- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey, sorry I've taken awhile to get a new chapter up. Here's something new to get things going again
Amanda was close to tears. John's story, though he tried to be as humorous as possible terrified her. But the reason she was close to tears was due to the fact that they had spent the better part of the morning trying to get John back to normal size with no success. Amanda's brand new MCEx was totally unresponsive. Normally, she'd call John over to fix a broken appliance, she had absolutely no clue how to work electronics, let alone fix a complicated piece of machinery like the one staring back at her right then. Even with John telling her what to do, the machine remained stubbornly broken.

"It's alright beautiful, we'll need to call the company to get it fixed," John told her from his perch on her laptop keyboard. It had been his idea to use the inbuilt microphone to pick up his voice and amplify it. The background of the glowing computer screen was filled with colourful patterns, fixed in place as the karaoke programme she'd turned on remained paused.

"But we can't let you just stay this way..what if something happens to you, isn't there something else we can try?" she said to him, walking back to the kitchen counter where John and the laptop lay.

"Relax babe, nothing is going to happen to me, besides, they had better fix this quick or I'll sue them all!" John called back up at her waving his fists in the air in a show of mock anger.

Brushing her hair back, she could feel a choking feeling growing in her chest. This was insane, things like this never happen. That machine was supposed to be safe. She only bought it because it made moving her stuff around so easy. And it was great for storing old junk. She never thought it would work on a human being, let alone her boyfriend. Looking down at her tiny John, she couldn't help feeling a bit ridiculous. She wondered how John felt looking up at her. She must look so different, so gigantic to him. A gigantic, blubbering girl with no make-up on. "I'm hideous," she thought to herself. She felt tears welling up in her eyes, she was sure now that her tiny lover saw her simply as a monster that had tried to swallow him alive.

"Baby, what's wrong?" she heard him say as she wiped tears away from her eyes.

"Sweetheart, listen, everything is going to be alright. Lets just make that call and then how about you and I have some lunch and I'll give you a massage," he continued, his gaze travelling over Amanda's canyon sized cleavage. A pang of hunger ran through his body as he stared at her semi naked flesh, contained barely by the lacy black bra she had on.

"A massage? Are you sure? You're not afraid of me? But..after last night," she said sobbing, her tears streaming down quickly, dropping onto the table. Pulling the robe she was wearing tighter, she seemed to hug herself as she leaned back on the barstool.

"Sweetheart, you're gorgeous. I love you and last night was the best adventure I've had in a long time. I haven't felt so alive in a long time, so cheer up okay? Things can only get better now that I've got you again," answered John, a large grin lighting up his face as he watched several tears splash onto the counter in front of him, forming small pools he could very well swim in.

Amanda smiled, wiping her wet cheeks. He sounded like his positive and optimistic self, but she wondered if that was just a mask for her benefit. She knew for certain that she would be paralysed with fear if she was in his position. The situation was utterly ridiculous. But if John was trying to make the best of it, so would she. Putting aside her own fears, she decided to make a conscious effort to be as positive as John was.

"Well okay..but only if you tell me something first," Amanda said, gazing at the tiny figure on her laptop.

"Sure," John replied, his eyes still stuck looking into the darkness that now hid Amanda's bountiful breasts from his view. He couldn't wait to explore her at this size, the thought had never occured to before, but looking at the gorgeous woman, he didn't really care if the company took awhile to fix his situation. He was perfectly fine for now.

"Do I look fat to you?" she said, before they both broke out laughing.


**********************


After calling up the local Nutty Joe's dealer, Amanda felt a lot better. Apparently, her machine wasn't the first to malfunction, though she had refrained from telling the man on the line that the malfunction had nearly led to her boyfriend being devoured whole. Watching John munch away at a small segment of bread she had torn off her own sandwich, she could hardly help laughing. He looked so strange, sitting on top of the sliver of bread, tearing away bits of it to eat.

