- Text Size +
"Spell It Out"

by Sonicfan287

Chapter 5: The dinner date

Amanda and I had pulled over at Fred's, one of our favorite restaurants, as Amanda waited patiently on the phone for her cousin Sterling to pick up. I glanced up at her impatiently, making myself comfortable against the cold pole of the patio umbrella. "One second"

I looked down at the table uneasily as I waited.

"Hey Sterling?" Amanda said, finally able to reach her, "This is Amanda... what's up? I don't suppose you remember going to school with a girl named Cassandra when you were learning magic?"

As I looked up towards Amanda, I eagerly awaited any information. Amanda's face wrinkled into a frown, then an inquisitive look. She had a very expressive face in general and from my vantage point, I was able to recognize every small detail.

"Okay... so... yeah?" Amanda said, hastily taking a napkin out of her purse. She set the tattered napkin down in front of me and started writing on it. "ok... we'll see you there... she shrunk my boyfriend and... oh... okay... we'll be there"

Amanda slid her phone back into the purse, along with the napkin as I stared up at her. She finally composed herself and looked down at me, somewhat sadly. She said, "You were right..."

"Right?" I squeaked, "Right about what?"

Something told me this wasn't something I wanted to be right about.

"Cassandra's bad news..." Amanda sighed, "Sterling knew right away who I meant and while she didn't know her personally, she was expelled from the academy for dabbling in the dark arts"

My heart fell when I heard that. What kind of thing were we dealing with? Afraid to ask, I continued my question, "Dark arts?"

"Yeah... she said Cassandra went through some ordeal when her boyfriend broke up with her and..." Amanda said, suddenly stopping mid-sentence. "and... it was you, wasn't it?"

I sighed.

"You were her boyfriend at the time, right?" Amanda asked.

"...she's been planning this for some time then" I gasped, realizing it was my breaking up with her that drove her to this. "...I... I don't even know what to say, this is my fault"

"No" Amanda said sternly, "C'mon Bobby, this isn't your fault... Cassandra had no right to shrink anyone... especially my boyfriend! In fact if I see that bitch again, I'm likely to punch her in the face!"

Amanda then smashed her fist against her open palm, producing a loud clapping noise. I couldn't help but think it was somewhat hot.

"She said we can meet her at her house in about an hour, so before we do, why don't we just relax? Get a bite to eat? We used to love coming here" Amanda said.

"Well, okay, if you insist" I replied, "but I don't think I'll be able to pay for my meal..."

"Oh my god, hun" Amanda laughed, brushing her thick black hair from her face to get a better look at me, "You are too cute! Of course, I'll pay for you. Now c'mhere please"

Her hand gently wisked me off of the table and she placed me into her purse. I clumsily fell inside, as she dragged me up to the counter, already knowing what to order, from how many times we'd been there before. She walked slowly back to the table to make sure not to spill the food and drink, not to mention myself. Finally I heard her say something but found it difficult to make out from inside the purse. She lifted me from the purse and placed me gently back up on the table, where I saw a long strip of chicken, three times the length of my body. As I approached the massive food, I didn't know whether I was supposed to eat it or climb on it.

"I guess I bought a bit much for you, Bobby..." Amanda said, "considering your size"

"You kidding me?" I laughed, crouching down to get a better look at the giant piece of chicken, "This is awesome!"

I knelt and took a bite but found myself in pain, from scorching my mouth. "I guess I didn't think that one through..."

Amanda rolled her eyes and laughed, putting a napkin behind me. "You might want to use this... seeing as you're now covered in grease..."

"Oh geez" I exclaimed, realizing she was right, and a thin layer of grease had pervaded into my clothes. I rub the life-size napkin over my body and hear Amanda sigh, somewhat jokingly.

"Boys will be boys" Amanda laughed, as she took a bite of her chicken salad, the giant plastic fork appearing to me as if it were an alien object. "So, are you okay down there?"

"I'm fine" I smiled, trying to feel more comfortable. Even though the situation wasn't ideal, it was nice to be on a date with Amanda at the place we had spent so much time together in the past. "I'm just getting used to everything"

"I'd imagine" Amanda said. "Look, Bobby, we'll get this straightened out, I promise..."

"I hope so..." I said, sounding somewhat dejected as I took a small bite of my giant chicken. Suddenly, I was unexpectedly tipped into Amanda's hand by one of her giant finger tips. She lifted me to her face and smiled.

"Bobby, I promise..." she said warmly and brought me slowly to her lips, kissing me gently. "Okay? I will have you back to normal as soon as possible... hey, what's the matter?"

"You have garlic breath" I laughed.

"Oh you little jerk!" Amanda chuckled, and laid me back on the plate. "You should be lucky I don't eat YOU!"

"You're joking..." I said, somewhat slyly.

"Am I?" she said, a suggestive smile crossing her face as she lifted the plastic knife off the plate. She jabbed it to the table quickly, careful not to hit me, but then while I was distracted by that event, I neglected to notice the plastic spoon rounding the corner, about to capture me in its cluctches.

"Gotcha!" Amanda said, in a sing songy voice, tipping me into the spoon where I fell on my ass and stayed cradled inside what felt like a large plastic basin. She brought me to her mouth, close to her nose from which I heard massive jets of air overhead as she sniffed me. "Mmmm, you look delicious and you'll go great with my salad"

"Heh heh..." I said, desperately trying to disguise my nerves as I looked at her unwavering smile. "You wouldn't eat me right?"

"I don't know..." Amanda said, in a near whisper, "you tell me"

She brought me closer and closer to her mouth but she was doing it so slowly that I reasoned with myself that she wouldn't possibly eat me. If she had wanted to, she could've done it much faster and been done with it. She opened her mouth slowly until I felt a great bellowing breath of air which was steamy hot and reeked of garlic dressing. I dared not say a word though as she steadied the spoon and brought me closer. I tried standing up in the spoon but it was too uneven. I was destined to fall, and my weight tipped the spoon too much. Amanda appeared startled, not expecting me to try to escape but I was overcome with panic in the moments following her scooping me up.

I fell off the spoon clumsily and fell a few feet until I landed on the curving line of her bust. She chuckled and lifted me off of her shirt. Her breasts were clothed so I had no chance to land in her bra but I had been momentarily clinging to her boobs from the outside of the shirt. She laughed as she held me in front of her face.

"Now, how do you keep ending up in there?" she laughed, giving me a naughty wink. I sighed with relief. "You didn't really think I'd eat you, did you?"

"Heh" I said, unable to answer immediately because I was still in shock. Understandably, this offended her.

"Oh my god, you thought I was going to really eat you" Amanda tsked, putting me down on the table again and taking the fork and spoon off the table.

"What?" I exclaimed, "No, I didn't say that!"

"Yeah but you tried to escape... you pretty much jumped off the spoon!" Amanda said.

"I lost my balance!" I explained

"MMm...hmm..." Amanda said in an unconvincing way. "It's okay, I understand, and I'm sorry if I scared you..."

"I-It's okay" I said.

"But you know you can trust me" Amanda said.

"I know, I know" I said, "it's just been a rough day"

"I understand, but it'll be over before you know it" Amanda said.

As we finished our respective meals, her with the relatively tiny chicken salad and me with the relatively giant chicken strips, I just hoped this would all work out for the best and that Cassandra would end up getting her "just desserts".