- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
My second story, also my most inspired by a picture/concept. I kinda got tired of working on it, but it still came out good, if not the longest i've written.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. Basically, it’s my story, don’t rip it off. Also, any relationships that coincidentally match real people are just that, coincidences.

Tabby was very excited about her new house. For so long she had wished to move out of her parents’ house. Now at the age of nineteen, she was able to fulfill this dream. She had finished moving in everything the day before, but she spent one last night with her parents. The place was fairly simple, but to Tabby, it was more than adequate. It was a one story house, carpet in the living room, linoleum floors elsewhere. Tabby actually preferred the linoleum floor, as carpet generally gets dingy fast and never truly cleans, short of all-out war. The tiles had no gaps in between, and they all were still the proper color. There were three bedrooms and one and a half baths. They, too, were well-kept.
The yards were fabulously pleasant, as it appeared the whole house was. Grass trimmed very short and neat with no weeds. An empty planter sat in wait under one of the front windows. The only blemish existed in the back yard. The spot was almost perfectly round with a diameter of about 30 feet. It was grayish in color, with dots of dirt and what appeared to be grass sprouts, albeit the sprouts didn’t even appear to be off the ground. The whole area seemed to sit about half an inch below the surrounding, flat yard. The change in elevation was barely noticeable. The saleswoman hypothesized the previous owner had used this spot for bonfires, as she was quite the party animal, according to the neighbors. Distinct lines, rectangular shapes, and dots of black were visible, but merely attributed to ash colorations.
One week earlier, Tabby and Melissa, the agent, stood at the edge of the ashes, and Melissa proceeded to explain her theory. Tabby wore cutoff shorts, a yellow tank top, and a pair of plain white flip-flops. Melissa, on the other hand, was dressed to impress. She wore a grey skirt that came to her knees, a black blouse, appropriate make-up, and a pair of open-toed strappy heels. Her heels had a pointed heel, a large, open arch, and an oval-shaped toe section. As she spoke, she raised her right foot, and touched the toe platform to the ashes to provide evidence to her theory. When the shoe contacted the ground, a small puff of white dust arose from around her toes, and a definite crunch was slightly audible. Tabby noticed a complete shoeprint two feet from where Melissa set her foot. This must have been another spot Melissa tested. Melissa let her foot sit in its spot for about 10 seconds, shifting the ball of her foot, grinding the ash down to the soil. With this, she determined the ash pile to be old, and grass would talk better hold soon, and she removed her foot to reveal a mix of brown and grey dirt. Melissa turned to show Tabby the newly-painted fences, but Tabby noticed a steady grey dust continue to rise from the footprint, but Melissa’s beckoning drew Tabby’s attention before she could investigate more, and within 30 seconds she forgot all about it.
The people of Teracity had long lived in peace. They possessed great technology equivalent to that of normal humans. The city itself had a diameter of seven miles. This left so much room for development that the tallest building was no more than four stories high. All houses were one or two stories. The city sat in a valley 75 feet below forest level. The forest, in reality, was blades of grass 100 feet tall. Their goddess had let them live in peace. Long ago, she quit disturbing the settlement, and long after she died, the land sat for sale for years. Most people had never seen a full-size human. The goddess even eliminated all insects and creatures from the back yard by creating a microscopic perimeter of poison several miles into the forest. Somehow, she treated the grass to keep it a consistent height indefinitely. Life was swell.
