- Text Size +
1.     Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. 

A tale of two houses 

Author note: This was originally two old stories of mine “Housing woes” and “The house on tiny Lane.” The former a SW story the latter a SM story.

  Chapter one  

Anne Cone looked the small one story house. It looked too small to hold 20 girls. Yet that was the number of girls reporting the house as their place of residence. She doubled checked the address. It was 10 Small Street all right.  With some unease she walked up the walkway and knocked on the door.

 

After a few seconds, a couple answered the door. The man was of medium height with brown hair and the woman was tall (just an inch shorter than Anne's 5'11") with long blond hair. Both appeared to be in their late twenties.

"Hello there. Are you looking for a place to stay?" The man asked."

"My name is Anne Cone. I'm with the admissions department at Ontario University. Our records indicate that twenty students live here."

"That's correct. Hope to get a few more before the end of the week." The man told Anne.

"Let me get this straight. You already got 20 student boarders and you plan to get more?"

"That's right." The man replied. "You tell them that Buck and Mistra still have room available."

"I'm Mistra and he's Buck." The Blond woman explained.

"I think she can figure that out." Buck said.

"Now look guys, you can't pack 20 girls in here. They don't have any living space."

"Space is not a problem." Buck replied.

"Why not see for yourself." Mistra suggested.

"All right I will. And if I don't like what I see I will have you shut down." Anne told them.

 

She then followed them inside the house. To Anne's surprise the house didn't seam to be crowded inside. True some girls had to be at class or work, but surely some had to be around.

"Where is everyone?" Anne asked.

"I'm here?" a tiny voice replied. Anne looked around. But she didn't see anyone.

"Down by your feet." Mistra told Anne.

 

Anne looked down and gasped. A six-inch tall redhead was standing there.

"This can't be." Anne muttered.

"We shrink the girls to 1/12th their original height." Buck explained.

"That's right." The redhead added. "I'm normally six feet tall. Name is Terri by the way."

"I'm Anne from the admissions department. This got to be a trick. You can't just shrink people."

"Oh yeah!" Buck and Mistra cried.

 

The world then grew around Anne. She was rapidly shrinking, clothes and all.

"This isn't happening." Anne cried.

"Oh it's happening all right." Terri replied.

Smaller and smaller Anne became until she was just under six inches tall.

"What are you? Wizards?" Anne asked.

"We are Sizechangers." Mistra replied.

"I've never heard of Sizechangers."

"We are not native to this universe. Come you wanted to see how our borders live."

Buck then reached for Anne. She tried to run, but her legs were paralyzed with fear. Buck lifted her up like she was a doll.

"Please put me down." Anne begged but instead of answering her. Buck took Anne to a small room. Inside was what looked like a cross section of an apartment building.  There were four floors. Each floor had three bedrooms and one bathroom. Ladders provided access between floors.

"This is where 12 of our borders live." Buck explained.

"What about the other eight borders?" Anne asked.

"They are in the room right next door." Buck answered. "The living conditions are the same."

Anne then noticed that four of the bedrooms were occupied with tiny students.

"Girls, this is Anne from the university admissions department. Who wants to volunteer to tell her what a great time you're having here?"

All four SW students looked at Buck. But only one said.

"Guess I'll talk to her."

"Thanks Tammy. Just buzz me when you're finished chatting." Buck then placed Anne on the ledge in front of Tammy's room then he left the room.

 

Anne looked Tammy over and the bedroom. Tammy had short blond hair and was five and three quarter's inches tall. To Anne she was 5'8". The room had a bed, a mirror, a desk with chair and a working lamp.

"You have electric power in here?" Anne asked.

"Yes, this whole building is powered by a small generator." Tammy replied. "Any other questions."

"I'm not sure where to start." Anne replied.

 

Tammy nodded in sympathy.

"I understand. I was shocked when I realized they shrink boarders. A few girls that applied for rooms here, went elsewhere when they saw what they would have to go through."

"What do girls who live here go through? And how to they expect doll sized students to go to class and work?" Anne asked.

