly, "Some have called me that, though I prefer to go by Valnara"

They all breathed a sigh of relief.

~~~

Valnara helped them out of the cave and into a massive white chamber. The ceiling stretched impossibly high above their heads, not to mention Valnara was large enough to hold all of them in both of her hands. She knelt down before them calmly, listening to their tale. Her features looked human, her face beautiful yet at the same time ageless. Her bright white hair matched her glowing white eyes. A long white dress hung from her shoulders down to her feet.

"You certainly have gone through a lot to get here" She said with a smile, "I assume you seek my help?"

"If...If its not too much to ask" Alicia said.

"I will listen then" She said gently, "But I do require some conditions. Firstly I want you all to seek out some solitude, I will hear each of you one at a time"

~~~

They did what they as they were told, each led to a separate chamber to be alone, even Liza who insisted that she was perfectly happy as she was.

Mike was first. He watched as the absolutely titanic figure entered his chamber. She knelt down, placing her hand down next to him. With a bit of a struggle he managed to climb onto her palm.

"My you are a small one" She said with a broad smile. Mike forced a laugh, "Relax" She said, soothing him, "So let us figure out what I can do for you. You claim to want to go back to your home world, Earth as you call it?" Mike hesitated in his answer, "Ah. I see you have some uncertainties. But let me tell you first that it is very possible" She opened her other hand, a swirl of light suddenly appeared next to them. The light turned to images, Mikes eyes widened as he started to see familiar things.

"H-How" He gasped.

She just smiled, "There are forces in this universe that cannot be perceived by most. They claim that I am a goddess because I can perceive them, and therefore interact with them. But don't worry yourself, they are not relavent to you"

"I see. So I could go back?"

"Yes. It is up to you, completely up to you" She smiled as she set him back down onto the floor, exiting the chamber.

Mike stared into the swirl of images, a feeling of nostalgia flowing through him, was it really possible to return to his old home? Just like that?

~~~

Alicia watched anxiously as Valnara entered the shining white chamber. She sat down before her cross legged, "Hello dear" She said softly, "So, you want to be returned to normal? As you stated"

"Yes, I have to"

She frowned, "Because you are afraid you may lose a loved one if not?" Alicia nodded her head slowly, "And why do you think this?"

"B-Because he couldn't possibly...because there surely can't be real love if..." she trailed off nervously.

"I see"

"So, you can help me?" She asked, her heart sinking as the Valnara's face did not seem to brighten.

"Alicia" She started, "There are some things that cannot be changed. I cannot change who you are"

"So" Tears filled the corners of her eyes, "I-I'm trapped like this?"

Valnara nodded, "It will be alright child" She assured her, but Alicia could not have felt worse.

~~~

An hour later Mike emerged from the chamber, he saw Alicia still standing tall next to Liza. Liza looked over to Mike with a concerned look as she held Alicias head to her shoulder. As he neared Liza only shook her head, it was all the answer Mike needed.

Alicia turned her head towards him, wiping her eye. She knelt down before him, "So, can you return to earth?" Her shaking voice asked.

Mike nodded, his chest knotted tightly. He let her hand scoop gently behind him as she brought him to her face.

"Thats good" She said wiping her eye again, "At least one of us could get what we wanted. I'm happy for-"

"I'm not going" Mike said.

Liza smiled, glancing over her shoulder to Valnara.

"You...You're not? But why? Earth is your home"

"It's not, really" Mike said, "If I could stay here, with you. That would be more of a home than I've ever had"

"But I can't return to normal" She said her voice shaking again.

Mike shook his head, "I don't care"

Alicia couldn't hide a smile spreading across her lips. She leaned forward suddenly, pressing him against her lips, tears flowing down her cheeks. She pulled away, her smile beaming and her cheeks red.

"I take it I can stay with you?" He said, blushing himself. He turned towards Liza, hands clamped to her mouth, trembling slightly.

"Whats wrong Liza?" Alicia asked.

Liza shook her head, "N-Nothing" She said wiping her eyes. All this time she was afraid she was going to lose Alicia again, but if that was what it took to redeem herself to her friend, "So I guess we sort of wasted our time" She said with a weak laugh.

Valnara shook her head, "Of course you didn't" They all turned towards her, "Think about all that has happened to lead you here, and how different you all would be if things went even slightly different from the beginning"

Alicia pictured it in her mind, she couldn't have done this on her own as she planned, and Mike probably would not have lasted out on is own. If he didn't interrupt her journey she would have never reunited with Liza, who would still be off on her own.

Valnara smiled down at Alicia, "A scary picture isn't it?" Alicia looked up to her and nodded, "But it seems it wasn't the destination that you needed, it was the journey itself. To rebuild old friendships and to create new ones. It would seem that my only role in all of this was to bring you in from the cold"

"How exactly did you do that?" Liza asked.

Valnara laughed, "You mean how did I find you?" Liza nodded, "You see, the reason so many people believed that I am some sort of goddess, I explained this to Mike earlier, is because I simply perceive and interact with forces that other creatures cannot see or feel. When you all were huddled in that cave your life's very essence seeped through the walls"

"So, you can see little auras around us?"

"Perhaps not see, but yes. You may know these things like thoughts, emotions, fear and love. And these are just a few. It is these life forces though that creates the rift between our world and Earth, as if all the life in the universe is reaching out towards one another"

"So are there portals to other worlds as well?" Mike asked.

