- Text Size +

After about 30 minutes of lying, the door opens, and the light turns on. I’m temporarily blinded by this light, but after my eyes get adjusted to it, I see the form of a person walking through the doorway. This is odd, I think. Jenny wouldn’t have finished work for another like five hours.

“Sally, we need to go,” I hear a fainter voice call to this mysterious intruder. “We already late for the party, and we still have to go to the mall to buy her a gift.”

“Hold your horses Rachel. I just need to put on some eye-liner. It’ll take a second.”

Oh, this must be Jenny’s younger sister, Sally, a 19-year old freshman at our school. Jenny always complained that Sally would come into her room and use her make-up even though she could never prove it. Jenny said she’d come back and notice all her cosmetics have been moved around from how she left them and always suspected it was Sally. So she was right all along.

“All right but be quick about it. We have to go soon.”

I feel the ground quake as she walks into the room. She doesn’t notice me lying in the middle of the floor but is looking at the dresser ahead of her. I see her steps coming closer and closer, and it is beginning to look like she might step of me. I try to yell up to her, but that is of no use. I see her foot rise above me and wince as it lowers right over me. I think I’m as good as dead. Luckily my judgment is slightly wrong, and her foot lands about six inches from my waist and avoids both me and the yarn I’m tied to. She walks over to the dresser, takes out some of Jenny’s eyeliner, and begins putting it on her face. After a minute or so she is finished and begins to leave the room. I hear her footsteps coming and try to look behind me, but I can’t really turn my head. I lie there in fear unable to tell where she is stepping or whether she will step on me. I hear her steps come closer and closer, not sure whether the next moment will be my last. Suddenly I feel her big toe land on my head as the rest of the foot landed on the two pieces of yarn attached to my arms. I gasp as the giantess trips over this unexpected obstacle and flies down the room, falling only a few feet away from me.

“What the hell was that?”

Before I know it, Sally is looking down on my helpless body.

“Help me!” I scream.

“You can talk? What are you?”

“Just undo me, and I’ll explain everything.”

“Sally, come on. What’s taking you so long,” Rachel calls from the background.

“Rachel, come here. I found something interesting,” Sally responds.

“This had better be good.”

I hear what sounds like someone coming up some stairs and then the door open. I can’t look away from Sally who is staring down at me perplexed. Like her sister, Sally had black hair except a little shorter. She was wearing a green shirt, blue jeans, and no shoes.

“What is it?” Rachel asks.

“I don’t know. I found this on the floor.”

My gaze now shifts to the girl named Rachel, presumably one of Sally’s friends. She looks about Sally’s age. She has brown hair and an impatient-looking face. She was wearing a black skirt that went down to her knees and flip-flops. She stares down at me looking just as perplexed as Sally.

Finally after a several seconds of everyone staring at each other, Rachel breaks the silence, “Is that a tiny man?”

“I think,” replies Sally. “I think it’s my sister’s boyfriend.”

“Yes, I am, and I need help to get away from her. She’s gone crazy and shrunk me,” I explain, but I’m not sure if they heard me.

“What should we do with him?” Sally asks. “I don’t just want to leave him here to be stepped on.”

“I know. Maybe we won’t need to go to the mall to after. We have a gift for her right here. It’ll save time and money. Sally, go find a shoe box and wrapping paper.”  

As Sally leaves to do that, Rachel bends over, unties me from the yarn, and lifts me up to her face.

“What is your name?”

“Aaron.”

“All right Aaron, I’m Rachel.”

“Here you go,” Sally interrupts as she comes in with a shoe box and gift wrap.

“Thanks Sally,” Rachel states. “Aaron, boy do we have some plans for you.”