- Text Size +
Chapter four 

Buffy watched the sun set. Normally she loved the sight but she was too deep in thought. She decided to have a conversation with her male body named Barney. Despite the fact that Buffy was in Montana and Barney was in California. Mental conversation was no problem.

 

Barney: “It’s a choice between the blond and the redhead.”

Buffy: “Or between the young one and the experienced one.”

Barney: “The guide says Ruth was 25 when she became a goddess in the summer of 1974. She’s not that young.”

Buffy: “Compared to Eve Summer she is. Lincoln was still alive when she was born.”

Barney: “The guide says Eve is an American. Ruth is Canadian.”

Buffy: “I tend to cross the American/Canadian border at will. And since Ruth likes Americans it doesn’t matter that she’s Canadian.”

Barney: “Ruth seams to be the more ambitious of the two. That may lead to trouble.”

Buffy: “I can grow bigger than her. That said Ruth may be more trouble than she’s worth.”

Barney: “Trouble is the same may be true for Eve. We just don’t know.”

Buffy: ”Either way I’m going to have to take a chance.”

 

While Buffy was talking with herself Eve and Ruth were having a conversation of their own.

“I predict she will pick me.” Ruth told Eve.

“If she’s smart she’ll pick me. I have over a century of experience.”

“But I’m closer to her in age. Please don’t get offended but you’re a museum piece.”

“Hardly I have  kept up with the times. Besides I’m not the only goddess born in the 19th century you know.” Eve pointed out.”

Ruth just shrugged then she said.

“I wonder if she’ll let me rule Canada?”

“And if she says no?”

“I’m willing to settle for England or some other parts of Europe or Asia. Outside the America’s those are the only places I care about.”

“And if she says no, this is my world and you’re under my authority.”

Ruth frowned.

“I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. How about you? What would you do if wanted to rule a part of this world and she said no?

“I’m more interested in exploring this world than ruling it. Besides it’s not good to have two GTS-goddesses fight each other.” Eve replied.

“Buffy would have an unfair advantage with her size changing power.” Ruth admitted.

 

The day dawned bright and clear. As promised, Eve and Ruth showed up. What Buffy didn’t expect was Rose Crusher to be there as well.

“What are you doing here Rose?”

“Surely you have come to a decision by now.”

“I have. Eve Summers can stay.”

“What!! You’re rejecting me? Why?” Ruth demanded to know.

“You’re looking forward to ruling something remark makes me nervous.” Buffy replied.

“You bitch.” Ruth cried as a wormhole carried her away.”

“Personally I think you made a wise choice.” Rose told Buffy.

“By the way how long is a short term?” Buffy asked.

“It hasn’t really been decided yet. But you’ll probably be a while.” Rose replied.

“Pardon me for asking but what’s going to happen to Ruth and the other losers.”

“Hopefully they will find homes on some other world. I’ll keep in touch.”Rose replied before disappearing from sight

 “You won’t regret this.”Eve told Buffy.

“I better not.” Buffy replied.

 

The end for now

 

I decided to wrap this one up. Wish to thank everyone for there comments.