"I've never eaten anything while sitting on it at the same time, it's fun! You should try it babe, seriously. Oh and would you mind cutting me a slice of chocolate please? I've gotta try that," John shouted up at her.

"Chocolate? Alright John, but you'd better watch your eating! Don't want you losing that trim physique before all this is over, I'm missing you already..." Amanda replied laughing.

"What a killjoy. Well, just a bit then thanks," John replied.

As she served her tiny man, Amanda's thoughts began to drift to the night before. She had been so drunk, but surely she would have seen her tiny lover at some point. Why couldn't she remember? As she took another bite out of her sandwich, she had the sudden urge to look inside. Looking down at John happily enjoying his meal, she discreetly split the two slices open and looked inside. Nothing.

But the thought wouldn't leave her mind. Was it really so easy to overlook a tiny creature in her food? Had she inadvertently consumed other creatures, other people even? She remembered reading somewhere that the average human consumed a ton of bugs or so every year in their food.

If it had almost happened to John, how could she be sure it wouldn't happen again? Didn't happen again? Or maybe these things were just meant to happen... How could she know for sure? John had survived but these machines were in almost every home nowadays, every other office. The repair man did say hers was not the first malfunction he had heard off.

It was surprising that no one had been affected before. Or had they? Would it be reported? She doubted there would be any way to tell if a person had disappeared due to being minimized. How many missing people out there were really not missing, how many were still lurking around their homes or workplaces, hoping for help, hoping to be saved. How many had dared to approach their normal sized loved one's, like John had in her case. How many had been as lucky? Her eyes glazed over as she thought about the possibilities while taking bite after bite of her sandwich.


**************************

"Eh Mario, get over here," said Giovanni as he put down the phone. The shop was closed for the day as his staff scrambled to keep up with the sudden rise in malfunctioning MCEx's and MCEz's. All over town, machine's had been breaking down and he'd spent the better part of the night answering warranty claims from angry customers.

"I'll be right there Mr. Salvatore," came the reply from the back of the shop.

"We got another one up at Queens Street. THe lady, she sounded like, how you say, pissed off, so you better get down there quick," Giovanni shouted back at the young man.

"Diavolo," Mario muttered under his breath. "I've got to get to the other job first Mr. Salvatore, you know the one that came in last night," he shouted back.

"I dont care which one you do first, just get those machine's fixed before my phone decides to break itself okay?" said Giovanni picking up another call. He'd never sell another extended warranty ever again.


****************************

Buzz. Mario rang the buzzer at the reception of a fancy apartment building in the Upper East, one of those million dollars a pad buildings with the marble floors and chandelier the size of his room decorating the ambiently lit lobby. The doorman had let him in, pointing him in the direction of the intercoms right beside the empty reception desk. Mario took a look around before the speaker crackled to life and a husky, deeply feminine voice came over the line.

"Ooo, he's a handsome one Kari, where'r you from pretty boy?" said the voice from the speakerbox.

"Ah, I'm Mario..from Nutty Joe's...I'm here to repair your MCEx," Mario answered, smiling as he noticed the small button camera beside the keypad.

"Mmm alright hot stuff, you kept us waiting quite awhile now. Come on up then," the voice said as a beep sounded beside the elevator.

Punching in the stop for floor number 29, Mario closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He couldn't stand small spaces, and the thought of being in a tiny box as it rocketed up the side of a building had never appealed to him. But 29 floors was a long walk up so he took another deep breath and waited for the doors to open.

"29th Floor," an automated female voice announced.

"Here we go," muttered Mario, stepping into the corridor that led to apartment number 8.

"And he's tall too," said the woman who opened the door, covered up in nothing but a short towel. She didn't sound like the lady who spoke over the intercom, so Mario assumed the pretty young brunnette was Kari .

"Eh you should see my cousin Dino, he's so tall they wouldn't let him ride the Corckscrew down at the pier," said Mario with a smile, letting a touch of nervousness creep into his voice. The pretty brunnette laughed at his attempt and ushered him into the living room of what had to be the most luxurious apartment Mario had ever seen. And he'd been in many, many apartments.

