- Text Size +
I looked at her in slack-jawed amazement.

"That's impossible," I finally said: "You'd be as old as Ted, by now!"

My giant captor merely laughed: "A fringe benefit of the alchemical elixir that's kept me petite enough to compete, all these years. In diluted form, of course. At full-strength? It shrinks busy-bodies like you to six inches in height!"

I looked down at Ted's struggling form in the jewelry box.

"That's why Mrs. Ericson is so scared of you. She saw what you did to him!"

Courtney smiled: "Very good, Sherlock! Yes. Fyodor told her his long, sad story...and his theory about me. So, what does the soft-hearted old biddy do? She lets him wait for me in my bedroom! A few minutes after I came back from gym practice, she came upstairs with some lemonade and cookies for us. And, walked in on Fyodor's reduction...already in progress."

"She was the only witness in the house?"

Courtney nodded: "Fortunately, for them, all my sorority sisters were still attending their own classes, at the time. So, I only had to scare Mrs. Ericson into keeping quiet. But, now that you're here, I might have to amend that policy."

"I don't follow."

She looked down into the jewelry box...and grinned.

"I'm gonna donate him to the rest of the sorority. And, once they get over their initial astonishment, they'll absolutely love him! After all; he's still in pretty good shape for a man his age. His muscular little frame should be able to stand up to a lot more punishment than any of the younger guys I've shrunk."

"Guys?" I echoed, not failing to notice the plural.

"He's not my first," she replied with a wink: "But, you might be my last. At least, for a while. You're cuter, younger, and smarter than him. And, obviously more loyal to him than he was to me! So, Fyodor is going to wind up a mascot for the whole house. While _you_ are going to be all mine,...my little pet!"



to be continued?