Until cameras from atop the tallest communications towers showed activity far into the forest, and within minutes, two of the biggest objects anyone could have ever imagined stood over the defenseless city. Each standing about three kilometers (one and 4/5 miles) high, the females were utterly massive. In reality, they were each only around 5’5”, but to the nearly microscopic citizens of Teracity, they were impossibly large. The conversation of the two women echoed like thunder across the city. Most people didn’t even hear the speech, as those on the opposite end of the city were inside watching the news, and those nearer to the four towering legs were evacuating. Then, quicker than it seemed to Melissa, a foot in an opened-toed sandal descended into the suburbs near the edge of town, maybe half a mile inside the perimeter. With unstoppable force, a black wall impacted and sent a rippling earthquake felt five miles away. Those underneath the toe platform looked up to see a dirt-covered cloud fall to earth. The tread was entirely flat, and it crushed all life out of existence. The wind from the impact sent roofs and concrete flying into the air in the immediate vicinity of the shoe. Melissa’s toes hung over the edge, and thousands saw her flex them from the angle she set her foot down. Her twisting motion for those ten seconds sent those who survived the initial impact into utter terror. Screams were instantly silenced as the massive wall moved at unavoidable speed. Almost a quarter of a square mile was instantly removed from existence, exposing soil mixed with concrete, metal, and bodies. Just as quickly as it happened, Melissa lifted her foot and turned to leave. With the rising motion of the foot, another gust of wind sucked a few survivors into the disaster field, where they sat on a flat plain of nothing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tabby was terribly excited to be standing in her own back yard. It was hers and hers alone. The yard was so expansive; it seemed to stretch forever until the back fence. But immediately her eyes snapped to the ash pile. It was such an eyesore. She began walking towards the unsuspecting city at a moderate pace. She wore another pair of cutoffs, but this time a dark blue shirt that exposed her midriff, and a matching pair of dark blue flip-flops. She arrived in quite the same manner as the previous week. She stood in awe of such a large spot of nothing. The gouges in the mess from Melissa’s previous visits were still quite visible and still well-defined. Tabby slid her left foot out of the beach sandal, and with her big toe, prodded the pile and immediately lifted her foot, and returned it to her flip-flop. She encountered the same results as Melissa, but on a smaller scale. A clean toe print existed, and it also stirred up brown soil, but it was more mixed with grey. White dust rose, but not as high. She lifted her foot to her knee, bent over, and looked at the bottom of her toe. She saw the white dust, but it seemed to be in larger chunks than she imagined based on the feel, and distinct shapes were clearly visible. She replaced her foot on the sandal. Tabby gave a “hmph” and lifted that same foot, and set it down squarely one-half mile inside the city. The crunch was very audible compared to Melissa’s, since Tabby set an entire foot down. Again she raised her foot and set it in the grass. The result was now a large patch of grayish brown where a dotted line half a centimeter wide had once been surrounded by countless buildings.
All hell was breaking loose. Over the past week, no clear plan had been established in case of another visit by the rather large females. A few brave folks simply left the city. Everyone stocked up on water and batteries, but these items were useless when the towers picked up Tabby approaching in her summer garb. At her arrival, people stood in the streets, looking up in awe. The giantess was watching them.
“She’s gotta see us,” commented Ted.
She then lifted her bare foot, and poked the city with her big toe. Dozens were killed instantly, still more were killed in the shock of the impact.
“She doesn’t see us,” muttered Ted.
Sirens were going off, and everyone on the house-side of the city clogged the highways. Looking through rearview mirrors, the citizens of Teracity could see Tabby lift her giant foot to her knee and observe the murder that existed on the bottom of her cute toe. Those who were attentive noticed her toenails were painted dark blue to match her outfit. Before any noticeable progress was made, Tabby set her foot back down, which shook the earth, and she began her step. The toe end of the flip-flop was tilted upward, exposing the tread of the flip-flop. It was made of rounded bumps that were maybe two foot above the troughs of the tread. With lightning speed, a shadow befell the 6-lane highway, and the toe end tilted down, so that it impacted immediately after the heel. Another massive earthquake shook the vicinity. Before the survivors could comprehend time, the foot returned to the exterior of the city. Everyone gave up on running. Unfortunately for the terrified citizens of the city, Tabby had poor eyesight, and her contacts were in her bedroom. Thus, she decided to return later. But being the forgetful ditz that she is, she left the blue flip-flops near the edge of the ash pile, and she walked back to her new abode sans footwear.
A full-scale evacuation went into effect. Teracity was to be shut down. But no such plans had ever existed. Total pandemonium ensued. All the major highways were clogged. People merely abandoned vehicles and began hiking. An hour later, several hundred evacuees reached the gigantic blue flip-flops, where they took shelter.
Tabby crossed her backyard at a leisurely pace. Disliking shoes, she strode barefoot in the grass. She loved the feeling of well-kept grass against her naked soles. When she reached the ash pile, she was once again curious as to the exact nature of this grey area. Standing at the edge, she realized she forgot her contacts yet again.
