- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Good luck Japan!

            David however, was not forgotten. He mostly replaced her chewing gum, and he loved it. It was like a very eccentric way of getting a massage. In some cases, he was placed in her mouth, wrapped in gum; though it made it hard to breathe and was a mess getting cleaned up or out of her mouth, it was one hell of a fun ride each time, and David never got tired of it, and neither did Melanie.

            Eventually however, things began to slow down, because something was about to happen. School was approaching! David didn’t care about school when compared to Melanie, even though he loved it. Melanie however, didn’t like school at all, rather she abhorred every minute of it, but regardless she had to go. So she decided she would bring David along with her.

            Still, many days have gone by since she last ate someone, and she was beginning to want. It was the first day of school, and she then had the ability to scout out potential meals. However she didn’t think she could get any at school on the first day, but she would do her best.

            She dressed in a light blue tank top, and jean Capri’s that ended just above her knee. Her clothing again, was tight as always, and showed off her body nicely. She also made certain her belly was covered, because she could not show off that part of her body at school. However much she disliked and the many people at the school did as well, it was part of the school dress code, and she followed it. However, many do say Melanie is one of the few girls that test the dress code, and stretch it to its very limit. . .

*  * *

            David was sitting in Melanie’s purse, her hand was in it and she was playing with him, sort of rubbing him absent mindedly as she was sitting through the most boring stuff she could think of. Being the first day in all, everyone had class meetings, ‘welcome back’ and what not. Boring, pointless stuff, she had no need for.  So she brought David along and was spending more attention playing with him while staring where she was supposed to.

            David on the other hand, was having fun, and going through all sorts of exercise. Sometimes he’d be running around her hand as she tried to knock him over or grab him. Other times he would be lying down on her fingers as she stroked him. This both proved to be very pleasing to both parties, as they spent more time doing that than any other activity.

            David could tell how bored Melanie must have been, he couldn’t see much of her, just her hand, and a bit of her wrist. The rest of her body was out of sight, which he didn’t enjoy, but understood it. He heard the endless droning of people outside, and when Melanie would get up to walk, it wasn’t such a pleasant ride when she did. But it was indeed a half day, and he knew lunch was coming up soon.

            After seventh period ended, an assembly, in which senior cheer leaders would do a jig, people would get up and rap on stage, and the principal came out and gave an overly rehearsed speech. Melanie was in the back, and she pulled David out and put him in her lap. She had her purse on her right, so she cupped her hands around David, and let him rest for a few minutes, while adjusting his eyes to the light, before picking him up again.

            She brought him up to her shoulder and used her hair to create a canopy around him, shielding him from view from all around. Melanie was on the top row, furthest from the speaker, so there weren’t too many people up there.

            “I’m glad the day is almost over, I’m starving!” Melanie said with emphasis quietly to David. He agreed, and asked her;

            “So then, how are you going to get some people? If you’re going to get someone today that is.”

            “Oh yes, I am, I’ve got some ideas on who I want to get. It’s not a good day to be a freshman.”

            “So, when and how?” David was curious.

            “Well… I have got some ideas, today everyone leaves early, and only freshmen have a  full day, while we have a half day. No one really cares; everyone just wants to go home. What if, we stay behind? It’s an all I can eat freshmen buffet!”

            “Ah.”

            After sitting for a few minutes, Melanie swallowed and muttered to David, “Hey David, I don’t know if you noticed, but I’ve been doing some studying.”

            “You have? On something new?”

            “Yes.”

            “What is it? If I may ask?”

            “You can, I’ve been reading more of my book, and I think I’ve learned a new spell. I can cast what is called a shade.”

            “Ooooh, what is that?”

            “Well… The shade is like an entity no one can see, and it shields an object, or in this case a person, from detection, or being seen or heard. If I cast that on you, I believe, I can make it so no one can see you, at all.”

            “That sounds pretty cool, but if they can’t see me, and don’t know I’m there, what stops them from doing something that could hurt me?”

