- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
G.T.S. HEADQUARTERS
MADISON, WISCONSIN
EARTH-DXM
* * * * *

Voyeurman whispered as loudly as he dared.

"Are you getting this, Scott?

"Yeah, Vee. I see it. I just don't believe it."

"Me, either. It's like Liz Anderson went to a Kaminoan beauty parlor, or something!"

"More like somebody has seen one too many re-runs of 'Number 12 Looks Just Like You.' "

"This is not Film Studies 101, gentlemen!" admonished Sarah: "We have a global crisis to manage. Remember?"

"You're quite right, dear," Scott replied: "Vee! Any sign of which console has the satellite controls?"

"I think it's this one."

His cellular vidphone shifted point-of-view. So, that all the personnel in the G.T.S. control room could now see what looked like DVD players stacked floor to ceiling to the right of a radar screen.

Sarah looked behind her: "Well?"

Samantha the super-witch moved closer, and nodded.

"Yep! Those are tulpa-disc players, alright. Find some way to destroy them, and the magic holograms of those GTS-goddesses will vanish. Reverting the game players back to normal."

"Failing that," muttered Scott: "...we'll have to find some way to blow up that TV satellite above Alice Springs."

* * * * *

As it happens, Ray Venn was contemplating that same thing as he and Deborah Miller-Law finally arrived at the Northern Territory town in question. Hefting the club-like molecular disruptor in his left hand, he wondered:

"If I grow to my maximum height, do you think the disruptor beam will be proportionately big enough to reach Earth orbit?"

Deborah squinted in puzzlement: "How the frig would I know? Do I look like Steven Hawking to you?"

Ray half-smiled as he opened his mouth to good-naturedly retort. But, all thought of doing so instantly vanished when he saw HER materialize. An exotic beauty with long, raven-black hair; dark brown eyes; and a golden-brown complexion. In addition, she was scantily-clad in a pink sequined bra and a matching, translucent skirt (slit thigh-high on both sides).

She basically resembled how Jeannie Nelson would have looked if she had been played by Selma Hayek, instead of Barbara Eden.

"Hello, Ray. Long time/no see."

He looked the new arrival up and down: "I see you've changed your ensemble."

She smiled: "I'm a mini-phagic belly dancer, now."

Deborah frowned: "Do you two know each other?"

Ray's reply was semi-sarcastic: "Shame on you, Deb! How could you forget? This is Aetor Bigla's other ex-girlfriend; Ms. Zavia Laryngea!"

tbc