- Text Size +
"Hello, there, little one. Welcome back to the Land of the Living!"

For the first few seconds, I was paralyzed speechless with shock. Then, I shook my head.

"I'm dreaming. This has got to be a dream! She sprayed me with a mixture of LSD and mace."

The carrot-topped giantess in front of me laughed. Then, she unlocked the door of what I now recognized as a giant birdcage, and withdrew me from it in her right hand!

"You're not dreaming, Mr. Fogarty. Have you ever experienced this in a dream?"

She then began licking my entire upper torso like I was a popsicle! Naturally, I sputtered and coughed like a swimmer who had very nearly drowned in heavy surf. Which only made her laugh all the more.

"Oh! I never get tired of that reaction! And, coming from you, Mr. Fogarty, it's all the more priceless."

"W-W-What do you mean, by that?"

"This is only the second time, in three months, that I've shrunken someone nearly my own age. Prior to now, I've only shrunken teenagers!"

"What the frig are you talking about?" I instinctively exclaimed (momentarily forgetting my current stature).

Instead of crushing me, though, my giant captor merely smiled and stood back up. She then walked over to a dresser bureau, and opened a jewelry box on top of it.

I gasped like an asthmatic when I saw that it contained more than just jewelry. Lying inside it, wrapped up like an Egyptian mummy in gold bracelet chains, was my missing friend; Fyodor Ivanov!

"Ted?! Is that really you?"

"Hmmmmmph mmmmmph! Plfffffff, hmmmmph mmmmmmph!" was all he could reply.

"Apparently, you jumped to the same conclusion he did," replied Courtney: "That I was the look-alike granddaughter of his gilted ex-girlfriend. But, the truth is far more incredible, Mr. Fogarty. There is no granddaughter, illegitmate or otherwise. I really _am_ Svetlana Blefescu!"

tbc