"I'm Kari," the brunnette said, confirming Mario's thoughts. "We've been having some trouble getting the machine going and Anqelique's eager to get it up and running again..." she continued.

"Ah I see, dont worry, I'll get it up and going in a few eh," said Mario with a quick wink as he walked with her into the kitchen.


*****************************

"Handsome and handy around the house, what a catch you'd be," said a voice from above.

Mario peeked out from the open cabinet and let his gaze ascend the long, toned thighs in front of him, that led to him being met by a sultry look from a pair of deep, hazel-blue eyes. Her body seemed made for sex and her presence was unadulterated sensuality. All he could think about was how much he wanted her.

"I could say the same about you, but I think you're the kind of woman that lets herself get caught," Mario replied, his gaze unwavering.

A smile turned around the right corner of her blood red lips, and for a moment, her eyes turned away from his.

"And he thinks too, how do you keep the ladies of you?" she replied with a smirk.

"The greasy overalls help," said Mario with a laugh, finally breaking eye contact with her and turning back to the machine inside the cupboard.

"I'm almost done fixing your converter Miss..." he said.

"Beaumont," Angelique replied.

Mario was starting to get a feel for the woman, but his time was running out if he wanted her. And things were just that much harder for him because Kari was around. Initially, he had not even thought about it, but the woman standing behind him was too good to pass up. See Mario liked to provide a full service experience for his clients, usually bored, middle aged women who's husbands worked too much and did too little.

Most women loved the attention he'd give them when he worked their appliances, often letting him pay more attention to them later. It was cliche, he knew, but it broke the monotony of his work. Occasionally though, he'd come across a gem like Angelique. His mind was going into overdrive figuring out what he'd do as he snapped the cover back onto the MCex.

"Alright, it's fixed," he said, standing up.

"Kari dear, the machine is fixed," Angelique called out.

Mario watched as the pretty brunette walked back into the kitchen, this time wearing shorts and a t-shirt in response to her darker haired housemate. And what dark hair...Mario could just imagine the wavy locks of obsidian falling across her naked back as...

"Mario? Would you mind testing it out with us before you go?" Kari asked him.

"Uhm, sure, of course, if you have something you want to test it with" Mario answered back, the images quickly fading into reality.

"We do, I'll just go get it," Angelique replied as she walked around the counter and into the adjacent room.


"So how long have you two been dating?" Mario asked, looking to provoke a response.

"2 years," came the reply from a grinning Kari.

"Owh, really now.." Mario said, unsure if she was pulling his leg or if she meant it. He'd be hard pressed to get in with Miss Sensuality if Kari was more than a roommate.

"Yes really, but occasionally, we let a guy come along for a date," Kari replied.

"Ah, now that sounds like fun," Mario said back, the feeling of relief washing over him. He might just get lucky anyway, he thought as the smiling brunnette walked up to him slowly.

"It is fun," Kari replied her arms reaching up to his neck, her eyes looking deep into his.

"You'd like our dates," she continued, as she slowly leaned into his lips and Mario closed his eyes.


*******************************

"Eh Dino, I can't get through to Mario," Giovanni shouted out back.

"There's another call from that lady again, said he didn't show, I want you to go look into it," he continued.

"Yes sir Mr Giovanni sir," replied Dino with a sigh of frustration.

"That bastardo," he muttered under his breath as he picked up his jacket and made his way out the door.


*******************************

Mario opened his eyes and stared back into Kari's. Not a bad kiss, he actually enjoyed it. Still, he wanted Angelique and if making Kari happy was the way to her, he could think of worse obstacles to fall in his way.

Just as he thought that, a loud boom shook him and took his gaze away from the brunette. Turning around he realised...

"Apparently your overalls weren't greasy enough little man," boomed that husky voice.

"Per l'amor di dio," muttered Mario as Kari walked away and climbed into Angelique's open palm.