“Shit,” exclaimed the female.
Rolling her eyes, Tabby blew off the idea of good vision in lieu of playing with the ash. The touch of it against her big toe had felt rather ticklish, and she smiled just thinking about it. With that thought fresh in her mind, she poked her other big toe into the city several times, just as playfully destructive as before. Same as before, a puff of smoke arose wherever her toe print existed. It truly felt pleasurable to Tabby. With that, she decided to fully stand in the ashes. Her first step sent shivers up her spine. Then she set her left foot next to the right foot so that she was fully in the city. Tabby felt more tingling around her feet just standing there. Curious, she lifted her right foot and saw the grey powder falling from her foot, exposing her bare, clean sole. She stepped well into the pile, and strode to the middle. Each step brought an even greater feeling the closer she got to the middle. As she approached the center, the ashes felt deeper. In some places, the ash momentarily rose to her toes and a centimeter or two up her ankle.
Impromptu cameras were set up to intercept the incoming of the goddess, and soon they picked her up on the screens. She walked barefoot straight for the city. When she reached the edge of Teracity, a deafening roar of “Shit!” scared everyone. Sadly, as before, the girl poked the city with her big toe, except on the other foot. Except this time, she poked over and over. Hell was now in Teracity. If this wasn’t bad enough, she seemed to be enjoying herself. A smile crept onto her face as she lifted her right foot and set it in a heavily populated suburb. Then the left foot followed, killing even more people. Again the goddess lifted her foot to observe the massacre on the toes and sole of her tootsie, but alas, she did not recognize buildings, cars, and bodies. Then she trod towards downtown, where each quaking step demolished larger buildings and even more people. Joe looked up in horror as a shadow raced towards him. He saw her beautiful face above her breasts, and the cutoff shirt. Then the toes of her foot came over him, blocking his view of the woman. His next sensation was of instant pain, then nothing, as her middle toe contacted the city. Panic and chaos broke loose.
However, the microns intently watched Tabby squat down and lower her face down over the city.
Tabby saw movement. Ants, maybe? She wasn’t afraid of any bugs. She lowered herself closer to the ground, resting her upper weight on her knees, and bent over to take a closer look. Her shoulder-length light brown hair dangled just over the ground. She focused on a spot far from the footfalls. Putting her face inches from the surface, she clearly made out lines moving objects. Black dots. They sure looked like ants, except more orderly. She gently puckered her lips and blew, and all the dots on the lines scattered about. Even tinnier dots moved in between the unknown objects. Putting her face an inch above the ground, all the sunlight was blocked from the tiny inhabitants, but Tabby could tell that these were nothing more than pathetic insects. Rising back to her seated position, she paused with a puzzled look. A collective sigh of relief rang though the streets of Teracity. These sighs were cut short when Tabby chuckled and drug her thumb along this highway, digging up concrete and soil twenty feet below street level. Now screams of horror filled the air of the miniature city. She then set her entire palm onto the ground, blotting out all life in a huge handprint. Not satisfied, she licked her lips, stuck her index finger in her mouth, and got it wet. Then she dabbed at the ash, creating a mud of sorts. Looking at her toes, she noticed all the bugs were running away. With a devilish stare, she wiggled all ten of her toes, stirring up more ash and smoke. Most of the black dots quit moving, but some between her toes still continued on. Tabby curled her toes upward, and then placed them back down in different spots, created 10 new holes, overlapping the previous disaster areas.
Tabby stood up. Utterly pissed that her pleasure pile was infested with bugs, she stomped her feet, trampling city blocks in instances. Determined to get full pleasure, she walked all over the pile, putting perfect, gigantic footprints over three-quarters of the city. She lifted her heel and drug her toes through the dirt, creating giant valleys. For the final blow, she scooped up handfuls of the ash that contains the most black dots, and set it in her flip-flops. She realized soon after her destructive party began that the ants were rather intelligent. She decided that she would return later for more pleasure, and maybe even collect these strange ants. With the sickest pleasure, Tabby slid her bare, dirty feet into the beachwear and returned to her house, leaving a smoldering heap all while crushing thousands in her flip-flops.
Satisfied with her new house (and the fun she just had unknowingly slaughtering thousands), Tabby took a nap.