- Text Size +
They were only young adults, but Kyle knew he was in love with Catherine. The only problem was that she was dating Connor.  Kyle had decided that he wouldn't try to win Catherine's heart, he gave up.  And that's what is wrong with love, specifically infatuation, exists on all different levels of the subconscious. A young lady may begin to develop feelings for a guy once he stops showing interest. It's the "cat and mouse" game we play. Whereas spite, in conjunction with repercussions of infatuation,  can and does destroy all one stands for in life.

To digress into a long and drawn out introduction would be tedious, pointless even. To say the least, boy likes girl, boy stops pursuit because girl is in a relationship, girl notices and wants to become a friend with the boy, and things spiral out of control. All this happened over the last two years of high school for Kyle and Catherine. Connor, Catherine's boyfriend, was unsuspecting, unsuspicious even. It wasn't until one day when Connor walked out of class and caught Catherine leaning in for a kiss from Kyle. From there, things went downhill as Connor attempted to control Catherine leveraging their relationship.

Kyle was heartbroken. His fantasy was beginning to fade quickly. Catherine was a 5'2" beauty. Her 32C breasts were absolutely beautiful and her shapely ass was just the cutest thing ever. The way she walked, the way her golden brown hair swayed back and forth, gentle curls bouncing were things most guys dreamed of. The jeans she wore everyday just teased him even more. But he didn't want to scuffle with Connor. Connor was a football player and definitely bigger than Kyle. If he wanted, Connor would have pounded him into the ground. The only thing holding Connor back was his future athletic career's scholarships.

However, only weeks later, Catherine called Kyle after school and asked him to come over. She sounded excited and he was thereby intrigued. As quickly as he possible he made haste to her house. She was waiting for him on the lawn, jumping up and down stating she could make things disappear. He didn't believe her, he need to see it for himself so naturally he asked for a demonstration. They proceeded up to her room. She pulled out a marble and placed it in her palm. He watched intently as she focused on the small piece of glass in her hand, seconds later it was gone. He couldn't believe what he had just seen, a marble disappeared right before his eyes without any illusions.

She looked at him, he looked at her, they embraced in a kiss. Almost a minute later they broke their hold of each other. She was stunning and beautiful in the sliver of daylight which shone through her curtains of the picture window. She just stood their, looking confused but happily back at him waiting for him to make the next move. But it's in perfect seconds like those that we freeze or a coincidence destroys the moment. The doorbell rang, and broke the moment. Catherine spun around while Kyle was frozen stiff. It was Connor and they both knew it.