- Text Size +
Chapter two  

"What's your name?" Emma asked Penny.

"Penny Wisemen."

"Don't worry Penny, you're safe with me." Emma told Penny.

"Why did you take me from Carol and Lucy?"

"We blondes have to stick together. Besides I don't like Asians."

"Why not?"

"I come from an earth where Asians rule the world. To be more exact, the Triple alliance rules the world. It's an alliance of Chinese, Koreans and Japanese."

"I can't imagine those people working together."

"They managed to conquer my America, but enough about my home world. How far along were you in the tour?"

"Saw the second floor and Lucy was taking me to see the celebrities on the first floor." Penny replied.

"I see. Bet you had nothing to eat but that yucky SW meal and water."

"Unfortunately you are right."

"Why don't I take you to the kitchen for some real food."

"That would be lovely."

 

The kitchen turned out to be in a building all its own. It was a fair distance from the mansion.

"Maxar is afraid of fires." Emma explained. "Especially when SW try to cook."

"Is it a mini kitchen?" Penny asked.

"No! Everything in it is normal sized."

"Speaking of normal, looking at the sky, I don't see anything different. It's a typical sunny day."

"The night sky is a bit different. So is some of the animal and plant life."

 

There were four shrunken women cooking in the kitchen when they arrived. There was a two-foot tall redhead. She was trying to make pancakes. An 18-inch tall black girl was assisting her. An 18-inch tall Asian girl and a 12-inch tall blond that looked like a Barbie doll were making some sort of soup."

 

"It's not fair. These girls are all taller than me." Penny complained.

"Complain to Maxar not me." Emma replied. "Besides there are a lot of girls in the harem smaller than you."

The SW cooks then noticed Emma.

"Cooks I want you to meet Penny Wisemen. She's a new recruit for the harem."

"Drafted more likely." The black girl replied.

"You got that right. If you don't mind me asking, who are you people?"

 

"Katie O'Neil the name." The baby sized redhead replied.

"My name is Barbie Fox." The 12-inch blond replied. "And I want no doll jokes."

"Call me Ki." The Asian replied.

"Sara Harp." The black girl replied. "Hope you escape the fate of Tina Dime."

"Why? What happened to her?" Penny asked.

"Maxar shrunk her to the size of a dime."  Sara replied.

"You’re saying he'll shrink me to the size of a penny?" Penny asked in rising horror.

"He could. Be thankful your name isn't Beverly Atom." Katie said.

"Poor girl got shrunk to microscopic size. Nobody has seen her since." Barbie added.

"That's enough SW. Time to get some real food into Penny." Emma suggested

"Good idea what's available?"

 "Too many things to list why not see for yourself?"

 

After looking over the options, Penny went for an apple and some of the soups the SW were cooking and some coffee. While she was eating, a five-inch tall girl walked into the kitchen. Judging from her looks, Penny guessed she was Latino. She walked up to Penny and said.

"Repent or face judgement for your sins."

"Excuse me?" Penny said.

"Abandon your scepticism of God and accept Jesus as the lord of your life or be thrown into hell."

"That's enough Preacher." Emma said.

"That's what they call you?" penny asked.

"My real name is Mary Gabriel. But they call me the Preacher."

"Look I'm an atheist. Your God doesn't scare me."

"He should Penny. He should."

"How did you know my name?" Penny asked.

"Probably used one of her Hand tricks." Katie commented.

"Hand tricks?"

"That's what humans of her world call themselves although I hesitate to call them human."

"It's not my fault that God decided to bless the humans of my universe with abilities not found in humans elsewhere." Mary said.

"Come on Penny. It's time to go." Before Penny could protest, Emma grabbed her and carried her out of the kitchen.

"You can't escape God's judgement." Mary called out after them.

 

"Does she really have powers?" Penny asked Emma.

"Yes. I would avoid her if you can,"

"You sound like you’re afraid of her."

"Nonsense. So what do what to do next?" Emma asked Penny.

"Lucy mentioned the singers and actresses on the first floor. I won't mind meeting some of them."

"All right."

A few minutes walk brought them back to the mansion.

 

"This is the main entertainment room." Emma explained. Inside the room were three televisions. Each television was beside a wall and every television had women watching them. Along the other wall was a computer.

"This is all you do for entertainment? Watch television and go on the computer?"

"He does have a cable system with a thousand channels from all over the Wishbone multi-universe. And the computer has lots of games on it."

"Any thing else?"

"Sometimes the actresses put on a play and the singers sing. But other than walking there's not much to do around here."

"What about reading?"

"Maxar's not into books. A few SW have requested a library, but it hasn't showed up yet."

 

Penny then spotted a familiar face in one of the crowds watching television.

"Hey! Isn't that Pamela Anderson over there?"

"Yes it is. She one of the 'famous' people around here."

"How come you put famous in quotes?"

“Because some people are famous in some timelines and not others."

"Still have trouble with this alternate timeline stuff."

"You'll get used to it. There is an actress room and a singer room. Which one do you wish to visit?"

"The singer room. "

 

There were just a handful of singers in the singer room. All the singers seamed to be between five and six inches tall. There was a blond girl singing in the center of the room.

"Who's that singing?" Penny asked.

"That's Hilary Duff." Emma replied.

Hilary then stopped singing.

"Do you want some thing Emma?" She asked.

"Just giving Penny here a tour. She wanted to meet some of the celebrities around here." Emma then placed Penny on the floor. The singers then gathered around Penny. Some of them she recognized some she didn't.

"Shania Twain is that you?" Penny asked.

Before Shania could respond the intercom came to life.

"Attention! This is Maxar. Will someone please bring Penny Wisemen to my third floor show room."

"It’s time to go short stuff." Emma said as she picked Penny up.

"What's this about a show room?" Penny asked.

"It's a room where he shows off his some of his shrinking feats."

"Like what?"

"I would tell you but being a sceptic I doubt you'll believe me. Besides you'll soon see for your self."

  

To be continued