            “The shade will go into their subconscious, and keep them from doing that. It’s pretty advanced stuff, and it doesn’t make all that much sense, but what I can take from it, it protects the casted object or person from all things related to other people. Only one spell can see through a shade, and I haven’t figured that part out yet. It’s in a different, runic language.” Melanie shrugged, and almost knocked David off her shoulder.

            Melanie didn’t notice, but David caught a hold of himself by grabbing onto the tight shirt fabric on Melanie’s collar, and saved himself. “So? What are you going to do?”

            “This,” Melanie reached up and picked up David, and held him in the air, and acted as if she were stretching. David almost had a heart attack; he was in the air in public! He could be seen! When Melanie brought him back down to her face, she smiled. “Have fun?”

            “Why’d you do that?” David asked as he was replaced on Melanie’s shoulder.

            “Because, I was just testin it out, eventually, I’ll do it again without tellin ya. But I’ve cast a shade on you. Only I can see you, how cool is that?”

            “Well that’s pretty nice. What else are you going to do with that?”

            “Oh, ill cast it on myself later, and go seduce some young kid, and then it’ll be lunch time! Maybe I’ll even have a picnic. Who knows? It’s almost time though, the principal just said good bye.”

            As the Audience was getting up to leave, Melanie placed David in her bag, and told him her plan. It was pretty simple, he was just going to sit in there, and try not to make any noise, while Melanie would try to go find some lunch.

            Melanie situated herself, made sure she was presentable, pushed her hair back behind her head, and followed the crowd of students now leaving the auditorium, to go for the lunch room, and busses. Melanie started scouting. She followed the masses of people out towards the cafeteria, and started looking for lone kids, or groups of people that looked younger. It was quite easy to figure things out, she had a growth spurt over the summer, so she now stood just shy of six foot tall (and her doctors said she was absolutely done growing, this time for sure, even though that’s what they said last time), and these freshmen were all really, really short to her. She even saw one who must have been four foot!

            He looks so adorable! She thought as she eyed him leaving in the opposite direction. She saw someone who looked like a freshmen, he was a lot shorter than her, and a perfect target! she thought to herself. She followed him at a good distance. He looked to be alone, a kid who didn’t seem to know anyone, and was new to the whole idea of being a freshmen. He was reading a paper, probably his schedule, when Melanie walked up to him.

            “Hiya!” She said in her sweetest voice.

            The kid looked up from the paper, and didn’t expect to see a girl, or even hear one for that matter. He was startled. He looked up at Melanie’s face, and didn’t quite know what to say.

            “I’m Melanie, what’s your name?” She said holding out her hand.

            He kind of stuttered for a minute, stumbling over a vocabulary that just went on vacation. “I uh…uh, I’m Josh.” He reached for her hand and took hold of it shyly. She gripped him and shook it. Oh god! She’s so soft!

            “Nice to meet you Josh. Like I said, I am Melanie. A senior. What year are you?”

            “I am uhh… Oh yea, a freshman.”

            Perfect! Melanie thought. “So how do you like it so far here in High school?” She smiled,

            “It’s alright, it seems. I’m kinda scared of being a Freshmen in all, apparently there’s some kinda Freshmen Hunt that goes on around here, and I don’t want to be caught. You know, I don’t wanna get hurt.”

            “Oh that’s horrible, never thought that actually happened here!” She gave Josh a quick hug, caught him completely off guard. Melanie being so much taller than him and he being so short and so unsuspecting. He didn’t even come up to Melanie’s shoulder!  “You can hang out with me if you want.” She said as she let go of him. He turned a shade of pink.

            “Sure, I wouldn’t mind.” Melanie giggled at this and put her arm around him, pulling him close to her body.

            “Do you know your way around here? No? I wouldn’t think so, since it’s your first day. Here, let’s walk, let’s talk.” Melanie led him on as they talked. She kept him close with her arm around him, holding him firmly, making sure he walked close enough to brush up against her.