Valnara nodded, "Almost infinite amounts, though very few would be hospitable"

Mike shook his head, and of all the worlds he ends up here, he thought, how could this be anything other than-

"Fate?" Valnara asked with a knowing smile.

The others looked around kind of confused at her sudden remark but Mike spoke up, knowing she could read or feel his thoughts, "Yeah"

"Do you believe in it now?" She asked, "Its a rather puzzling idea, even for me"

"Well" Mike started, "I never believed in it before. Ever since I was a kid I've felt that I have just been floating along in no particular direction. Each move just another unfortunate shift in my life. Even to here I thought that my luck was just getting progressively worse. But with hindsight every single move in my life leading up to this perfectly directed me right to here" He remembered that the only reason they went to Florida was because one day he happened to stop to tie his shoe, he turned his head just as someone stepped to the side next to a magazine stand, revealing a fishing magazine with an article about the great fishing off the Florida coast. His father was having a bad year and decided to take a bold step and move the next week. If they had waited another couple days even, everything would have been different.  

"I guess I do" Mike said, "I mean how could it just be random?"

"Well" She started, "No matter what we do there will be a destination, every action will have a reaction"

"But any other destination would have felt wrong"

Valnara sighed, "It is just another one of realities mysteries"

Mike smiled, the thought from earlier emerging in his thoughts, though it was Liza this time who seemed to read his mind this time.

She leaned in close, "Still think this is all just a dream?"

Mike shook his head, "No. But if it is it sure is a good one"

~~~

They stayed with Valnara for a couple of days, taking comfort in a nice safe place to stay.

Liza and Alicia sat together, Mike was off talking to Valnara again, seeming to have an endless amount of questions for her.

"So" Liza said, it had been a day, clearly wanting to pry into Alicias and Mikes budding relationship.

"What?"

Liza smiled, "What did you guys do last night?"

Alicia blushed, "Well he slept on my hand, it was so sweet-"

"Only sleeping?" She continued to pry.

"Well, we did kiss some more. I think I was bad at it but I'm getting better"

Liza rolled her eyes, "Hon you guys have to do more than kiss!"

Alicia blushed even more, "I'm nervous though, I mean how would that work- erm I mean I never even tried anything like that"

"You mean you've never fantasized about it? God I know I have"

"Well what would you do?"

"Well" Liza started, "First I would set them down on my belly" She leaned back pretending she had a little guy, "Then I would slowly guide him down, down, down until he reached, well you know, and then I would gently slip him inside and let him explore" She shuddered, "Oh god that would be so fantastic"

"Do you think he would really go inside?" Alicia asked in a whisper.

Liza slapped her hand to her face, "Alicia! Of course he would, in fact he is dying too! Of course you would take him out afterward, and return the favor" She flicked her tongue out playfully.

"Hey guys" Mike said walking into the chamber, he paused, Liza was giggling wildly and Alicia was sort of staring at him with red cheeks. He knew this behavior very well, "What?"

"Oh nothing, nothing" Liza laughed, "I'll give you two some space" She slid past Mike, grazing him gently on the head as she passed.

Mike smiled as he sat next to Alicia. They talked for a while, though Alicia was acting a little nervous. She was trying to think of a way to ask Mike if he wanted to try going further, and he was actually wondering the same thing. As he sat on her palm there was a long silence, simply sitting there staring into each others eyes. Alicia slowly brought him up towards her lips. This time she gently slid her tongue over his torso, smiling gently down at him as she pulled him away. Mike grinned, slowly taking off his shirt that was now wet. He looked up to her to see if he should continue, she nodded excitedly watching as he slipped his ragged pants off his legs. Alicia reached back, gently uniting her vest and letting to fall to the floor.

She cupped her hands next to her mouth and started kissing and licking him lovingly, slowly bringing his legs into her mouth. She looked down at him wondering if she was going too far, but he looked up in anticipation as she prepared to take his lower half into her mouth. She did so slowly, wrapping her tongue around him playfully. The result left Mike gasping on her hand.

"W-Was it good? I've never-"

"That was incredible" He assured her, sitting up. He climbed down her hand onto her bare chest, pressing into them, a slight moan slipped from her mouth. He smiled as he slowly walked down her inclined stomach, she bit her lip nervously as she then slipped her skirt off. She gently placed her hand on his back and guided him down, like Liza had said, until he stood just inches from the opening. He reached a hand forward.

"Oh..." She moaned, closing her eyes. She squirmed slightly as he worked his way deeper, until she felt his entire body slip within her. She panted quietly as he moved around inside, never before feeling these sensations.

~~~

"Hey guys Valna-" Liza stopped at the entrance.

"Liza!" Alicia yelped, cupping her hand between her legs and pulling her skirt over her chest.

"Hey where's Mi-" Her eyes fell between her legs, "Oh...Oh! Oh god sorry sorry sorry sorry" She screamed leaving the chamber quickly.

Alicias cheeks burned, she gently slipped Mike back out, "What happened? Did I do something to make you-"

"No...No" Alicia sighed, She smiled down at him, "That was wonderful"

"Should I continue then?" He asked with a grin. She giggled, slowly dropping him back down between her legs.

~~~

Later that night they emerged, Liza blushed deeply when she saw them, "Sorry" She whispered to Alicia again.

Valnara smiled down at them, "So lets talk about getting you guys home"