- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
SOUTH AUSTRALIA,
AUG. 14, 2009
(EARTH-DXM)
* * * * *

It was noon when the mega-gigantic fugitives crossed over from New South Wales. At which point, Deborah pulled on Ray's arm, halting him in mid-stride.

"Not...another...step," she gasped: "Not...until you...tell me...where...w-w-w..."

"Alice Springs," he replied: "And, we have to get there, ASAP!"

"W-Why?"

Ray held up the spring-heel jack: "Because there's no time to bring the info on this to I.D.E.E.A., and wait for them to extract it. The Doomsday Society is already beginning the final phase of their masterplan!"

"Master...plan?" she echoed (still struggling to get her second wind).

"It's the most Machiavellian thing I've ever heard of," he told her: "For the past five years, the Doomsday Society has been using the Sitmobtia to smuggle exiled male Morphers to Earths-DXM and -MRG. Morphers who've had their shapeshifting abilities augmented by---consuming---the shrunken bodies of super-witches!"

Deborah straightened up: "Shrunken by sizechangers?"

"No; by sizevamps. The Morphers can then pass for human without fear of detection by anything except the most full-scale biometric scan. This, in turn, allows them to manage branches of the Wishbone Restaurant...wished into existence by expatriate garhus!"

"B-But; why go to all that trouble?"

"Because, it was the only way the Doomsday Society could get the raw materials they needed for that shrunken factory at Black Mountain Tower. Via wishing! And, what they wished for was the stuff necessary for building shrink ray-guns...and weaponizing Spellbreaker gas."

"And, to make that factory look legit, they made it a branch of Cross Time Gifts?"

Ray nodded: "The Morphers needed Grolex watches, with built-in warp activators, for crosstime travel. So, the Sizeloans running the factory infused the activators with ley-line energy. Relayed from the garhu colony at Mount Kalkajaka!"

"What about the shrink rays and the weaponized Spellbreaker gas? Where do they fit in?"

The expression on her old classmate's face was grim as he paused before answering.

"Military engineers, at Area 51, found a way to combine the two. In order to create a gas-powered super-laser capable of shrinking GTS-goddesses! And, after five years, every satellite in the 'Star Wars' orbital defense network has one mounted on it. Ready to be fired, in deadly unison, the moment the White House orders it!!"

tbc