            She was trying pretty hard to seduce him, in a way, and so far it was working. David didn’t know what was going on; he just knew Melanie had been talking with someone for a while.

            Melanie showed Josh around, pointing out key features of the school, all while leading him towards the less traveled parts, the back of the school. She figured she could take him somewhere no one would see, and shrink him there. Then she could either eat him then or go find someone else.

            She succeeded in maneuvering him to a vending machine where they both bought something. Melanie made sure to keep his attention while talking, and while they walked together down the hall she told him a few of her stories as a freshman. Eventually they made it to an alcove where no one was at, it was in the science hall. No one in their right mind would go down here willingly. She told him of her classes here, and eventually they stopped.

            “So, what do ya think?” Melanie gulped the last bit of her food, leaving some in the wrapper and pushing it into her bag for David.

            “Well, it seems like a cool school. If I am remembering correctly, freshmen have a full day and you would have to go home right? Will I see you tomorrow?”

            “Umm… Well, to be honest, I’m not going home. And sure, you’ll see me tomorrow. What kind of classes do you have, may I see your schedule?”

            “Sure,” Josh had put his stuff away in a side bag, and had to put it down to go get it. He put the bag on the ground and turned away from Melanie and kneeled down to go look for it. In this position he was just above her knee, and Melanie stepped back.

            Here goes. Melanie made sure no one was around, and she began to cast her spells. First her shade, which she made sure to start earlier, and now to shrink Josh.

            “Found it!” Josh held the paper up as he began putting stuff away; Melanie however, was a bit too quick. She said her little incantation and a quick little flash and Josh was no more. All that remained was a little kid on the floor hunched over a tiny, tiny bag. Josh noticed right quick what happened.

            He looked up, absolutely freaked out, and looked around. Behind him he heard a sound, a foot step. He looked behind him and he saw Melanie, she looked as if she were a thousand feet high from his point of view! Melanie crouched next to him and put her knee on the ground behind him. Using her delicate fingers, she scooped Josh up leaving his bag. Josh wasn’t aware he left his bag; he was competently in a trance.

            As Melanie stood up, she located the bag, and crushed it with all her weight, a series of crunches and pops were heard and she kicked it into the corner. “Melanie?” He looked up at her. Finally, she returned her attention to him.

            “Hi Josh! How do you like your new height?”

            “Did you… Wha?... What did you do to me?”

            “Why, I shrank you silly!”

            “Why?”

            “I wanted someone to play with and someone as cute as you too.”

            “But, are you going to let me go?”

            “Maybe, I don’t know.”

            “You have to let me go! You’re so pretty and soft!”

            “Oh thank you,” Melanie smiled at him and kissed him very lightly. She looked for her bag, unzipped the side pocket (David was in the main center pocket), and deposited her new found catch. “Don’t go anywhere, we are gonna have so much fun together!”

            “Melanie!” Josh screamed, as she zipped her pouch closed.

            “Now that was fun, I need to go find some more people! I’m really, really hungry!” Melanie said to herself quietly. She made sure no one was watching, and she went back to the cafeteria.

            Once there, she searched and searched, not finding anyone else like her current catch. Everyone had friends, or at least were part of a group. Hmm… Maybe a group then. Melanie thought to herself, as she walked to the corner of the cafeteria, and found a group of young boys, who were all sitting at a table, laughing and talking.

            “Hey boys.” Melanie said as she walked up to the end of the table, putting her hands on the table and leaning her body up against it, trying to put her body on display again. There was a general disbelief. A tall girl who looked like a senior was talking to them? Stellar!

Chapter End Notes:

We've received a few pieces of email from everyone; thank you if you sent some! If you haven't, do think about it! If you have any questions regarding anything about the story, upcoming releases, etc. Let us know! We are 56.3% complete with Draft 5! --TFK