"Whenever we need to go to class or work, we buzz one of the Sizechangers who takes us to the front door where they enlarge us." Tammy explained.

"And when you come back to the house?"

"They shrink us down again. The rents they charge aren't too bad."

"You pay them to get shrunk?"

"We pay them for a bed and a place to stay." A stranger replied. Anne turned around. A 5 and a quarter inch tall brunette was standing behind her.

"Anne meet Polly, she lives right below me."

"I know you. You work in the admissions office at the university."

"That's correct."

"You people should do more for students." Polly muttered. 'The only reason why most of us are here is because we couldn't find anywhere else to stay."

"Is that true?" Anne asked Tammy.

"Afraid so. Most of us don't like being small or being at the mercy of the Sizechangers. " Tammy replied.

"Who is the exception?" Anne asked.

"Terri, although I think there are few others who don't mind being small. Personally I think she's nuts. After all she's a basketball player. She should want to be taller not smaller." Polly replied.

"I meet her in the hall. She seamed perfectly happy."

"I have to agree with Polly, Terri a little crazy."

"Other than Buck and Mistra is there any other sizechangers here?" Anne asked.

"They're the only two that live here. But others visit occasionally. " Tammy replied.

"Some are friendly than others." Polly added. "There are rumours that a lesbian Sizechanger comes in from time to time and uses some of us girls as sex toys. But I've never seen it happen."

"What about food or water? Do they feed you guys? Anne asked."

"There's a water cooler on the ground floor. As for meals they provide breakfast and supper. They don't bother with lunch." Tammy replied.

"Mind leading me to the water cooler? I'm thirsty."

"Not a problem, follow me."

 

Anne followed Tammy to the edge of the ledge and then down the ladder to the water cooler below. There she helped herself to a glass of water.

"Where's this famous buzzer?" Anne asked.

"It ‘s over by that wall." Tammy led Anne to a button, four inches off the floor. It was the size of her hand.

 

"What are you going to tell your bosses?" Tammy asked.

"That's a good question. I haven't decided yet." Anne replied. Normally she would tell the truth, but they probably won't believe her.

Anne pressed the button. The words "dotar mical" filled the air.

"What was that?" Anne asked.

"Words in their language. We don't know the meaning."

Two male Sizechangers entered the room. Anne recognized Buck but not the other guy.

"This is Todd. He's a expert on Humanity." Buck told the SW at his feet.

"Hello girls." Todd said.

"We been talking and come to a decision. Anne you are not to tell your superiors what you learned here. Tell them that you found a big apartment building at this address."

"You want me to lie for you?"

Buck nodded.

"What if I refuse?" Anne asked.

"Then you'll remain shrunk for the rest of your life." Buck replied.

"People will miss me." Anne pointed out.

"We can shrink you so small that they will never find you." Buck countered.

"Let me talk to her alone. I can make her see reason" Todd pleaded in Sizechanger.

"All right. I'll leave her in your hands. But if she causes trouble for us, you're getting all the blame." Buck replied in the same language.

"What are they saying?" Anne asked Tammy.

"Beats me. I don't speak Sizechanger." Tammy replied.

 

Then two men then turned toward the SW.

"Anne please come with me."

"Do I have a choice?" Anne asked.

"No!" Todd replied. He then picked her up and carried her off.

 

Anne soon found herself in a bedroom alone with Todd.

"Now let's be reasonable Anne. What could you tell your bosses away?"

"The truth." Anne replied.

"The truth! You’re going to tell them that you got shrunk by a bunch of aliens and met students that were shrunk by the same aliens. Think they will believe you?"

"Of course they would." Anne lied.

"Really? I was once Human Anne. I know how they think. Tell them that you met Sizechanging aliens and they will put you in the Lonny bin."

"Wait a sec, you used to be human?" Anne asked.

"It's a story I rather not get into." Todd replied. "The truth is they are not going to believe you."

"I could bring them here. So they can see the truth with their own eyes."

"They have better things to do than check out where students live. So what's its going to be Anne? Are you going to cooperate or are you going to rebel?"

 

to be continued