- Text Size +

Todd Mason made his own way over a large lake, where he looked down and saw a giant woman fishing. She noticed him too, and suddenly swung the fishing line high in the air and snagged his airship. All of his strength did nothing to dislodge the hook, as she pulled with all of her giant strength and reeled the line in.

 

“You can forget about flying away, little man!” she called up, as he saw her huge form getting closer, “I’ll take you over a fish any day.”

 

The implications were as obvious as Aymeetungworta’s initial announcement to Tommy, and this woman seemed to be far more serious about going through with her plans to have Todd for her next meal. He watched helplessly as his airship was brought down by the unbreakable giant fishing line and the strength of the huge woman’s arms.

 

As the airship drew closer, he briefly thought of parachuting, but knew it would only take him into her hand sooner. Her tongue came into focus, as he saw her licking her lips over and over in anticipation. She was using him for sport and would soon use him for food.

 

He saw the twinkles in her gleaming eyes, as she dropped the rod and seized the airship. He backed into the enclosed area, but saw the whole compartment ripped off and flung aside. Then she seized him and dropped him into her picnic basket and gathered up the rod and walked over to a nice stretch of grass. He was glad that the folded rug had broken his fall. The woman sat down and took him out, sat him on her shoulder and unfolded the rug. Then she sat down and eyed her prize.

 

“You look a very tasty morsel,” she declared, showing her nice even teeth.

 

He certainly hoped he wasn’t going to have an encounter with those.

 

“Do you think it will hurt much in your tummy?” he asked.

 

“It won’t hurt at all, although you won’t be coming out any time soon,” she said, “Of course I’ll gulp you to the front section. There’ll be a large wall of flesh separating you from the other section where my digestive acids are. You’ll be spending many years down there, little man, so you’d better get used to the idea.”

 

“Does your tummy really have two parts?” he asked.

 

“Don’t all tummies?” asked the woman.

 

“Not where I come from,” he said.

 

“Well you’ll soon see for yourself, or feel at any rate, that I do. You won’t get hungry in there, just absorb energy from me, not that you’ll need much. I may cough you up in a decade or two, or I might just leave you there forever. You’ll meet my tummy soon enough, but you’d better meet me properly first. I’m Hyltene. Do you have a name?”

 

“Yes, I’m Todd Mason.”

 

“Well Todd Mason, you’re about to be eaten. Take a good look at my tummy. You’ll be there for a long time,” she said in a confident and satisfied voice.